NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Pokémon Presents: 27th February 2022 @ 14:00 GMT

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

I'm disappointed they didn't announce any Pokemon Home support today.

Yeah, I'm legit surprised nothing was said of Home for BDSP and Arceus. What is going on there?

Spoiler

I'd probably be more upset by having the regional variants of Palkia and Dialga spoiled for me if I actually cared anymore, but that was pretty cheeky.

Edited by Glen-i

BDSP and Arceus are never getting Home support at this point.

Also BDSP is never getting GTS support; The GTS Project Has Started indeed.

23 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Also BDSP is never getting GTS support; The GTS Project Has Started indeed.

They added the Arceus symbol to BDSP so it seems like they were planning on it.

GTS is in Home now, it’s not going to get added to BDSP directly.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

They added the Arceus symbol to BDSP so it seems like they were planning on it.

GTS is in Home now, it’s not going to get added to BDSP directly.

The GTS in BDSP is supposed to enable Wondertrade...

But I think it's safe to say that ship has sailed now and that the game will never be finished.  10+ million seller and they're just abandoning it in an unfinished state.  What a joke.

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

I did already mention to you that the recent update for BD/SP added the Time Travel Certificate. Home support is happening. It is weird it didn't get mentioned here though.

And it'd be just flat out dumb if Arceus didn't support it, how would you get the new Pokémon/regional variants in your National Dex otherwise?

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

The GTS in BDSP is supposed to enable Wondertrade...

But I think it's safe to say that ship has sailed now and that the game will never be finished.

But yeah, this is starting to look likely. The update finally added all the missing features, except that. That's too bizarre to ignore.

I get that it’s early footage. I get that it’s Game Freak. I get that it’s beating a dead horse at this point…

but wow, the visuals of Scarlet and Violet are embarrassing. I’m amazed they actually decided to show it. 

No-one: We'll get the announcement of Gen IX today. 

Absolutely no-one: We'll see the starters and footage of Gen IX today. 

Game Freak: So anyways, here's Gen IX! 

Everyone:

surprised-pikachu.gif

I just can't believe they faked us out with what I saw as a tease of Detective Pikachu news not once, but twice, and we ended up with Gen IX. It's insane. 

Overall the Presents was definitely one which showcases the two extremes of Pokémon, as we had updates on not one, not two, not three, but four games available on mobile (not necessarily exclusive, but you catch my gist), a lot of it stuff we'd already heard or guessed was coming over the last few days: Pokémon Go with it's super tame and phoned in Alola teaser, Masters Ex with its anniversary event, Café Remix with its updates and event, and Unite with its event and showing off the next support. It was...rocky.

Though, there's always light in the darkness, and the light's name in this Presents was called Marshtomp :D

FMpqk0CXIAM33jh?format=jpg&name=large

Then it was onto the stuff I feel most were waiting for: updates on Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl in the form of Oak's Letter being shadow dropped, which is a pretty fun event (Gen IV definitely had some of the stronger events with how they were handled in-game), as well as an update for Legends: Arceus, in this case update 1.1.0 - Daybreak. Smart move to keep it fresh in the mind with some tweaks and additional content, getting easier access to Hisuian-native Pokémon is a massive win in my eyes, though it's a bit of a shame they weren't as easy to get a hold of in the first place. The announcement of a short series set in Hisui sounds like good fun. 

And then the big surprise: Scarlet and Violet.

Yeah, didn't see that coming at all, don't think anyone really did. Then again, I do remember the same guy who translated the Chinese leaker's tweets said Gen IX was coming sooner than we thought and would be announced by April, so ::shrug: looks a step up from Arceus already in terms of its reveal footage, definitely a bit rough around the edges but Arceus managed to turn itself around with the time it got between announcement and launch, so imagine it will be the same here. I'll save my thoughts on what we're actually getting for the game's thread, but for now, those character faces look...bleh. 

Overall, an event which had absolutely no pacing, but will be remembered favourably only because of a huge surprise announcement and the recently released games getting nice smaller updates.

They need to curate these events better, because opening with the snore fest that is updates on four consecutive titles available on mobile could have had people checking out of the event. Just stick the Legends: Arceus update at the beginning, saying thanks to everyone for getting onboard with this new type of Pokémon adventure, and then say "speaking of gratitude..." to transition into the Oak's Letter event, then go to mobile. That way you've set the bar high enough for people to actually want to stick around. 

My verdict for Pokémon Presents: Pokémon Day 2022: 7.0/10 (too much mobile) 

Spoiler

February

• State of Play: Gran Turismo 7 - 8.0/10

• Nintendo Direct: February 2022 - 9.5/10

It's been a fairly solid start to the year for events! 

• Like 1

pokemonpresents27022022roundupbanner.620x0.webp

Pokémon Presents 27.02.2022 Roundup

Now up on the main page.

Full press release and video embed.

12 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I get that it’s early footage. I get that it’s Game Freak. I get that it’s beating a dead horse at this point…

but wow, the visuals of Scarlet and Violet are embarrassing. I’m amazed they actually decided to show it. 

Yup. My reaction was:
Michael Scott - Disgusted Gif

Followed by attempting to rationalise it. It's early footage. They've still got some time. Heck, they'll already have polished and improved it since that trailer was put together. :idea: 

But come on, did anything improve between the reveal and release of the Sword and Shield and the one from last month?

They fooled me once on Switch with Sword and Shield--shame on me--and it's not happening again. I'm not interested in a game that does some things well (by standards ten+ years ago...) if you overlook how undercooked the rest of it is. What's the point? I'll be back into Pokémon when they knock it out of the park again... which'll be never since they puke out several average-at-best games a year and make massive bank. 

Yeugh. I'm not even mad. Just continue to be disappointed by this series. :nono: 

• Like 1

It still looks rough around the edges (understatement of the century), but I did see some improvements over Arceus in the trailer. Mainly lighting effects and textures on Pokémon look to be a lot better. But it's a shame that the basic textures, pop-in etc are all still sub-par.

@darksnowman it was the same with Legends. That game was very rough in the first trailer and although the game is not without issues, it's a big improvement over what we initially seen. 

Sign in to follow this