NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Pokémon World Championships 2022: London (18th-21st August)

worlds2022.jpg

The COVID pandemic may have postponed the plans for this, but it's finally here! The Pokémon World Championships! This year, the usually annual event will be based in the biggest city in the UK, the inspiration for the Galar region. The numerous tournaments will feature:

• Pokémon Sword & Shield
  • Pokémon Trading Card Game
  • Pokémon GO
  • Pokémon Unite
  • Pokkén Tournament DX

The venue will be at the ExCeL London and will take place from the 18th August to the 21st. There will also be a temporary Pokémon Center at the same place from the 17th to the 21st. It's a good opportunity to go to one of these and watch a bunch of people who are way better at Pokémon then you are! It's also going to be the last World Championships of the eighth generation before Scarlet/Violet are released.

As of now, there are no details on how to purchase a spectator badge, but I'll try to keep an eye out. This might be a good opportunity to get an N-E meetup going.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Holy cow!! It's actually happening!?!? This was supposed to happen almost three whole whopping years ago!!

Bloody hell! I'm legit excited for this one! And I actually somehow managed to book that week off from work out of sheer dumb luck!? Well bugger me! I'm sure as hell going to this thing! :D

Any other NE peeps coming along? @S.C.G? We'll defo have to do some sort of NE meetup! :hehe:

Edited by Dcubed

Do you know when tickets are available? This has been on my radar as somewhere I really want to go to this year.

Just now, Aperson said:

Do you know when tickets are available? This has been on my radar as somewhere I really want to go to this year.

No, I'm checking Serebii's site every day to make sure though, so I'll let you know when he gets info on that.

Almost 4 months of checking Serebii.net every day (I say that like I don't already do that anyway...) and we've finally got a heads up on this!

worlds2022motif.jpg

The Pokémon Company International have announced that passes are to be available over the next few days for the Pokémon 2022 World Championships. Alongside access for players who have qualified, spectator passes will soon come in waves.

If you want tickets, it'll be worth checking TPC's Twitter account, or Serebii.net over the next week or so. They're liable to be sold quite quickly.

Edited by Glen-i

Well seems like badges have already sold out. Pokemon Company just sprung that on people like a month before it all happened and now there's none left.

I hope they get some more stock in, I will be trying every morning to see if I can get any.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Aperson said:

Well seems like badges have already sold out. Pokemon Company just sprung that on people like a month before it all happened and now there's none left.

I hope they get some more stock in, I will be trying every morning to see if I can get any.

Well, they said it was coming in waves, so I expect more to come up in the future. I'll keep an eye out on Serebii's site.

They only announced three waves so far and it looks like the third one has already passed.

Still, I'm going to give up hope just yet.

The wife is down there in her Professor capacity on the TCG teaching area (I think?), the amount of swag they get for their time is staggering. 

I hear the finals were between a Portuguese player and a Spanish player, is this correct? With the former using a Venusar (green) on their team, and the latter having a Charizard (red)?

If so, that sounds like the perfect way to segue into Scarlet&Violet.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this