NEurope
Helmsly

3DS and Wii U eShop purchases to end March 2023

Some exclusive Natsume games are on sale at the moment:

https://en.psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?platform=3DS&sort=date&page=1

A-Train and the River City games.  Ends on 27/09.

Probably worth mentioning that the new Theathrhythm game is unlikely to support the touchscreen because it's based on the arcade game (thanks to Glen-i for explaining this).  Which means that you shouldn't scratch the DLC for the Curtain Call off your list if you particularly enjoy playing using the touchscreen.

5 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

Probably worth mentioning that the new Theathrhythm game is unlikely to support the touchscreen because it's based on the arcade game (thanks to Glen-i for explaining this).  Which means that you shouldn't scratch the DLC for the Curtain Call off your list if you particularly enjoy playing using the touchscreen.

I'll also add to this that the 4 Bravely Default songs show no current signs of being in said new Theatrhythm PR.

Now, that doesn't mean they won't be in it (2 of the DLC packs are being kept under wraps). But it's worth keeping it in mind when it gets released.

• Like 1

Not related to the eShop, but related to the winding down of services for both consoles: Image Share will be discontinued as of 25th October 2022. 

As of 25 October 2022, it will no longer be possible to use Nintendo 3DS Image Share or Wii U Image Share to post images on Facebook and Twitter.

• It will no longer be possible to share images from Nintendo 3DS systems or Wii U consoles.

• Images and comments already posted to Facebook and Twitter will remain available even after the discontinuation of the service.

• The discontinuation time may be pushed back due to system issues.
We thank you for supporting the Image Share service.

• Like 1

On 23/09/2022 at 11:44 AM, V. Amoleo said:

The Japanese exclusive enhanced version of this is now on sale on the eShop too.  But be aware there is no translation patch as far as I can find.

Story of Seasons Twin Villages+ 1480円

Ends 19/10.

A few more Japanese exclusives on sale on the Japanese eShop this week.

Kunio-kun Nekketsu Complete: Famicom Compilation 600円 No translation patch available but some of the Famicom games should be playable without knowledge of Japanese.

Nekketsu Kōha Kunio-kun Special 100円 No translation patch available. A remake of Nekketsu Renegade Kunio-kun.

Downtown Nekketsu Jidaigeki 500円 No translation patch available.  I'd say this one is pretty much unplayable without knowledge of Japanese.

BlazBlue: Clone Phantasma 100円 No translation patch available.  This was released in English, but only in America.  BlazBlue Contiuum Shift II is also available for 100円, but had a worldwide release.

Jake Hunter Rondo of Revenge 500円 No translation patch available.  This is a visual novel type game and would be impossible without knowledge of Japanese.

Stardust Amazoness 500円 No translation patch available.  Looks like an RPG in the vein of games like Senran Kagura.  I think it would need a knowledge of Japanese to play.

Ends 07/11.

Edited by V. Amoleo
  • Thanks 1

A few Atlus games are back on sale, possibly for the final time.

• Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth £3.59
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers £3.59
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker £3.49
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan £3.59
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl £3.59
  • Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight £3.49
  • Culdcept Revolt £3.99
  • RPG Maker Fes £3.99
  • Stella Glow £3.49

The end of the 3DS eShop approaches, and when that happens, I'll have to purchase every game and DLC on my wishlist.

Before I do, I have a question: is the DLC in Shin Megami Tensei IV (and Apocalypse) worthwhile in any form? Like, I think they're just items and equipment?

Incidentally, if anybody has any questions about Fire Emblem DLC, feel free to ask. I'm well informed on the DLC of all 3 games.

1 hour ago, Jonnas said:

Before I do, I have a question: is the DLC in Shin Megami Tensei IV (and Apocalypse) worthwhile in any form? Like, I think they're just items and equipment?

There's a few that get you extra demons, and one in Apocalypse which houses a ridiculously hard superboss. But you can mostly skip out on it.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

There's a few that get you extra demons, and one in Apocalypse which houses a ridiculously hard superboss. But you can mostly skip out on it.

Is that "Messiahs in the Diamond Realm"? Looks to be cheap, might take it, especially considering the main appeal of the series.

Also, is there something on the main quest that needs to be done before I'm allowed to purchase things? Like in Fates, where you can only access DLC after Chapter 7?

2 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Is that "Messiahs in the Diamond Realm"? Looks to be cheap, might take it, especially considering the main appeal of the series.

Yeah, that's it. It's the only one I thought was worth it in Apocalypse. I never touched the DLC in the first SMT IV, so I can't help you there.

I can't remember if you have to get to a certain point in the game to play the DLC, but I don't remember it being very late at all. That said, the DLC that aren't there for grinding purposes are all designed with late game parties in mind, so I wouldn't recommend doing it early at all.

