NEurope
Glen-i

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Zekrom and Reshiram aren't man-made though.

I mean, while not genetically engineered or synthesized in the way that Mewtwo, Genesect, etc., were, I guess it could be argued that they were man-made in the sense that the original dragon wouldn't have split into two in the absence of the two brothers and their conflicting ideologies. 

But that's just me pulling an Obi-Wan :p

point-of-view-star-wars.gif

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Gen 5 really does have some of the best Pokémon.

Hell yes to that :D

pokemonscarletvioletreleasedatebanner.620x0.webp

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet to launch later this year on Nintendo Switch

Now up on the main page.

Full press release and trailer.

Seems as appropriate a place as any to put this: James Turner, the first Westerner to officially design Pokémon, has left Game Freak to form a new game studio. 

Well worth the scroll through his Bulbapedia page to see which Pokémon he designed, it's such a solid list. Had no idea he was behind Shadow Lugia, but think Golett/Golurk and Phantump/Trevenant are probably my favourites of his designs! 

Obstagoon was my favourite of his.

BTW, that list might not be comprehensive. Those are the designs we know he did. Could be more he worked on that we don't know about.

Weird that Game Freak waited a whole generation before saying, "Hey, remember Shadow Lugia? We should get the guy who designed that in."

I've been looking through the latest leaked pics and reading the rumours. One of the new evolutions is hilarious. I so hope that the pics are legit. :D 

Some are saying that a new trailer will be dropping soon, possibly even today. 

Today's trailer from the Pokémon Presents:

Courtesy of the official site, we also have our first top-down look at the region of Paldea:

world-map-2x.jpg

We also got some more details on version exclusive Pokémon from the site too: Larvitar and Stonjourney will be exclusive to Scarlet, and Bagon and Eiscue will be exclusive to Violet. From launch up until 28th February 2023, it was announced that a Pikachu with the move Fly and a Flying Tera Type would be available through Mystery Gift.

There's also a page on the official site which dives into character customisation a bit more, detailing that we'll be able to change eye shape, mouth shape, and more, as well as the more typical stuff like hairtsyle, hair colour, and eyebrows. It unfortunately doesn't sound like there'll be much in the way of clothing customisation, though, as the same page mentions the academy only having four uniforms in total (from short sleeves and shorts to blazers) and an additional variety of accesories to customise your look with. 

Very much looking forwards to zooming in on the map and speculating a bit once I'm done with work, but for now: Paldean Wooper is life and I'm actually kind of excited for multiplayer in this game :D 

Edited by Julius

Can't watch the trailer, but does Koraidon run around on all fours and not use it's "wheels"?

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Can't watch the trailer, but does Koraidon run around on all fours and not use it's "wheels"?

Yeah, pretty much :laughing: in case you can look at a GIF on Twitter, it's definitely...something:

• Sad 2

Well, at least it's not some friendship crap this time. But it seems very forgettable and unimportant, just like Dynamax. 

But I may have misheard. Did they mention three different stories that you could choose from and then just mention the Gym road? 

Awww... That's really lame. The initial reveal gave me a new dream of driving a motorcycle dragon, only for it to be yanked away.

I'm gonna hate this game, I just know it. I was hoping the sheer awesome of that would've helped distract me from being bored, but now I'm just gonna see that animation and wonder what could've been...

Hopefully, the Dragon Quest IX style co-op will pick up the slack there.

2 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

But I may have misheard. Did they mention three different stories that you could choose from and then just mention the Gym road? 

Yeah, apparently.

Edited by Glen-i

22 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Awww... That's really lame. The initial reveal gave me a new dream of driving a motorcycle dragon, only for it to be yanked away.

Get the other version, that one drives on its wheels.

21 minutes ago, Dufniall said:

Get the other version, that one drives on its wheels.

But that design's not as hilarious!

Seems to dial it back on the real-world inspiration this time. Aldea is a small village so... P for Pokémon? ::shrug: Not planning to comb through it so I'll leave it to @Ashley to take us through the rest. :p 

3 hours ago, Julius said:

Courtesy of the official site, we also have our first top-down look at the region of Paldea:

world-map-2x.jpg

I see this and I think... let's skin up, emote up and get ready to board the battle bus.

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Well, at least it's not some friendship crap this time. But it seems very forgettable and unimportant, just like Dynamax. 

Think it said three story options to pursue with one being the eight gyms and victory road.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Hopefully, the Dragon Quest IX style co-op will pick up the slack there.

If it's that good I'll count it as a win!!

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Not planning to comb through it so I'll leave it to @Ashley to take us through the rest. :p 

Well...

4 hours ago, Julius said:

world-map-2x.jpg

Game Freak considers Madrid a hell hole

Hope that helps

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

pokemon-paldean_wooper.png

Disclaimer: we do not have poisonous Woopers wallowing in our mud. I should know.

However, after some digging, I found out that Lusitanian (read:Portuguese) salamanders are brown during their baby/larval stage... So yeah. Hometown hero Quagsire might be a thing.

For the love of God, GameFreak, do not ruin Quagsire...

Fidough looks like bread, which is excellent. That's like... the fourth Pokémon revealed so far based off of food? Love it.

Bijou is the most popular bread in Portugal and it looks like this. There's also a very popular pastry called Bola de Berlim (usually eaten at the beach) that looks like this. So this little bread douggie looks promising. And tasty.

pokemon-cetitan.png

I don't like it. Kill it with fire. What is it made of, snow? Fictional substance, as far as I'm concerned.

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Can confirm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Ashley said:

Well...

Hope that helps

They've gone and outed themselves as pro-Catalunya now.

14 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Disclaimer: we do not have poisonous Woopers wallowing in our mud. I should know.

Are your dogs throughbreads?

7 hours ago, darksnowman said:

They've gone and outed themselves as pro-Catalunya now.

"What do we know of them?"
"They hate Madrid"
"Do you have any idea how little that narrows it down!?"

7 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Are your dogs throughbreads?

...Did you quote the right part of the post?

All I know is, if Pokémon had names in Spanish and/or Portuguese, Fidough's ideal localised name would be "Panito". Works great for both languages, for distinct reasons.

15 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Were those meant to be amiibos, I wonder?

I doubt it just because I think there's only been one standalone Pokémon amiibo (outside of the Smash Bros. line), which was Detective Pikachu? But that would be funny :laughing: I'm just imagining Sakurai going into a janitor's closet and all around are scrapped Smash characters as amiibo: these starters, Geno, Dante, Master Chief, Kratos... :p

I think TPCi likely had these ready to go regardless, I'm not sure who is in charge of Pokémon toy production these days but I imagine that they've got multiple permutations of each Pokémon ready to go for things like this, but not necessarily designed for this specific purpose. Or at least I think that would make sense, but ::shrug:

Anyways, just give me my Paldean Wooper statue already! 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1