NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Street Fighter 6 (2nd June 2023)

That's a pretty boring logo, and I'm sure the RE Engine look will be divisive. Considering there was a week-long countdown to this, that's very little to decide to show. 

More news to come in the summer. Platforms still TBC. 

Edited by Julius

Crappy logo, very sweaty video, Hot Ryu is IN.

Overall, nice teaser.  Will almost certainly be PS5 exclusive as Sony won't be able to resist buying exclusivity, especially with them now owning Evo.

What's much more important than any of that junk however... is this...

Yusuke Hashimoto (Director of Bayonetta 2 who left Platinum back in 2019 for unknown reasons) is now back at Capcom and is working on this game!!

Edited by Dcubed

It's going to be a hard sell on day 1 after the full price beta test they shoved out for Street Fighter 5.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mandalore said:

It's going to be a hard sell on day 1 after the full price beta test they shoved out for Street Fighter 5.

Yeah that's kind of where I'm at. Might be around a year after release before I pick this up this time.

7 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Will almost certainly be PS5 exclusive as Sony won't be able to resist buying exclusivity, especially with them now owning Evo.

Hopefully just in the same way that SFV was exclusive to PS4, i.e. also on PC. :hehe:

I kinda hate the logo. So colourless, so sterile, feels like it was designed to emulate the aesthetic of stereotypical mainstream "PC gaming".

Other than that, I just hope the full game feels complete at launch. Proper Arcade/Story modes and endings for everybody, character themes, lively stages, wild bonus rounds... have all of that typical series charm ready to go.

10 hours ago, Mandalore said:

7 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah that's kind of where I'm at. Might be around a year after release before I pick this up this time.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"

This is certainly not the context that Miyamoto had in mind when he said that, but it certainly applies to the public perception of a brand. A bad launch stings in the memory of people.

I only just saw it, and I know it's been said already, but I need to throw my opinion in about it.

That logo is shit.

Smash Ultimate manages to do a better job.

street_fighter_smash_bros__series_icon_b

That's part of the game's UI!

• Thanks 1

The logo legitimately looks like a free-to-play mobile game letting you know you've got 6 notifications to bug you into buying some microtransactions. 

But even more damning:

I do wonder if they'll change the logo, it really is abysmal. Also, am I the only who hates the fact that they went with the cardinal '6' over the Roman numeral 'VI' this time? Roman numerals are far cooler in practically every case. The earlier Street Fighter titles show that they're aware of that. 

Capcom, sort your stuff out. 

23 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Will almost certainly be PS5 exclusive as Sony won't be able to resist buying exclusivity, especially with them now owning Evo. 

I'd be pretty surprised if this were PS5 exclusive to be honest, firstly considering that if that were the case, why not share that here or save it for a State of Play? And secondly because it feels like the FGC has grown quite substantially since V, with many multi-platform successes. 

EVO is probably the biggest thing going for exclusivity in my mind, but I think Capcom would be silly to limit their install base, especially if it's not a feature complete game at launch in the way that V wasn't. I wasn't even massively into games at that point and I still heard a lot about the blowback there. 

Also...

Spoiler

...didn't the Capcom leak suggest it would be multi-plat? 

Things change, of course, and the EVO deal you brought up has gone through in the time since the leaks took place, but I'd be surprised if they went with exclusivity on PS5 (especially with the limited number of units available - at worst it's PS5/PS4/PC I'd imagine, if there was going to be some PlayStation deal). 

Imagine they'll get the marketing deal and some exclusive or early content, or something like that, though? 

It'll be interesting to see how this one shakes out. 

Curious: when does everyone imagine this will release? Capcom has had a pretty tight ship over the last few years, and while I know we've heard a lot about trouble behind the scenes on this one, this is surely arriving before the end of 2022, assuming smooth sailing, right? 

I just realised something... This new SF6 trailer proved that the leak about the supposed Final Fight reboot was absolutely real... only that instead of it being released as a standalone game, it ended up getting cancelled and rolled into SF6 as its single player mode instead! :D

Gotta say, this looks way better than any of my expectations!

Tekken Force mode AND Tekken Ball mode? You can play with stage hazards on!? Blanka has MechaKoopas?!? Street Fighter VI is looking to evolve the genre by reviving some of its wackier concepts.

Finally, another fighting game besides Smash seems to be doing an actually fun single-player mode. It's been forever!

• Thanks 1

Damn that looks fun.  Really looks shockingly robust! I’m liking the look of these new wacky modes :D

Dare I hope that this gives Soul Calibur 2’s single player mode a run for its money?

Sony once again accidentally leaked details of a game via the PS store.

June release date looks to be on the cards.

IMG_1354.jpg

I imagine this stuff was being shown or announced at the Game Awards.

27 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

June release date looks to be on the cards.

My German ass thought it's 6th of February :laughing: 

2nd June 2023 it is:

The date showed up at the end of its part in the SoP so casually I had to question if it was revealed before :laughing:

Demo available now on PS4 and PS5, coming to other consoles next Wednesday (26th April):

There was also last night's showcase:

The reviews for this came in yesterday and it's currently sitting at a 92 on Metacritic. 

Some reviews:

Absolutely insane, Capcom now have two 90+ rated games on Metacritic for the year (the other being 93 for RE4 Remake). I know Metacritic certainly isn't the be all and end all on quality, but it's definitely a good way to gauge what the general feeling is about a game, and it seems like this is going to be coming hot out of the gates – just hope Capcom's plans for support keep it there, it's so important these days for a game like this to not rest on its laurels. 

Won't be there at launch but definitely going to be considering picking this up during the Black Friday sales later on in the year :peace:

Not quite the Capcom VS crossover I was expecting, but... cool! Sure! Why not?

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this