On 31/12/2022 at 4:31 PM, Glen-i said:

Yeah, that's it. It's the only one I thought was worth it in Apocalypse. I never touched the DLC in the first SMT IV, so I can't help you there.

I can't remember if you have to get to a certain point in the game to play the DLC, but I don't remember it being very late at all. That said, the DLC that aren't there for grinding purposes are all designed with late game parties in mind, so I wouldn't recommend doing it early at all.

I remembered @V. Amoleo Google sheet from earlier in the thread, and I checked: no playtime required before getting to purchase the DLC (I asked because I wanted to buy it before the deadline).

On a similar note, any recommended DLC for Radiant Historia?

9 hours ago, Jonnas said:

On a similar note, any recommended DLC for Radiant Historia?

The original art style for character portraits is one I got. Incredibly skeevy that it's locked behind a paywall, but I just don't like the redone ones. The DS portraits have this cool rustic charm to it that helps it stand out.

Unfortunately, it's not consistent throughout, as the 3DS introduces some new characters, which still use the newer artstyle, even if you got the DLC, which is a little jarring once you start playing the new content.

EDIT: I just booted it up to confirm this, it also doesn't apply them to the menus. No idea why, but keep that in mind. Still, anything to reduce the amount I have to gaze in horror at how much they butchered Eruca.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

The original art style for character portraits is one I got. Incredibly skeevy that it's locked behind a paywall, but I just don't like the redone ones. The DS portraits have this cool rustic charm to it that helps it stand out.

Unfortunately, it's not consistent throughout, as the 3DS introduces some new characters, which still use the newer artstyle, even if you got the DLC, which is a little jarring once you start playing the new content.

EDIT: I just booted it up to confirm this, it also doesn't apply them to the menus. No idea why, but keep that in mind. Still, anything to reduce the amount I have to gaze in horror at how much they butchered Eruca.

Nice tip. I'm checking comparisons, and which art style is better seems to depend on the character. I remember when I played the demo, Raynie had a ridiculous chest (as in, the proportions and perspective were laughable), but in the older art style she looks much better. Meanwhile, Stocke seems to look much better in the newer portraits. There's also an evil-looking bloke in red armour who looks much better in the older style. If Eruca is the blonde princess, then she just looks like a completely new character in the newer one (in a vacuum, not better nor worse).

So yeah, I think I'll get that one as well, it'll be interesting to compare them further, especially if the new ones still come up in menus.

So I've read somewhere that you can't use Nintendo Gift Cards in the eShop on the 3DS anymore? (May have been here, I really can't remember). But I'm sure you can't use your bank card either so what would you do?

Sent from my Nokia G10 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

So I've read somewhere that you can't use Nintendo Gift Cards in the eShop on the 3DS anymore? (May have been here, I really can't remember). But I'm sure you can't use your bank card either so what would you do?

Sent from my Nokia G10 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if that's the case, but you can still add funds via an eShop card onto a Switch and it'll also appear on 3DS if you have your accounts linked.

You can also add funds to a 3DS/Wii U with a bank card by following this link: https://ec.nintendo.com/my/balance_add

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jonnas said:

If Eruca is the blonde princess, then she just looks like a completely new character in the newer one (in a vacuum, not better nor worse).

Yeah, that's her. The sprites used in gameplay are the same as the DS game, so it's very odd that she got redesigned so drastically.

That said, the gameplay, thankfully, is untouched, all the new stuff is optional (there's even an option, on starting a new game, to not have any new content show up until after the credits, which is cool if you want to have it play as close to the original as possible), Atlus wisely didn't mess with that, only adding some QoL changes in the menus to make it smoother.

Radiant Historia is my 3rd favourite DS RPG. It's very unique, and the plot's got a cool hook to it with the heavy focus on time travel. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

Just a reminder that there's only two months left until the 3DS and Wii U eshops close forever.  There's also only a month left to buy Fire Emblem Fates.

Anybody's long lists down to a short list yet?  The sales for both the EU and Japan seem to just be rotating now between the same set of games.  So I think it's time to start buying.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

The sales for both the EU and Japan seem to just be rotating now between the same set of games.  So I think it's time to start buying.

Trying not to be the one that blinks first here. I just know the week after I buy anything they'll do a closing-down sale.

• Haha 1

Because I'm too lazy to check; is Pocket Jockey still available? One of those games I've been meaning to try. 

9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Because I'm too lazy to check; is Pocket Jockey still available? One of those games I've been meaning to try. 

It should be, but if you have Apple Arcade it's available on there now as well. With some adaptations to single screen of course.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dufniall said:

It should be, but if you have Apple Arcade it's available on there now as well. With some adaptations to single screen of course.

How dare you suggest I may have an apple product :p 

Yeah seeing that pop up reminded me about it but I'm an android person.

I have a handful of games I'm planning on getting in February. I also should get going and purchase the Fates DLC.