Glen-i

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet

pokemonscarletvioletpalafindistributioncodebanner.620x0.webp

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet gets Palafin distribution code

Now up on the main page.

Check the article for further details.

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

There's currently a Ditto raid event, so easy way to get a good one for breeding.

4 hours ago, Ike said:

easy way to get a good one for breeding.

The phrasing of this sounds like something one of those vaporeon fans would say. 

• Like 1

Saves me the trouble of having to faff about with the weird breeding system to get one, cheers.

I suppose this is more general Pokémon stuff, but I do like a little vindication that Gen 1 stuff was wrong.

Yeah, turns out they were scanned very poorly and most of the colour was mangled in the process.

I knew it! I always had a feeling that they weren't meant to look like that.

Ft8jdu2WAAMr8OJ?format=jpg&name=small

• Thanks 3

It's crazy that so many genwunners are outright enraged by this revelation that they've taken to hurling threats at Bulbapedia for replacing the art on their website with the new scans!

To the point where they've had to put out disclaimers stating that they're still gonna allow people to view the old broken scans on their site...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 2

Pokémon HOME support is finally happening. It'll be available on the 24th of May.

Also...

That's a very cool feature.

Maybe when I can finally transfer my shiny Greninja from my 3DS, I'll just go and blitz through Scarlet.

Edited by Glen-i

I'm now weirdly curious does that mean it will allow you to learn moves your Pokémon has known, or relearn moves that the Pokémon could have known (i.e. the Pokémon's total moveset). Mostly because I'm curious if the game keeps track of moves you dropped. I always assumed if you overwrote a move it just dropped it from internal memory.

34 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'm now weirdly curious does that mean it will allow you to learn moves your Pokémon has known, or relearn moves that the Pokémon could have known (i.e. the Pokémon's total moveset). Mostly because I'm curious if the game keeps track of moves you dropped. I always assumed if you overwrote a move it just dropped it from internal memory.

Move relearning has been a thing since Ruby and Sapphire. It lets you relearn moves that a Pokémon naturally learns through levelling up. I imagine it works a lot like that.

The weird thing is that since Sword and Shield, some moves have been removed from various Pokémon (Toxic being the most notable one).

Nicked from @Serebii's site.

The Nintendo Switch version will also add a new Move Relearner which will allow you to relearn moves of a Pokémon through the app. This allows them to learn moves from a list of moves it has learned up to that point, limited to moves that can be learned in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl (some moves excluded), Pokémon Legends: Arceus, and Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.

So using the Greninja I have back in Ultra Sun as an example, it would only to be able to relearn any moves that it can learn from Scarlet/Violet, as that's the only mainline Switch game where Greninja can be used, but some moves it could learn in the 3DS games will be gone.

Edited by Glen-i

Ah okay. So if you skipped over a move and the Pokémon never learnt it, it would be able to "re"learn it? 

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Ah okay. So if you skipped over a move and the Pokémon never learnt it, it would be able to "re"learn it? 

Yes. Pretty much. As long as the Pokemon's level is higher then when it can normally learn a move, you can relearn it.

• Like 1

Welp, so much for that then!

This is starting to get beyond a joke at this point!

Apparently, the latest event raids in the actual game have been pulled as well. So, this week has just been going to the pits for this game.

Edited by Glen-i

On 18/05/2023 at 4:24 PM, Glen-i said:

The weird thing is that since Sword and Shield, some moves have been removed from various Pokémon (Toxic being the most notable one).

And Scald for some reason.

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Welp, so much for that then!This is starting to get beyond a joke at this point!

Apparently, the latest event raids in the actual game have been pulled as well. So, this week has just been going to the pits for this game.

Do they they, you know, not test anything?

OK, this time it's happening!

That said, I ain't touching it until I send some canaries in to see if my Greninja won't get poofed out of existence.

I can wait a few more weeks.

Pokémon HOME now supports compatability with these games. You can get the Paldean starters with their hidden abilities if you deposit a Pokémon from Sca/Vi.

But I wouldn't. I'll give it two weeks of keeping my eye on Serebii's newsfeed before committing to the transfer. Just to be safe. There's no deadline for those starters, so no need to rush.

So I've finally gotten around to finishing this game, now that I can just sic my Lv 100 Speedy Groudon on everything, just about to go to Area Zero.

Anyway, I was hoping a Violet player could help me out by starting a raid with that Iron Treads, and letting me jump in on it. That event ends tomorrow, and I don't want to miss out on it.

EDIT: Oh right, weird quirk with my transferred Pokémon, they retained all the friendship bonuses from previous games. Even the Greninja (That Protean nerf really sucks... Poor frog can't catch a break) from my 3DS, that's not the usual, but hey, it meant they never disobeyed me, even without all the Gym Badges.

Wonder if HOME did that somehow?

Edited by Glen-i

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Wonder if HOME did that somehow?

simpsons-burns.gif

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

simpsons-burns.gif

OK yeah, fine. I just found it strange, because that didn't happen in Sword/Shield.

Anyway, despite having way OP Pokémon, I did actually fail the Pokémon League twice, the first was because I couldn't remember most of the Gym Leaders (Months of dropping the game will do that), and the second time?

father-dougal-father-ted.gif

Literally me in the middle of that clip!

Edited by Glen-i

Full disclosure: I have no idea what you're talking about, I just wanted to use that gif

Welp, caught an Iron Treads anyway, so I'm good now.

Guess I needed to see the credits first.

To be fair, I couldn’t remember most of the gym leaders. Apart from Larry.

You done the post game as well to unlock 7 star raids (or is that what you meant?)

Just now, Ike said:

To be fair, I couldn’t remember most of the gym leaders. Apart from Larry.

You done the post game as well to unlock 7 star raids (or is that what you meant?)

Iron Treads is thankfully a 5 star raid, so just seeing the credits was good enough.

And I already have a competitive Chesnaught, so I'm not fussed about that raid.

Larry is the one Gym Leader I remember, such a fun take having one person doing it purely because he needs a living. I did a little cheer when it was revealed he was one of the Elite Four. And instead of using the most common, boring, type, he used... the second most common, boring type.
Seriously, how strapped for cash is he, that he needs 3 jobs?

It's one of those competitive Pokemon giveaways based on Pokémon VGC championships, so it's good for Double Battles.