NEurope
darksnowman

Mario Strikers: Battle League Football

Fantastic announcement. The inclusion of Pro Clubs has me very excited for some N-E online gaming sessions.

• Like 1

Loved Mario Strikers on the Wii, can't wait for this.

I've always loved the art style of this series (I've never played any of them though)

FLMIdUDWUAMaAg_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mario Strikers had the most arse, unfair AI I've ever played. Just bullshit opponents who would just score whenever they wanted to, especially in the expert tournament.

Hopefully they've toned that down a bit in this one.

Yeah, well. It's my ball, and I'm going home and taking it with me.

Day one purchase for me. Loved the original on Wii and had some great matches with fellow NE'ers back in the day. I'm sure me and @Mokong had an amazing close match once. I think he was winning and I equalised with like a couple seconds left in the match, it went to overtime. He won, but damn it was a great match.

• Like 1

BTW, calling it now.  K-Rool is gonna be making his grand return as a playable character, and only he gets to have Kremling goalies; that's the only reason why Kritter is no longer the default goalie.

His half-stage will be Kremling Island from DK64, and DK's will be DK Island.  When K-Rool wins a match against DK specifically, he'll get a special unique animation where a giant lazer shoots out of the Kremling Island's mouth and destroys the DK Island side of the pitch.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dcubed said:

BTW, calling it now.  K-Rool is gonna be making his grand return as a playable character, and only he gets to have Kremling goalies; that's the only reason why Kritter is no longer the default goalie.

His half-stage will be Kremling Island from DK64, and DK's will be DK Island.  When K-Rool wins a match against DK specifically, he'll get a special unique animation where a giant lazer shoots out of the Kremling Island's mouth and destroys the DK Island side of the pitch.

He claims he came up with this idea last night with one of his friends, but I remain suspicious that he just stole it off me when I mentioned it before having a nap...

That said, I'll be shocked if K.Rool doesn't show up, he's garnered quite a bit of renewed popularity thanks to Smash and he would fit beautifully with the Strikers aesthetic of "Everyone is psychotic and angry"

Just make his bloodshot eye 50% more bloodshot for this game and you're golden!

11 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Day one purchase for me. Loved the original on Wii and had some great matches with fellow NE'ers back in the day. I'm sure me and @Mokong had an amazing close match once. I think he was winning and I equalised with like a couple seconds left in the match, it went to overtime. He won, but damn it was a great match.

I think I might remember that. Think didn't we have a N-E League night, it was probably a match during one of those sessions. :)

12 hours ago, Mokong said:

I think I might remember that. Think didn't we have a N-E League night, it was probably a match during one of those sessions. :)

Yes it was during a league night match. Such a great match.

With the added team thing in this new one I can see us getting a few together to take on the world,

• Like 1

On 10/02/2022 at 8:32 AM, bob said:

Mario Strikers had the most arse, unfair AI I've ever played. Just bullshit opponents who would just score whenever they wanted to, especially in the expert tournament.

Hopefully they've toned that down a bit in this one.

TRACK BACK BOB!! TRACK BACK!!!
CPU scores another tap in.
bob rage quits. Again.

On 10/02/2022 at 10:58 AM, BowserBasher said:

:confused: 

On 10/02/2022 at 12:54 PM, Dcubed said:

I welcome them calling upon anything from the King, Kaptain or Baron's storied past but I draw the line at the Mobile Island Fortress or anything from DK 64. No need. :shakehead 

• Haha 1

A listing on the Australian classification database concerning Mario and co.'s upcoming football frenzy has listed Next Level Games as the game's developer. Meanwhile, Nintendo is listed as its publisher.

In addition to this, the listing clarifies the game's rating as PG, as it includes some "Mild Violence".

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-22-mario-strikers-battle-league-development-is-being-helmed-by-next-level-games
https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/mario-strikers-battle-league-football

Next Level Games confirmed as the developer of this third Mario Strikers instalment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, darksnowman said:

the listing clarifies the game's rating as PG, as it includes some "Mild Violence".

But will it have the best celebration ever.....

W6oNW.gif

53 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

But will it have the best celebration ever.....

W6oNW.gif

Boo's attempt to copy Waluigi never fails to make me laugh. Someone animated that.

There's no way in hell it's carrying over to this game.

"The inspiration for that came from the shape. Even though it's a 'V' we thought it was a representation of part of the 'W', so that's his sort of way of connecting into his first initial.

"Waluigi, we kind of depicted him as being... a bit edgier than Wario.

"Wario is kind of on the nose in terms of being a bad guy. With Waluigi, we wanted to explore him a bit more."

This is not to say that Inglehart assumed that this crotch chop would make it to the final cut. However, no one at Nintendo "batted an eye" so the team just decided never to bring it up as they wanted to keep it in there.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-03-17-the-reason-behind-waluigis-infamous-mario-strikers-crotch-centric-celebration

No one ever interpreted it as anything other than half a W...
:indeed: 

• Haha 2

Worth noting that the full interview is coming out later (was holding out on posting it until the full interview gets released...)

But yes, it's absolutely incredible that they got away with it not once, but twice!

I can't see any way they get away with it a 3rd time though unfortunately.

Was thinking of getting this one digital as figured would be a handy one to just have ready on the console at all times. But can get physical 10 euro cheaper on pre-order than on yhe eShop.

You would think it should be the other way round.

19 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Was thinking of getting this one digital as figured would be a handy one to just have ready on the console at all times. But can get physical 10 euro cheaper on pre-order than on yhe eShop.

Are you new here? 😋

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mokong said:

I got it physically but I'm hopefully giving it to my brother next time I see him and I'll download it instead.

I just know that I'll be more likely to play it regularly if I don't have to go switch cartridges!

26 minutes ago, Mokong said:

You shouldn't be buying 1st party eShop games without getting them using NSO vouchers.  They effectively reduce the price of £50 games to £42 (and you get Gold Coins on top of that too which can be put towards future releases, essentially 5% cashback on every purchase); so you save quite a bit over time.

Unless it's a budget price release (ALA Nintendo Switch Sports or Miitopia), you should buy all your 1st party eShop games using NSO vouchers.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Ah I forgot about those vouchers, butI rarely buy games digital unless unless there is only a digital option.

The only other game I have digital that is also physical is Splatoon 2.

You really need to be getting two games to get the worth of those vouchers. Every other game cominv that I play to get will be physical.

31 minutes ago, Mokong said:

Ah I forgot about those vouchers, butI rarely buy games digital unless unless there is only a digital option.

The only other game I have digital that is also physical is Splatoon 2.

You really need to be getting two games to get the worth of those vouchers. Every other game cominv that I play to get will be physical.

Fair enough, though the NSO vouchers are valid for 1 year; so you could always just use the second voucher at a later date (Use it on Splatoon 3?)

• Like 1