NEurope
Ronnie

Hogwarts Legacy

On 13/02/2023 at 12:17 PM, darksnowman said:

That's great to hear. It must be a joy to have such a well-put-together adaptation of something you hold so dear. 

It truly is. I feel like the very thing that has given me a shed of light throughout my life has been captured so perfectly and really captured the magic that I felt in the books as well as the movies. You can tell that so much love and attention has been put into this game and for me, it's all I asked for. The only real issue I have is the Sorting could've been fleshed out a little more but honestly, it's minor because I linked my Fan Club account anyway, which was cool to do as I can use the wand from my account as well! My friend is blasting his way through the campaign but I'm savouring everything, exploring the castle, the grounds, Hogsmeade and the Forbidden Forest and just falling in love.

I really want the controller so bad but as soon as I went to buy it, it's unavailable. It's £70 but on eBay, it's going for £130+. I hate that people bought it just to sell it at stupid prices! I never buy hardware stuff like extra controllers or what have you but I would love that controller! If they release cover plates too, I guess I'll have to act fast 🙄

• Like 2

I've had to leave a delightful (meh) meme group on the Facebook because of this game. Don't like JK? fine - but they've gone out of their way to spoil the ending (which I've forgotten because it used names I wasn't familiar with), to ruin it for those who are playing it. Condemning those who want to play it, because buying a game which is linked to someone who has been slated for transphobic material obviously means you endorse their views and as such you should have your enjoyment ruined.

It's almost like what happened earlier this week with the trans lass on Only Connect.

I've been half tempted to get this out of spite. But I'm too cheap and currently obsessed with buying book nooks.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Condemning those who want to play it, because buying a game which is linked to someone who has been slated for transphobic material obviously means you endorse their views

Well Joanne has said that she considers people buying her stuff as an endorsement of her views, which is part of where the push back is coming from. This isn't just hypothetical, she's outright stated that buying HP merchandise such as this means - in her eyes - you agree with her. Obviously you can buy and not, but she uses the success to justify her stance regardless. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Well Joanne has said that she considers people buying her stuff as an endorsement of her views, which is part of where the push back is coming from. This isn't just hypothetical, she's outright stated that buying HP merchandise such as this means - in her eyes - you agree with her. Obviously you can buy and not, but she uses the success to justify her stance regardless. 

She has to be making that shit up just to troll people surely?!

I sure hope so.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I sure hope so.

I think she genuinely believes it. 

14 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I've had to leave a delightful (meh) meme group on the Facebook because of this game. Don't like JK? fine - but they've gone out of their way to spoil the ending (which I've forgotten because it used names I wasn't familiar with), to ruin it for those who are playing it. Condemning those who want to play it, because buying a game which is linked to someone who has been slated for transphobic material obviously means you endorse their views and as such you should have your enjoyment ruined.

It's almost like what happened earlier this week with the trans lass on Only Connect.

I've been half tempted to get this out of spite. But I'm too cheap and currently obsessed with buying book nooks.

Buy it. If you like the Wizarding World, this would be worth it. I don't preorder or buy new games but this was well worth paying the full amount. The game is huge as well.

I'm happy I've not come across any spoilers but I hate the fact that this behaviour exists on all parts. I don't and won't let anyone stop me from liking and hating what I want but to do that is just downright disrespectful to those who have wanted to experience this game for literally years. There's many games, songs, movies and shows that have been made by terrible people that have not had this treatment because of their past or beliefs. If you don't want to buy the game or any merchandise because of your beliefs is absolutely fine but respect other people who want to buy the game or watch the films about the adventures of a witch or wizard. 

12 hours ago, Ashley said:

Did she really say this? I didn't know. But as I said, I'm not buying it because I agree with her political views or what have you. I'm buying the stuff because it's something I hold very dearly. Not to drag it to darkness and I understand people who don't really understand how and I know how daft it sounds but the stories have saved me a few times. Even through lockdown, I read them again and it calmed me. Something about it just does even now. 

12 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I sure hope so.

12 hours ago, Ashley said:

I think she genuinely believes it. 

I thought she would be trolling tbf. 

