NEurope
Julius

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (29th July 2022)

34 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

After 40 minutes of fighting and cutscenes I ended up dying.

What are you doing?
YOU SHOULD'VE GRINDED MORE. :p 

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

What are you doing?
YOU SHOULD'VE GRINDED MORE. :p

I got impatient. :p 

As I said, I'm baffled how it happened. I was tanning the thing and then Noah fell and it was back to the title screen. ::shrug:

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I was tanning the thing

My non-native English speaking is confused. I assume you don't mean you put your ding dong in a sunbed and it's about processing leather? Or some other weird expression? :p 

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I got impatient. :p 

youre-so-weak-weak.gif

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

My non-native English speaking is confused. I assume you don't mean you put your ding dong in a sunbed....

What I do in my own time is none of your business! :p 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What I do in my own time is none of your business! :p 

jake-peralta-jake.gif

• Haha 1

It is done. Kicked its butt this time around. The fight is still stupidly long though and has some annoying mechanics as part of it.

Spoiler

Fd2CgfcacAA3TEa?format=jpg&name=large

Fd2CgfdaAAAfsRU?format=jpg&name=large

Fd2CgfLagAAzTox?format=jpg&name=large

Fd2CqBsaEAAs_zH?format=jpg&name=large

Fd2CqB4aAAEeq3Z?format=jpg&name=large

Fd2CqCPacAAgwo7?format=jpg&name=large

Fantastic game and easily the best of the Xenoblade games. Some of the subjects that are tackled are handled really well and there is a fair bit of emotion to the story. Early on in the game I wasn't keen on some of the cast but the ones I wasn't drawn to really grew on me by the end. Each of them brought something to the table and there was a good back and forth between them all. I'm kinda glad that I watched a recap video before playing this because the game's story made more sense after that refresher.

So, yeah, great game but not enough to top the likes of Elden Ring or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredders Revenge.

• Like 2

Finished Chapter 5 and did the initial fights in chapter 6. Man those were some long cutscenes! But it was an amazing experience with lots of heart in it. 

I'm at level 60 now but might pop those bonus Exp at some point before the final boss fight. 

10 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Finished Chapter 5 and did the initial fights in chapter 6. Man those were some long cutscenes! But it was an amazing experience with lots of heart in it. 

I'm at level 60 now but might pop those bonus Exp at some point before the final boss fight. 

If you are playing on the normal difficulty you'll want to be at least in the mid 70s for the final battle. My levels went from 76 to 87 when I used the bonus exp and I managed the fight quite comfortably.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MindFreak said:

You're right where I am now.

Boy, that sequence was amazing! Quality cutscene action all throughout!

Also a major shout out to the voice cast, they're killing it in this game. So much emotion in their voice, and it sounds so believable! Crazy good acting. Love that they're still embracing the British Isles-focused voice casting. Not too many actors with as thick of an accent as Nia though, but still varied and with great quality.

34 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Also a major shout out to the voice cast, they're killing it in this game. So much emotion in their voice, and it sounds so believable! Crazy good acting. Love that they're still embracing the British Isles-focused voice casting. Not too many actors with as thick of an accent as Nia though, but still varied and with great quality.

You can tell it's British Isles focused by going to the Hero Roster menu and trying to find anyone who wasn't on Casualty.

You're not gonna have much luck.

@Hero of Time I've no idea how you breezed past Chapter 6 so quickly. I'm still on it. I think I've come across more side quests in this chapter than in Chapter 3...which seemed to take me forever to get past.

I've now got all Heroes unlocked, I've done ascension quests for all but 2 of the main party and I think just 4 Heroes left for their ascension quests.

I think however after the next side quest I have left in my list to do that may be the last one and I can then continue the story...assuming completing this side quest doesn't cause another question mark to appear :p 

17 hours ago, Mokong said:

I've now got all Heroes unlocked, I've done ascension quests for all but 2 of the main party and I think just 4 Heroes left for their ascension quests.

