NEurope
Glen-i

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet

Despite that not a terrible trailer. Still not sold on Terralizing or whatever it's called but it's better than Dynamaxing at least.

Picture this. It's January, Legends: Arceus has been officially released, everyone at Game Freak gets together for the after launch party.

But suddenly, the boss of The Pokémon Company kicks the door in, incandescent with rage!

"WHY THE FLYING F*** IS CHARIZARD NOT IN THE GAME!?"

Everyone immediately points to Bill, who has just realised that his little gambit for Pokémon diversity has backfired horribly.

"Well, sir, we thought that it would be nice to feature a less featured fire starter for once. That way..."

Bill's reasonable explanation is cut short by a slap with the force of a million exploding suns.

"Patch it back in!"

Billy (Yes, a different person, you don't know about Bill and Billy from Game Freak?) chimes in, saying that the team are focusing on Scarlet and Violet now, and it's too late to program one Pokémon into Legends.

Bill's fate is sealed, and he's immediately fired. The Pokémon Company boss departs with one final warning.

"Don't let this happen again."

Panic sets in, the whole team is aware that they have omitted Charizard from the Paldea Pokédex, because, let's face it, they have been shilling it a bit much lately.

But Billcifer (Yes, really) brings calm to the team with his following words.

"We still have time, we can fix it"

So ends our tale.

Yes, I did just want to point out that the bloody thing isn't even in the actual game, and still nicks the spotlight!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bob said:

Oh my god guys, have you seen the leaks!? I can't even.

I'm gonna call your bluff. You've not seen them either.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'm gonna call your bluff. You've not seen them either.

I have not.

But someone more curious than I may have!

1 minute ago, bob said:

I have not.

But someone more curious than I may have!

I have. Only one of the starter Pokemon has a decent looking evolution line. The other two are simply awful. 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I have. Only one of the starter Pokemon has a decent looking evolution line. The other two are simply awful. 

Sounds to me like two of the final evolutions are pretty cool then.

I like those odds!

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Sounds to me like two of the final evolutions are pretty cool then.

I like those odds!

You're a man of poor taste so you will love them.

30 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You're a man of poor taste so you will love them.

ohhh-whoah.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, drahkon said:

ohhh-whoah.gif

But premature, that. We'll have to actually see them before we judge whether that's justified. And I'm not spoiling it for myself.

If the likes of Toxtricity is poor taste, then good taste can shove it.

Just now, Glen-i said:

Toxtricity

System of a Down is back with a sequel to their best album? :o 

And yes, nobody has made that joke before.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'd be really interested to see which one you mean :D

Spoiler

I really like the Grass final, Water I need to see in game, on the fence at the moment and I absolutely hate the Fire final evo! I am seeing a lot of love for the Fire starter though.

I am happy that I don't like the Fire/Ghost starter though since I'll be using Ceruledge which is the same type.

I have just seen the full Pokedex and I'm not really liking the look of a lot of them :blank:

I think there's some cool dual typing but I'll have to see some decent quality in game sprites.

Edited by Eddage

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

If the likes of Toxtricity is poor taste, then good taste can shove it.

Liking Toxtricity means you have great taste, one of the best Sword/Shield 'mons!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eddage said:

I'd be really interested to see which one you mean :D

My opinion... (Hide contents)

I really like the Grass final, Water I need to see in game, on the fence at the moment and I absolutely hate the Fire final evo! I am seeing a lot of love for the Fire starter though.

I am happy that I don't like the Fire/Ghost starter though since I'll be using Ceruledge which is the same type.

I have just seen the full Pokedex and I'm not really liking the look of a lot of them :blank:

I think there's some cool dual typing but I'll have to see some decent quality in game sprites.

Spoiler

The final fire evolution looks like garbage. I can kinda get away with the grass one but I think the water is the best.

Yeah, lots of meh looking Pokemon this time around. Absolutely love the dolphin though. :D 

• Like 1

I'll get it. I'm currently fighting the final boss in Xenoblade 3 so I cane be ready for this. 

I'm struggling to figure out which starter I'll go for. Can't decide but I'm leaning towards grass for once. 

I’m gonna be picking it up on the 25th. Pay day treat and also gives me time to play the Crown Tundra DLC. 

Definitely getting Violet, prefer the legendary and Cerluledge looks awesome. 

I'm just guessing, but I'm gonna say that Violet will be the most popular here.

Koraidon not moving like an actual motorcycle definitely killed the hype for Scarlet. I'm still getting it, but I'm expecting to be quite popular for trading partners in the near future.

If I pick it up (who am I kidding, of course I will) I will probably go for Violet as well. Like Eddage, I much prefer the legendary over the one on Scarlet. My choice of starter will be Quaxly.

I won't have much time to play this weekend so I'll probably grab it from the Nintendo webshop to get the steel case, along with some platinum point goodies.

I still haven't decided yet, I'm leaning towards Violet for the starter and the future vibe, but Scarlet being the underdog makes me want to grab that one. Think I'm going for grass cat as well!

Just waiting on ShopTo to dispatch Scarlet, they started processing it on Tuesday and I almost thought hopefully I'd get it today, but it's still processing. 

Just watched the GameXplain video review and it seems the main negatives come down to technical issues (including camera). Not exactly surprising and hopefully some will be fixed down the line, but just seems like another instance of Game Freak rushing things out too quickly.