NEurope
Julius

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (29th July 2022)

I'm actually a little annoyed that it's coming out so soon, means I have less time to get to Xenoblade X - I thought I had until September!

Yeah, this year is stacked. It's going to be hard to find the time to do these monstrous games.

What a terrible, messy trailer that is, though. I have no idea what actually happened there.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

ui.jpg

Needs more UI.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

If you've played Xenoblade, you'd know that there's a lot of mechanics at play, which requires a lot of info for the player.

I'm sure the games are great and people obviously love them, it was just an amusing screenshot for me that's all.

For a Xenoblade game that seems pretty standard, most of it will only appear during fights anyway.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Needs more UI.

Even funnier when you consider that it's a lot of auto-attacking!! :laughing: 

(You get used to knowing what to glance at.)

• Haha 1

"A delayed game is eventually good, but I'd also really like to play the new Xenoblade this summer, you know?"
-Shigeru Miyamoto, probably

• Haha 3

I’m assuming this means that Splatoon 3 must’ve been delayed then… Why else would they be pulling XB3 forward so much!?

This is very obviously Splatoon 3’s original release date (both previous titles were summer releases).  Something must’ve gone horribly wrong with that game, and so they’re scrambling to fill the release hole by pulling XB3 forward.

Calling it now.

Collector's Edition confirmed for UK release via My Nintendo Store, you can register your interest now: 

A Collector’s Edition including package artwork from Masatsugu Saito, a full-colour, softcover concept art book with over 250 pages and a steel case for the game card, will be made available exclusively from the My Nintendo Store. 

Edited by Julius

Has anyone considered the 7 for July is a typo and was meant to be 9 for September and nobody copped it till after the trailer went up and now Nintendo and Monolith are just rolling with it haha

• Haha 2

Pre-orders for the Collector's Edition won't begin until late July (?!), you can now register your interest:

4 hours ago, Julius said:

Pre-orders for the Collector's Edition won't begin until late July (?!), you can now register your interest:

The Collector's Edition was delayed in Europe some time ago:

Also, new trailer released!

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

How have they managed to get the game ready early but not the Collectors Edition?

Not much point in me even registering interest for it considering the Nintendo Store UK won't deliver to Ireland either.

Hopefully Smyths or Gamestop here get it and info comes out soon. I've got a standard edition on pre-order already but hoping I can get it changed to a Collectors Edition. Have the CE's for for the previous Xenoblade Switch games, will be annoying to not have a complete set :p 

Also, I am trying really hard to not watch that trailer.... In avoidance mode now to avoid learning too much before release haha. 

Update on pre-orders for the Collector's Edition in Europe:

Due to unforeseen logistical challenges, we are unable to open pre-orders for the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Collector’s Edition before the game launches on July 29th. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

To give customers the flexibility to purchase and enjoy the game at launch, we will now be offering the contents of the Collector’s Edition (soft cover concept art book, steel case and outer box packaging) as a separate purchase at a price that does not include the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 software.

This means you can buy the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 game when it launches on July 29th, and have a chance to pre-order the Collector’s Edition contents on My Nintendo Store later in September.

The English version of the meaty 8 minute overview trailer which Japan got a couple of weeks ago: 

Just a warning that the game has leaked, so watch out for spoilers. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ike said:

Just a warning that the game has leaked, so watch out for spoilers. 

Already? I'm so far behind the times I still need to get spoiled on 2.

Seeing that, I pulled up the Gameinformer review for a squiz. Knowing the first Xenoblade Chronicles, I'd imagine the criticisms are valid. Then I scrolled down just a wee bit too far after the conclusion of the review and saw that the first commenter is calling for the website to die, and demands answers on as to why the Apex Legends guy was given the task of reviewing XC3. The Internet needs to take a chill pill. :blank:

Eurogamer's summary has alarm bells ringing for me, especially the navigating environments part.

Still, the narrative and world designs left much to be desired as critical plot twists are frustratingly obvious, character growth is virtually nonexistent, and navigation in each uninspired environment proves to be a tiring exercise. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is a double-edged sword that needs a bit more sharpening.

Sounds very familiar to how I feel about the first game. Loved the second one though.

Reading more of the summaries and it does seem like Eurogamer is the odd one out. Hmmmmm. Still not sure whether to pick it up on Friday or not. Depends how I get on with Live A Live.

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Reading more of the summaries and it does seem like Eurogamer is the odd one out. Hmmmmm. Still not sure whether to pick it up on Friday or not. Depends how I get on with Live A Live.

Yep rating it essential makes them the outlier... :heh: