NEurope
Helmsly

3DS and Wii U eShop purchases to end March 2023

7 hours ago, Julius said:

Those heathens and their damn UTC - adding funds worked at 00:15 on the spot!

Anyways, Wii U games list purchased, so that's me done:

Wii U 

eShop 

• The Swapper
  • Nano Assault Neo
  • Year Walk
  • NES Remix 2
  • Tengami
  • Chasing Aurora
  • Pullblox World

VC 

• Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  • Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
  • Golden Sun: The Lost Age
  • Advance Wars
  • Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
  • Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies

Some of those VC games will probably be coming to NSO at some point, but again, it's Nintendo: it's worth exercising reasonable doubt and just picking them up to me. Advance Wars has really nice pixel art which I'd rather experience over the remake as someone that hans't played the GBA games before, and well, Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies just seemed smart because while the first game has come to NSO's N64 offering, I can definitely see there being some more obstacles getting in the way of SotS coming to Switch (it's not impossible, just seems unlikely). Oh, and the physical version goes for a fortune now, so there's that!

Anyways, totally didn't have me stressing there for a moment Nintendo :p 

That's so strange it made you wait the full 24 hours, including DST, while I only had to wait around an hour.

I think buying Wii games is fairly safe as I can't see us getting any GameCube or Wii games as part of NSO (despite us seeing that it's possible with the Mario collection).

Some final VC purchases:
Wild Gunman
Shining Force Sword of Hajya - I still want the Game Gear Micro that includes this but it's super unlikely I'll be getting it any time soon
Devil's Crush
Trip World

I'm really confused why they need to shut the stores down.  I get shutting it down on device because of all the SSL/TLS issues, it's why it's not accepted payment for ages.  But the web store is all secure, why can't I just buy things there and redownload on device?  It's basically what I've been doing the past couple of days anyways.

Goodbye 3DS and Wii U, you've been great.

• Like 1

Did pick up BoxBoy on the 3DS eShop, final purchase i think.  Good prices on the Steamworld titles, would pick them up but already own them on PlayStation.

Won't pick up anything on WiiU, my power cable for the console snapped and i don't think i'll be getting another one anytime soon.

• Like 1

I had about £1.80 left so got Steamworld Dig for about £1.30, I think that's me done :|

22 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Did pick up BoxBoy on the 3DS eShop, final purchase i think.  Good prices on the Steamworld titles, would pick them up but already own them on PlayStation.

Won't pick up anything on WiiU, my power cable for the console snapped and i don't think i'll be getting another one anytime soon.

I read recently that a few reports have come out about some people switching on their Wii U's after some extended time only to find the NAND inside has failed or has become corrupted. This could be due to the time left alone or I believe certain chips used in the console.

Edited by sumo73

14 hours ago, sumo73 said:

I read recently that a few reports have come out about some people switching on their Wii U's after some extended time only to find the NAND inside has failed or has become corrupted. This could be due to the time left alone or I believe certain chips used in the console.

I read the same.  Someone i know in a local gaming groups WiiU had this very error happen to them.  Could be anything that's caused it, but it is definitely worrying if you want to replay Xenoblade or Wind Waker HD (or anything that wasn't ported to Switch).

On 23/03/2023 at 7:12 AM, V. Amoleo said:

Today should be the last eShop update day.  I wonder if it'll bring anything interesting.

Update:  Last Thursday store update has happened.  If you like word searches you'll be happy.  If not, there's nothing worth picking up.

Went out with a whimper, didn't it. :( 

Hard to believe it's gone. I wasn't really thinking much of it until this morning and I can feel the weight of everything that's just not available any more. The dual screens, the 3D, the gimmicks. It's harder to get my head around than I expected. I'm already wondering if one day I'll get a dingy secondhand 3DS to jailbreak and have access to everything that can no longer be bought.

Feel like there's a gap in my gaming options now. 

On 26/03/2023 at 11:58 PM, Julius said:

It's because they didn't account for Daylight Savings starting in some territories today and are probably running their servers on UTC, meaning that to the eShop right now it's 22:57  

Damn it Doug Bowser, I want you to take my money, why are you making this so hard?! 

