NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Switch Sports

It's a bit annoying how they are marketing this as a free update, as if they're throwing us a bone. While basically they are adding features that should have been in the game in the first place.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Dufniall said:

It's a bit annoying how they are marketing this as a free update, as if they're throwing us a bone. While basically they are adding features that should have been in the game in the first place.

Sadly it has become a worrying trend across Nintendo sports titles. :( I would love to see the numbers of how many players return when these types of updates happen.

Yeah there must be at least some kind of pay-off as they have been doing it since Mario Tennis Aces. But still you wonder what that pay-off is. They already sold their game so why go for this route? Unless it also means a boost in sales again whenever some free content drops. They always get attention on YouTube or Twitter so I guess it's a good hook for the marketing team.

What was the leg strap used for before. I thought it was already used for football matches?

11 minutes ago, Ike said:

What was the leg strap used for before. I thought it was already used for football matches?

I don't think it was used in Switch Sports? Ring Fit uses it though.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I don't think it was used in Switch Sports? Ring Fit uses it though.

71TZ+fe5ZAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71i2hYQEQeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Dufniall said:

Yeah there must be at least some kind of pay-off as they have been doing it since Mario Tennis Aces. But still you wonder what that pay-off is. They already sold their game so why go for this route? Unless it also means a boost in sales again whenever some free content drops. They always get attention on YouTube or Twitter so I guess it's a good hook for the marketing team.

I'd guess it means they can get the game out the door quicker to start making cash back on it quicker. Then like you say, it helps get eyeballs back on it again when they grace us with these generous free updates. 

Nothing whatsoever against free updates, just don't like the "ship the thing and we'll add it later!" starting point they seem to come from. :( 

24 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Nothing whatsoever against free updates, just don't like the "ship the thing and we'll add it later!" starting point they seem to come from. :( 

I'd rather multiplayer games take more of a cue from Smash Bros and it's DLC. Sure, it's paid, but it's justified in my eyes because so much effort goes into it.

It also helps that Smash is a feature rich game at launch. Especially Ultimate. Which is why I'd be OK with a future port. Way too much awesome to leave behind next gen.

@Ike I was sure leg strap use was part of previews and reviews. ::shrug: 

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

I'd rather multiplayer games take more of a cue from Smash Bros and it's DLC. Sure, it's paid, but it's justified in my eyes because so much effort goes into it.

It also helps that Smash is a feature rich game at launch. Especially Ultimate. Which is why I'd be OK with a future port. Way too much awesome to leave behind next gen.

Absolutely. The bolded bit is key. 

4 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

So still no sign of golf being added then?

Wasn't it meant to be September..?

13 hours ago, nekunando said:

Wasn't it meant to be September..?

No idea, Nintendo seem to be very vague lately on DLC releases, just look at Mario Kart. I haven't played Switch Sports since like the first week, and was hoping golf would bring me back into it.

On 24/07/2022 at 11:11 AM, BowserBasher said:

No idea, Nintendo seem to be very vague lately on DLC releases, just look at Mario Kart. I haven't played Switch Sports since like the first week, and was hoping golf would bring me back into it.

I had a game of tennis a few days ago but the entire game is lacking that pulling power to keep drawing me back, especially when I feel like there's so much else to play :hmm:

As soon as I stopped forcing myself to keep chasing the unlockables (which happened pretty early on) then I've barely had reason to look near it.

If Golf is the only addition to come, it's gonna be such a waste!

The announcement of a delay to the golf DLC is the most Wii U era thing Nintendo have done for a while :laughing: 

• Haha 2

I feel like this is way too late. May give it a go to see if they are worth getting a few of us together for a round or two.

I feel like a lot of Nintendo's sports games are quite low-effort these past couple of gens. Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Strikers, Switch Sports etc. Sure they add free content over time in all of them but overall, they could all be so much more. Wii Sports Resort was amazing and while this game looks great graphically, the whole package just doesn't seem to be up to anywhere near the same standard.

nintendoswitchsportsgolfbanner.620x0.webp

Nintendo Switch Sports Golf Update Tees Off Next Week

Now up on the main page.

Original details, and the two-month old Golf reveal trailer.

Still haven't got the game, got a switch sports towel with my platinum points though lol.