NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Switch Sports

I get the feeling we're all unreasonably hyped for this :D

Play test on 19th Feb - 20th Feb (UK), update in the summer to play football with the Joy-Con on a leg strap, and golf is coming this autumn. 

• Thanks 1

I wasn't when I saw those ugly Mii replacements.

But then I saw the Ninty staff use their Miis and all was mostly right again.

Odd grab-bag of sports, but I reckon that they'll probably keep adding more as DLC down the line.

Hopefully Namco won't Namco it up too much (thank Christ you can ignore those ugly Mii knockoffs and have the real deal instead!)...

Edited by Dcubed

The Mii's definitely look like weird knock-offs, but the original Mii designs were getting really dated tbf.

The environments look nice.

Hopefully they'll keep the Wii Sports theme tune

Edited by Ronnie

Man this one had me all over the place.

From initially being happy to have a Wii Sports return, to getting very annoyed and upset there was no Golf, to being delighted when they said Golf would be added later in a free update :D

In case you can't tell Golf was my favorite part of the Wii Sports games :)

Interested to see what they charge for this - £30? I was excited when I first saw it but then the choice of sports underwhelmed me a bit - volleyball and badminton a bit similar to tennis really? As nice as it is to have some new sports in it, I would've liked to see a few more Wii Sports/Resort originals in it. Give me dog frisbee!

Well, this was a pleasant surprise. Will probably pick this up to play with my son, he should be able to play it well enough. 

The Mii's definitely look like weird knock-offs, but the original Mii designs were getting really dated tbf.
The environments look nice.
Hopefully they'll keep the Wii Sports theme tune
Just you mentioning it now has the Wii Sports theme in my head.

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'm glad someone else said this as reading people say they're ugly all I could think was "... So are the miis"

I think this may be a purchase for me. I enjoyed the original and with this having online, (it did didn't it) should get more out of it.

Just like the MK8 DLC, I’m flabbergasted by how long this took to become a reality.

Not that I’m particularly interested in it anyway, I mean Wii Sports and Resort were great and all, but it’s another case of been there, got the T-shirt. :heh:

And yeah, the new look “Miis” are absolutely atrocious! :laughing:

Will be interesting to see if other “Wii” series games will be headed to Switch at some point… Do we reckon Nintendo has the balls to do Nintendo Switch Music? :heh: 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Just like the MK8 DLC, I’m flabbergasted by how long this took to become a reality.

They haven't really needed to release either in all this time. Games have been coming out and sales are astronomical. Now maybe after 5 years when hardware sold might start to slow down, this could kick start sales all over again?

Was only just thinking, I think Nintendo might have missed a trick with this to get more Expansion Pass upgrades.

If they had annouced this would be included for the Expansion Pass I would have upgraded there and then.

The Mario Kart DLC has me considering it, but I may just get the DLC on it's own. But if they threw Switch Sports in too I would have jumped.

That said I hope Golf isn't the only free update sport to be added. Would like yo see Archery  and Boxing come back too.

I'm not sure what the point of Badminton is as I assume it would play the same as Tennis?

With it being called Switch Sports, I feel slight vindication that I always go to say Switch Fit and have to immediately correct myself. :blush:

On 10/02/2022 at 1:41 PM, RedShell said:

Will be interesting to see if other “Wii” series games will be headed to Switch at some point… Do we reckon Nintendo has the balls to do Nintendo Switch Music? :heh: 

If only! :hehe: Switch Music would sell absolute gangbusters. Incorporate the ring and leg strap and away we go.

• Haha 1

think I got it to redeem the code and it said it's downloading the software. So I guess I'll get to check it out if I'm home within those 45 minute gaps.

28 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

think I got it to redeem the code and it said it's downloading the software. So I guess I'll get to check it out if I'm home within those 45 minute gaps.

There's no two ways about it. We need you to make your slot and tell us what it's like so plan your weekend accordingly!!

• Haha 1

by downloading and participating in the Nintendo Switch Sports Online Play Test, you agree not to publicly share any details from this online play test, including on your social media channels.

Looks like Nintendo don't want people to talk about it.

1 hour ago, Cube said:

That's okay, on here we're only our metaverse avatars :p

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cube said:

26 minutes ago, Julius said:

That's okay, on here we're only our metaverse avatars :p

*Looks at my profile pic*

Guess chameleons are OK to go then! All registered.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cube said:

What about Lizards? Or Dinosaurs? Whatever Bowser is? 

Anyway we all know everyone on the internet is a robot anyway.....or a cat, so we can all talk about it.

I'm excited to try it out. :bouncy: It's just a shame the Friday session is on at stupid o' clock in the morning. Hopefully i'll be able to play some of the tests that happen on Saturday.