NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

The Witcher - A New Saga Begins

The medallion looks like a cat? That school (according to The Witcher Wikipedia) is one of the only schools to train females and non purebloods. Sounds ideal for a character creator.

Looking forward to what they make, The Witcher 3 was one of my favourite games of the previous console generation. Hopefully they've learned a lot from Cyberpunk and will be in a much better position developing this.

2 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

The medallion looks like a cat? That school (according to The Witcher Wikipedia) is one of the only schools to train females and non purebloods. Sounds ideal for a character creator.

Looking forward to what they make, The Witcher 3 was one of my favourite games of the previous console generation. Hopefully they've learned a lot from Cyberpunk and will be in a much better position developing this.

I saw someone mention that in one of the endings Ciri had a cat medallion so it could be pointing to her as the main character. I think I’d probably prefer that to a create a character approach but I wouldn’t mind if they went that way.

Assuming this is going to morph into a Witcher 4 thread, I guess this belongs here: nearly half of CDPR are now working on The Witcher 4, as confirmed in their earnings report released today; per IGN

hLimsxp_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Nearly half of CD Projekt Red is now working on The Witcher 4, codenamed Polaris, following the release of Cyberpunk 2077 expansion Phantom Liberty.

Confirmation arrived during CD Projekt Red's latest earnings report, which indicated just under 50% of its development staff was working on the highly anticipated sequel as of October 31, 2023. The Polaris team had grown to 260 members as of July 31, 2023, more than a third of all of CD Projekt Red, but development on the game is ramping up following the release of Phantom Liberty.

[...]

The report also has more than 25% of developers listed as "in transfer" as they transition away from Phantom Liberty, and CD Projekt Red has said previously that many of those team members would join Polaris alongside Cyberpunk 2077 sequel codenamed Orion and other projects.

I've got to imagine they're taking aim at the end of this gen for this, then, what with the UE5 transition they're making with the next game, too?

Sign in to follow this