Glen-i

N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-39e0fd35-197d-4a5e-bfe2-870e7259cfaf-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Get Together! (22/09/2022)

• Thanks 2

@S.C.G I usually just skim your stream but sat and watched it today in full. It's interesting to see other players driving style like that in full, how you handle items and your line through the courses.

Have a tip though, not sure if you do it to be safe, but your starts could be much better. Press A when the second light comes on to get the full boost off the line. I notice you tend to wait for the countdown to hit 1 before you press it. Maybe you know that just thought I'd mention it. It's a very tight margin between full boost and fluffing it though.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

@S.C.G I usually just skim your stream but sat and watched it today in full. It's interesting to see other players driving style like that in full, how you handle items and your line through the courses.

Have a tip though, not sure if you do it to be safe, but your starts could be much better. Press A when the second light comes on to get the full boost off the line. I notice you tend to wait for the countdown to hit 1 before you press it. Maybe you know that just thought I'd mention it. It's a very tight margin between full boost and fluffing it though.

Thanks for the full witness on this weeks stream. :peace:

I mostly just stream it because I can, and because it's one of only two games that I usually play each week, plus it's good to have a record of the night and a bit of site promotion too.

I appreciate the tip, I'd tend to get that mini turbo at the start from pressing when then '2' animation hits the 'level' point, but I can see now that going by the moment the second light appears on Lakitu, that seems to result in the full turbo... at least nine times out of ten.

This was just testing it out using the Joy-Cons on portable mode, so we'll see what happens next week when using a Pro Controller, but I can see why there are many mis-fires at the starting line now, as the margin for error appears to be finite.

• Thanks 1

The ethernet powerline adapter seemed to stop working just before 8pm this evening, otherwise I'd have been on, but by the time I got it working again, most of the Grand Prix's were finished, though I shouldn't have the same problem now that it's fixed and the adapter is using a different power socket.

It wasn't just the Switch dock playing up again for a change.

Anyway, good to see that all went well. I should be in for next week, especially as it should be a theme week.

• Sad 1

OK, last night, there was a very strange Red Shell thrown at me. @BowserBasher might remember me mentioning it on voice chat.

I initially thought it was BowserBasher throwing it at me and getting extremely unlucky, but looking at the clip, I realise what happened now.

It was @lostmario. He used a Boo to nick my red shell and tried to bean me with it, but he was too close to me. I know it's him because Metal Mario's icon is missing from the map.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1
  • Weird 1
  • Angry 1

OK, this week is a theme night. But unforeseen circumstances mean I don't have the graphic to hand at the moment.

Luckily, the course selection is Player's Choice, so you don't have to give it too much thought.

What is of note, is that we'll be partaking in Battle Mode tonight. But we'll be using utilising some unorthodox item sets.

GP1 - Balloon Battle, Skilled Items

GP2 - Coin Runners, No Items

GP3 - Bob-Omb Blast, Frantic Items

If we have time for a fourth GP, then it'll be the standard race setup. See you tonight at 8.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Well that was a fun night. And best of all I won Bob-bomb battle! Also one of the most frantic and hilarious nights on voice chat, thanks guys.

Thanks for the games yesterday. :smile:

- - - - -

custom-39e0fd35-197d-4a5e-bfe2-870e7259cfaf-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Get Together! (06/10/2022)

• Thanks 1

Great racing again.

That fourth GP was EPIC. final race three points between me and @Glen-i. I finish 2nd and Glen gets overtaken on the final corner to finish 4th. We tie with 51 points for the win.

• Haha 3

- - - - -

custom-48b4a06d-025b-4bfb-a75a-500cbc86f

N-Europe Get Together! (13/10/2022)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

Some really strange Red Shell malfunctions tonight.

And this was just funny. Nobody wins! Except @S.C.G.

• Haha 2

- - - - -

custom-fa28bafd-eabd-4c68-b5e5-7c9fa64cf16f-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Get Together! (20/10/2022)

• Thanks 2

- - - - -

custom-b0f5da3d-3968-44ae-a7bf-5a019c7513f5-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Get Together! (27/10/2022)