10 hours ago, Beast said:

Buy it. If you like the Wizarding World, this would be worth it. I don't preorder or buy new games but this was well worth paying the full amount. The game is huge as well.

I'm not that big a fan/spiteful git to purchase it full price. My brother was more the Potter fan. I've always seen it as a rip off of Discworld's Unseen University :p 

• Like 1

On 17/02/2023 at 9:37 AM, EEVILMURRAY said:

I'm not that big a fan/spiteful git to purchase it full price. My brother was more the Potter fan. I've always seen it as a rip off of Discworld's Unseen University :p 

Fair enough. I've not read that so I'll check it out! I just really enjoy the world and the lore of it all myself.

I've just bought the Dark Arts pack which gives me the Thestral mount, the Dark Arts Battle Arena and some cosmetic goodies (which is my favourite thing to wear as they look badass).

The arena is a lot of fun to play but would be cooler if it was unlimited waves and got harder as it went on, like Horde mode in Gears.

I've been going around doing sidemissions and exploring the world mostly. I've done any missions that let me unlock spells but other than that, I've been saving them to do later. 

10 hours ago, Beast said:

Fair enough. I've not read that so I'll check it out! I just really enjoy the world and the lore of it all myself.

I've just bought the Dark Arts pack which gives me the Thestral mount, the Dark Arts Battle Arena and some cosmetic goodies (which is my favourite thing to wear as they look badass).

The arena is a lot of fun to play but would be cooler if it was unlimited waves and got harder as it went on, like Horde mode in Gears.

I've been going around doing sidemissions and exploring the world mostly. I've done any missions that let me unlock spells but other than that, I've been saving them to do later. 

Can you just go around avarda'ing people? And leaving no witnesses 

On 26/02/2023 at 12:11 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

I haven't unlocked that spell yet but I hear you can just kill anyone so maybe. I'll let you know when I get it 🤣

Finished my playthrough yesterday.  Pretty good game overall, however i have hit 2 bugs which (unless i replay the entire game and hope they don't pop up again) will stop me from earning several trophies.  Hopefully they get patched and i can finish mopping up trophies, otherwise i'm pretty much done.

3 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Finished my playthrough yesterday.  Pretty good game overall, however i have hit 2 bugs which (unless i replay the entire game and hope they don't pop up again) will stop me from earning several trophies.  Hopefully they get patched and i can finish mopping up trophies, otherwise i'm pretty much done.

Did you go around avarda'ing everyone?

• Like 1

Put in a good 8 or so hours into this and so far I'm really loving it. There seems to be a ton of things to do. Things are starting to click now, the story is interesting, the combat is fun and the world itself is amazingly realised. 

Only downside so far is having to CONSTANTLY get rid of gear to make room for new stuff you find. Frustrating how long you spend in the gear menu just to make room.

But otherwise, great fun so far.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2023 at 12:36 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

Did you go around avarda'ing everyone?

Outside of NPC's, yes

On 26/02/2023 at 12:11 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

I've completed the main story, the side quests and got most of the collectables (I need 13 conjurations and 2 wand handles...I know this means nothing to you but it would to other people who have played this game) and unfortunately, you can't go round using the killing curse on anybody. I think the videos I've been watching are mods on the PC version of the game. I'm hopeful that they will bring out DLC for this as this has truly been one of the best games I have ever played and it's a crying shame that I've nearly completed it.

I only have 5 trophies left to get and they're relatively easy. It's been absolutely unreal and it's been the first time in ages where I've been obsessed with a game and mindful of the time I've spent on it. I've let myself play it for about an hour or so a time and managed to clock up over 50 hours. I've very rarely used any guides (apart from the remaining collection chests as some of them have been a real bitch) and overall, it's been enjoyable. I've had people come up to me that have completed it in 30 hours and I just can't see how because there is just so much to do and explore and find that it would take a lot longer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Beast said:

unfortunately, you can't go round using the killing curse on anybody.

no one?

On 06/04/2023 at 10:55 AM, EEVILMURRAY said:

no one?

Well, you can on enemies but you can't use it on random characters no matter how annoying they are...:laughing: