NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Dead Space Remake (27th January 2023)

Forgive me if there's already a thread for this game, but I've just gone back 15 pages in Other Consoles and can't seem to find it, so I guess not? 

Anyways, Dead Space's remake was first shown off during EA Live 2021, with this trailer:

The sci-fi survival horror classic Dead Space returns, completely rebuilt from the ground up by Motive Studios to offer a deeper and more immersive experience. Harnessing the power of the Frostbite game engine and next generation consoles, this remake brings jaw-dropping visual fidelity and improvements to gameplay while staying true to the original. Dead Space will be available on PlayStation® 5, Xbox Series S, and PC.

Isaac Clarke is an everyman engineer on a mission to repair a vast, sprawling starship, the USG Ishimura, only to discover something has gone horribly wrong. The ship's crew has been slaughtered and infected by some alien scourge...and lsaac's beloved partner, Nicole, is lost somewhere on board.

Now lsaac is alone with only his tools and engineering skills as he attempts to uncover the nightmarish mystery of what happened aboard the lshimura. Trapped with hostile creatures called "necromorphs", Isaac faces a battle for survival, not only against the escalating terrors of the ship, but his own crumbling sanity.

And, yesterday, it got a release window of Early 2023: 

To top it all off, the game has been shown off very openly by the developers in regular updates on the game's YouTube channel, where they really deep dive into showing the game off and talking about the process with the remake, which I find very refreshing for a AAA game – and a remake at that! Best example of this is yesterday's update, when they were joined by Jack Pattillo with a stream focused on the sound of the game:

Never played Dead Space before, and horror isn't my forte, but it's definitely a genre I want to expose myself to more of, and so I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Providing they do a good/faithful job, you're in for a treat, @Julius. The original Dead Space is a fantastic game. It was probably the best Resident Evil game of that generation. 

• Like 1

The game has a release date.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Motive, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced during their Crafting the Tension Art Developer Livestream that Dead Space™will officially launch on January 27 2023 for PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Dead Space is a remake of the classic sci-fi survival horror game that is being rebuilt from the ground up leveraging the Frostbite™ game engine. Still remaining true to the original game's thrilling vision, the remake offers enhanced audio and crisp, harrowing visuals that have been carefully reimagined to evoke a new level of immersion and quality.

"Developing this remake has been a lot of fun for us at Motive, as we're true fans of the franchise and want to treat it with the respect it deserves. It's been equally exciting to see players' reactions as we're taking them on this development journey with us," said Phillippe Ducharme, Senior Producer of Dead Space. "We're making great progress on our road to hitting Alpha and we're happy to announce that the game will be launching in January next year. We can't wait for players, both old and new, to see how we've elevated the original experience in the remake to be just as impactful for this generation."

• Thanks 1

On 12/03/2022 at 9:26 PM, Julius said:

Forgive me if there's already a thread for this game, but I've just gone back 15 pages in Other Consoles and can't seem to find it, so I guess not? 

That's why they invented the search :indeed:. (Dead Space)

The game was great, though I never finished it because of a floaty mouse.. I'll need to re-install it some day and play it with a controller.

If you haven't played it I'd say go for it, but personally I don't have any need for a remake. I'll happily play the old version.

Edited by Sméagol

On 15/05/2022 at 1:00 PM, Sméagol said:

If you haven't played it I'd say go for it, but personally I don't have any need for a remake. I'll happily play the old version.

Ok.. I'll take that back. Despite being a remake and despite being from EA.. This looks pretty good.

Sign in to follow this