NEurope
Glen-i

N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

12 hours ago, Glen-i said:

@BowserBasher, due to unforeseen circumstances, I'll have to use the internet connection where I am. It should do the job, as I tested it by racing against random people online, but I'm not totally confident it can hold. So I'm asking you to be host tonight.

That's cool, I should have every one here from previous years, but if not please add me. Though you can join via Glen if he is in the room.

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

That's cool, I should have every one here from previous years, but if not please add me. Though you can join via Glen if he is in the room.

@lostmario has bought a Switch since the League stopped, so you might need to get a friend request from him.

Although I have added him. I'm just covering my bases, just in case.

• Like 1

@Glen-i do you still use my old excel file with all the templates for the league nights? God, that brings back memories.

Still remember the first league night on MK8 where we had over 40 people playing. 4 hosts, making sure everyone in the groups had their hosts added as well as two people to take photos in each group in case the designated photographer got kicked. Fun times.

@BowserBasher, I've sent you a friend request

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lostmario said:

@Glen-i do you still use my old excel file with all the templates for the league nights? God, that brings back memories.

Still remember the first league night on MK8 where we had over 40 people playing. 4 hosts, making sure everyone in the groups had their hosts added as well as two people to take photos in each group in case the designated photographer got kicked. Fun times.

@BowserBasher, I've sent you a friend request

Yup! I just updated that old Excel file for him the other day! :D

29 minutes ago, lostmario said:

It served me very well, thank you for that!

Link to Discord voice chat

Reposting the image for the new page.

u8hzNQp_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Edited by Glen-i

Opening up the room. Come one come all.

I'm Excited, Hooray, One more time!

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Thanks 1

Have to declare myself out unfortunately, I have a baby here who doesn't want to sleep, and doesn't want me to play games either!

• Thanks 1

I hope my internet connection will hold. The connection is actually great, but I am in the only room with problems.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Have to declare myself out unfortunately, I have a baby here who doesn't want to sleep, and doesn't want me to play games either!
I had to hide, wife went for a coffee with friends earlier, now I can play

• Haha 1

Had to stop the second race for about 15-20 sec as my son hit himself. Great watching by the wife.....

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Stick to the theme, @Ike

Someone didn't read the thread. :woops:

Just do choco mountain first in next wave ?

All these tracks are new to me.

Wow! These new tracks are really interesting! Ninja Hideaway is nutso! It's like 3 tracks in one! :D I can see why you were raving about it in MKT @RedShell!

Great games guys! Was really great to shake the rust off again :peace:

Bonkers. Loved it, thanks to everyone that joined in, I hope you all come back next week, I know we aren't going to keep 12 up all through though.

Ninja Hideaway is bonkers, and loving the multiple routes on the new courses. As well as Paris and its change of route on lap three. Choco Mountain is such an upgrade over the original track, nicely done Nintendo. I hope the rest of the tracks that get added are just as good.

Also, for MK9 or what ever it's called, I want more tracks with multiple routes and changing routes as normal. It adds so much to the course.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Bonkers. Loved it, thanks to everyone that joined in, I hope you all come back next week, I know we aren't going to keep 12 up all through though.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have a pretty solid idea of what happened there.

Currently, until the 22nd of March, you can't race on the new tracks online with random people. So people who are part of various N-Europe members' friends list gatecrashed the party, desperate to play them. They had no idea this was a pre-discussed event. Hence the complete chaos.

@Clownferret had no excuse though.

Don't expect it to happen next week. Speaking of, Thursday 8pm.

Edited by Glen-i

Thanks for the games. :smile:

I think it went as well as could be expected for the first week.

I streamed the gameplay on my Twitch channel, here's a link to the video... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-2cc0ec0b-b8fd-4d54-859c-1b4a0087533d-320x180.jpeg

N-Europe Get Together! (18/03/2022)

• Thanks 1

I was not to unhappy, I was doing quite well in a few races (for my standards) but managed to make a huge mistake in the last lap, and mostly a stupid one, which would send me back to the last few places.

14 hours ago, Glen-i said:

So people who are part of various N-Europe members' friends list gatecrashed the party, desperate to play them.

I think this too, sure I mentioned it to @Dcubed on voice chat at the time. I saw at least three people who I didn't recognise from here that had (I think) Denmark, as their flag. No worries, it messed up up a little but I think we managed it.

Tonight's Mario Kart Session is at 8pm tonight. It's a Player's Choice night, so you're free to choose any track. (Avoid racing on the same track twice, though)

@BowserBasher, I'll have to ask you to host again, I might not be able to make it.

• Thanks 1

Room opening in the next 5 minutes or so. Anyone voice chatting the Discord general voice chat will be used, 

• Thanks 3