Yeah, that's right. The updates I was getting were in UTC so shoppers across the globe had to adjust accordingly. Pretty sure Doug had nothing to do with it. ::shrug:  Looks like you got sorted anyway. :hehe: 

---------------------

I'd been following the weekly sales and held off until the last minute in the hopes of a final clearance that never materialised. Got:

Kid Tripp (free)
Digger Dan DX (free)

Then on Sunday this dozen from what was still on sale:
Go! Go! Kokopolo 3D
The Legend of Kusakari
Fairune
80's Overdrive
4x Japanese Rail Sim 3D (:blush:)
Retro City Rampage DX
Stella Glow
Mighty Switch Force 1 + 2

Severed was off sale by this time. Sorry @Jonnas. :( 

And with that, they stopped accepting my card for payment! So I added a gift card.
DKC Trilogy
Mario Maker (because it has 100 built-in levels with objectives... but isn't 3D.)
Luigi's Mansion 2
Lylat Wars 3D
Mole Mania (You're welcome, @Jonnas!)
3D Classics TwinBee (worthy of the classic moniker!)
Gurumin 3D: A Monster Adventure — I'd earmarked this as it had been £3 in March but was back to full price by the time I was buying. I got it anyway because unlike Severed, it's not on Switch.
Attack of the Friday Monsters!

Left me with £1.10 balance which I'll spend on the Switch eShop sometime. Hopefully, they'll start accepting my card again by the time Sea of Stars comes out...? There was still plenty I wanted and while I considered adding another gift card last night, ultimately I put it out of my head. Perhaps eventually they'll release a family of "3DS minis" (but not miniature!) with various selections of games built-in, like a 3D Classics machine, etc? Or the successor to Switch will flip open when undocked? Or something. With Level-5 making a comeback I'm at least somewhat hopeful of a Guild compilation seeing the light of day. Surely the VC stuff will end up on NSO.

If they don't and this is where it ends, I'm going to miss the 3D effect. :( 

Got a bunch of demos as well then picked up some physical games from the bargain bin today too:
Yo-Kai Watch 1 + 2
New Style Boutique 1 + 2
Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers

The boxes need a clean.

There are some free themes available! If you open your system the themes icon will have the dot to draw your attention.

• Like 3

I'm liking to read about everybody's hauls. Strange to see that you can get screwed whether you anticipate your purchases (like me with Shovel Knight) or leave them to the end (like @darksnowman with Severed).

Hopefully we can now give our 3DSes and Wii Us the twilight years they deserve. I ended up with lots of exciting stuff to play on my 3DS.

I gave my Wii U to my parents around Christmas and they had the error on start up.  I assumed it was an issue with my console and bought a 2nd hand one to replace it.  Now I hear that the issue is commonplace, which is a little frustrating! Still, at least now I have a working one and Nintendo transferred over my account.

I bought Kokopolo 3D as my final purchase on 3DS. I did realise I had some Themes I’d bought for free with Platinum coins that I’d failed to download.  Thankfully Nintendo have extended the ability to use codes for another week, so I’ve been able to get them.

On 3/31/2023 at 10:40 AM, WackerJr said:

I gave my Wii U to my parents around Christmas and they had the error on start up.  I assumed it was an issue with my console and bought a 2nd hand one to replace it.  Now I hear that the issue is commonplace, which is a little frustrating! Still, at least now I have a working one and Nintendo transferred over my account.

I bought Kokopolo 3D as my final purchase on 3DS. I did realise I had some Themes I’d bought for free with Platinum coins that I’d failed to download.  Thankfully Nintendo have extended the ability to use codes for another week, so I’ve been able to get them.

I'm not sure the issue is as commonplace with Wii U's as people see online but it's worrying nevertheless. The biggest worry for me is the lack of any concern about this from Nintendo. So far they have said nothing about the issue. I bought myself a Raspberry Pi Pico last week just in case something happens to my Wii U's in the future.