NEurope
Glen-i

N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

5NYfqAH_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Thanks to @Dcubed for this logo, and @RedShell for the original design!

It's the N-Europe Mario Kart League Get Together!

With the upcoming Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Pass dropping in less then a week, I'm sure those of us getting it would love an excuse to put it to use, and what better excuse then to play online with other N-Europe members?

The idea is that once a week, we'll get together to have some good old fashioned races, and some battles now and again. Unlike the previous League, scores will not be kept track of, so you're free to take part without worrying about your performance.

For obvious reasons, you will need a Nintendo Switch Online account to take part. However, you do not need the expansion pack.
You also do not need the MK8DX Booster Pass to take part, as only one person in the room needs it (I have it). As of today, it's not certain whether people without the pass can vote for any of the new tracks it has. I will update the thread once we get that information.
You also need to add me and BowserBasher as a friend on your Switch, if you haven't already. Friend Codes are as follows:

Glen-i - 3034-9087-7910
Simon (BowserBasher) - 8313-9234-5620

A few general rules to keep in mind:

1. Unless stated otherwise, each session will take place on Thursday at 8pm, GMT.
  2. Each session will consist of 12 seperate races/battles. This normally takes around 45-60 minutes, so take that into account.
  3. Players Choice Nights will allow everyone to vote for whatever track they want to race on. The format will be 150cc, Normal Items.
  4. For the sake of variety, avoid voting for a track that the group has already raced on that night. No-one wants to do Baby Park 12 times.
  5. Every 3-4 weeks, I will impose a "Theme Night", where everyone must stick to the tracks that have been pre-selected. The cc format and item pool may be changed as well. I will post a graphic showing this information before hand.

Discord group for voice chatting purposes.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

Now, depending on how many people are interested, we may have to seperate everyone into 2 groups if there are more then 12 people taking part.

So let me know if you're IN! or not by declaring yourself IN!

1. Glen-i (Host)
  2. S.C.G
  3. Dcubed
  4. lostmario
  5. BowserBasher
  6. Dufniall
  7. Kounan
  8. RedShell
  9. Ike

Tentative

viceview51, Mokong

The Booster Pass drops on Friday 18th March, so despite Thursday being the agreed upon day, the first night will be on that date, and will be a Theme Night that cycles through the 8 new tracks and then 4 other tracks voted on by everyone.

I'll upload a graphic as soon as I'm able to.

Edited by Glen-i

Damn, I wasted my best I'm in GIF on the other thread

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473192fyisclixghsitp

Still need to buy the booster pack & nintendo online subscription but it'll be sorted before Friday.

• Thanks 1

Of course I'm in. I also have the pass so if in any event Glen is not available I can host like I used to on League nights.

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

No-one wants to do Baby Park 12 times.

I wouldn't say no one. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Of course I'm in. I also have the pass so if in any event Glen is not available I can host like I used to on League nights.

Ah, I'm glad you mentioned that. I was gonna ask if you would be a secondary host, in case there are more then 12 people or I can't make it.
I'll add your Friend Code to the first post.

• Like 1

I’m definitely IN, but unfortunately will miss the next two weeks due to moving house and a business trip.

12 minutes ago, Kounan said:

IN, I hope that I will not forget about it.

If you want, I can give you a mention on Friday.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If you want, I can give you a mention on Friday.

Yes please :). Thx

I know we can't force it, but how many people are going to go in blind, as in not playing before we start on Friday?

I probably will end up doing it as may not get a chance to play before.

Edited by BowserBasher

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

I know we can't force it, but how many people are going to go in blind, as in not playing before we start on Friday?

I probably will end up doing it as may not get a chance to play before.

I am. I doubt there'll be an award for completing the single player GP's for these anyway.

The update is out now... but the tracks aren't playable yet...

FOD27SGUYAYGEUO?format=jpg&name=large

It's so beautiful!!!

Edited by Dcubed

That's weird...

FOD5PU3VQAkVh1w?format=jpg&name=large

Ninja Highway isn't considered to be a Mario Kart Tour track for some strange reason... It's the only retro track to NOT have a marker with the past system on it, meaning that it's considered to be a MK8 track? What does it all meeeeaaaannn!??!?!

UO3ZzJo.gif

kTOei6t.gif

Just a one-off though (for now...) as I'm currently on another NSO free trial. :hehe:

Reinstalled MK8DX the other day and played through a GP, it was not pretty. :laughing: Man, my MK8 skills have been absolutely wrecked by playing so much MK Tour! :D

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Ninja Highway isn't considered to be a Mario Kart Tour track for some strange reason... It's the only retro track to NOT have a marker with the past system on it, meaning that it's considered to be a MK8 track? What does it all meeeeaaaannn!??!?!

I'm guessing because it's not a city/real-life based track like the majority of new courses in Tour. In which case, Merry Mountain will probably not have the "Tour" marker on it either, if that one makes it over to MK8DX as well.

Ninja Hideaway is a great course though, probably the best from Tour TBH (the city ones can be pretty bland) so it's great that it made the jump to MK8. :)

Edited by RedShell
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Before tomorrow, it'll probably be a good idea to provide some kind of method of voice chatting, seeing as the NSO app is spotty at the best of times.

Here's a link to a Discord group for N-E members who want to get chatty.

I'll add it to the first post as well.

I'll definitely be on for voice chat, games are so much more fun when you can laugh at others stupidness with each other.

Right! Let's start kicking things off!

First off, we have a fancy shmancy new logo to celebrate the new League!

5NYfqAH.png

Special thanks goes to @RedShell for the original design that inspired this year's logo

Secondly, our GP Template has now been updated with all the new DLC stuff, including all the new icons; and you'll be glad to know that since I could be arsed this time around, all of the old course icons now have their British names! No more "Neo Bowser City" and "Toad Harbor", we have our u's where they belong! Yank names be gone! :D

Finally, our first GP graphic is ready to go and has been sent to @Glen-i to be uploaded, since... well... you know... he's the host.  He'll be posting tomorrow night's GP details shortly.

Right! That's it.  I'll see you all on the race track tomorrow night at 20:00! :hehe:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

28 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

Tracks are playable now. Just a PSA, i had to go to the eshop and download the expansion myself for it to work.

This is important. The new tracks are part of the update, but you have to download the actual pass direct from eShop, even if you have an NSO Expansion Pack. Of course, you don't actually need it to take part, but do it now anyway.

So make sure you have both the update and the pass before tonight's session. And speaking of...

Tonight 8pm

u8hzNQp_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Just as a reminder, avoid choosing tracks that will have already been played during the Player's Choice section. So basically choose anything not from the Pass then.

@BowserBasher, due to unforeseen circumstances, I'll have to use the internet connection where I am. It should do the job, as I tested it by racing against random people online, but I'm not totally confident it can hold. So I'm asking you to be host tonight.

The room will open up at 7:45 pm. You can join by selecting "Friends and Rivals" and joining Simon. Don't be late, as we'll be starting at 8pm sharp.

See ya then!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2