I'm doing this as well. Still missing a couple of heroes, though. Currently doing Lanz' ascension quest (if I'm not distracted by things I spot on the map). However, I think I'm going to need a guide to find the remaining quests as I don't want to wander about just to find those quests.

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

I'm doing this as well. Still missing a couple of heroes, though. Currently doing Lanz' ascension quest (if I'm not distracted by things I spot on the map). However, I think I'm going to need a guide to find the remaining quests as I don't want to wander about just to find those quests.

Go to settings, then Hero Roster, then select a character.

You're welcome.

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Go to settings, then Hero Roster, then select a character.

You're welcome.

:o 

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

:o 

I had the same reaction, when he told me last week.

On 10/10/2022 at 8:37 PM, Mokong said:

I had the same reaction, when he told me last week.

Excuse me, what??? This makes it way easier! Also I'm in the same boat as you, doing loads of side quests while in chapter 6. Some of them are really good! And i just got Ino, the new DLC hero. Pretty cool character :D

3 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

And i just got Ino, the new DLC hero. Pretty cool character :D

Much like the Xenoblade 2 character she's based on, Ino has the potential to be one of the most effective heroes. Which makes it such a shame that she struggles with holding aggro so much. If one of the main six has an aggro building Defender setup, she just can't keep up, which is a problem when her main shtick is getting stronger each time she revives.

But those Inoswap stat boosts are so handy for a character you can't change the equipment of! A real dilemma!

So.. The CE was available, for 2 days at most? I saw the e-mail at work, but fell a sleep early that day so didn't take a look.Next day the site was down. The day after.. it wasn't available anymore.

I've got the CE for 1 and 2, so now I'm missing out on the 3rd because Nintendo doesn't have its shit together? I'm pissed.

17 hours ago, Sméagol said:

So.. The CE was available, for 2 days at most? I saw the e-mail at work, but fell a sleep early that day so didn't take a look.Next day the site was down. The day after.. it wasn't available anymore.

I've got the CE for 1 and 2, so now I'm missing out on the 3rd because Nintendo doesn't have its shit together? I'm pissed.

I'm not wanting it myself but I have been tracking the conversation around the product over on Resetera and the whole thing seemed like an absolute mess. When it comes to products like this, I don't see why you can't just register your interest/preorder it, have it one per customer and then make enough to cover the initial orders. Dropping it in the middle of a working day, only for scalpers to bombard the site, take what was there and then crash the thing....ridiculous.

When I got the email that pre-orders were open I clicked the link straight away and had one in my basket but then realised I was on the UK storefront.

When I went to change it to the Irish storefront that is when the whole site went down.... I checked randomly through that day and the next day and it was always down.

Of course when I eventually got to checking again and the site was up again they were sold out :(

I wonder at what time they got the site back up and how long the stock lasted.

Given the delay it had you'd think they would have stocked up more, they better get more in. I need a full collection of Collector Editions for Xenoblade Switch games :p 

Just finished Chapter 6. Did some hero ascension quests but otherwise nothing special in this chapter. It was shorter than the others but still spent quite some time. Was surprised to get the name in the end of the cutscene, though. 

Credits have rolled for me. Ended things at level 87.

Yeah, this is the best Xenoblade and is in the running for my Game of the Year. It gets so much right. The world, the side quests, the battle system, Eunie. It all mixes together to be something real special.

Spoiler

Not gonna lie, felt really badass when the party got split up in the final battle and all the heroes I recruited jumped in to back them up. Felt like my hard work got rewarded there.

Then it got even better when the final phase came around and Melia and Nia finally got stuck in. Cheeky developers "forgot" to have them show up on the class screen, and it really took me by surprise.

Then I busted a gut laughing when mid battle, I heard Melia shout "Starlight Kick! ...Ouch!" Some things never change, huh?

The ending was on point as well, bitter sweet and satisfying... Until the post credits stinger shows Noah back in Xenoblade 1 world and young again. Not sure what the hell happened there. Maybe the last DLC update will go into that, but I'm well confused.

• Like 2