NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo Direct : 09 / 02 / 22 (10pm UK time)

Nice game by game summary there, @Sméagol. I was worried you'd keep us waiting until the eve of the next Direct before getting around to that. :p 

** Drop whatever you are doing and play Chrono Trigger!! **

On 12/02/2022 at 3:29 AM, Sméagol said:
  • LIVE A LIVE (22-07-2022) - Maybe - Never heard of it. Again, there's plenty of choice in RPGs, so not sure why I should bother. That said, Story sounds cool.

You're about the only person who's admitting not to have heard of it so kudos for the honesty! I'd seen it named on wishlists people posted of RPGs they wanted brought to GBA and DS but hopes and dreams on that front seemed to have dimmed since then. 

Hadn't seen LOOP8. Looks like it could be worth keeping an eye on. And that live-action mystery adventure game is a nice throwback. :cool: 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

You're about the only person who's admitting not to have heard of it so kudos for the honesty!

A couple of songs from Live A Live are in Theatrhythm Curtain Call. That's where I first heard of it.

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

You're about the only person who's admitting not to have heard of it so kudos for the honesty

I'd never heard of this either. But if it's games that have only been released on non Nintendo consoles and are not big names, I rarely take notice. I have only ever owned Nintendo consoles are not cared for the others.

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

You're about the only person who's admitting not to have heard of it so kudos for the honesty!

I first heard about it in this SNES Drunk video a few years back.

Every time I really start to get into a new hobby, I go hard on a research phase at some point, looking up lists, listening to podcasts, and reading up on a lot of things... probably too many things :p

Edited by Julius

I first heard of Live a Live when looking up Japanese-only titles for the SNES. I was super into romhacks a long time ago, which is why the fan translation for that game came up.

13 hours ago, darksnowman said:

** Drop whatever you are doing and play Chrono Trigger!! **

Would that it were so simple.

My CRT TV broke some time ago, and

5 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Looks like he's made an early start on the Spring cleaning!

I actually did! A lot of stuff is in boxes right now, including Wii stuff, which is what I can play Chrono Trigger on, so at the moment there's no practical way for me to play the game. Though it's not exactly a priority!

13 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Well if I got kudos every time I haven't heard of something then.. wait what are kudos, can I eat them?

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

Yeah? Well I'm real oldschool.  I first heard about Live A Live in Super Play magazine! Always knew it as one of the holy SNES trinity that got away... (Seiken Densetsu 3, Final Fantasy 5, Live A Live).

So nerr.

Edited by Dcubed

My uncle that works at Nintendo told me about it.

I've not heard of it before.

I've never heard about it either but it's not a competition. Live a(nd let) live

• Thanks 1

Of course, I know everyone here is well clued up on this stuff. :p (Too late for @BowserBasher and @Ashley to nonchalantly flop onto the bandwagon with @Sméagol now!)

All I know is it's a beloved SNES RPG that didn't make it out of Japan. :peace: Like I said, I just remembered Live A Live being pined for when the GBA and DS hit their form as 16-bit RPG machines and then it's been radio silence since. I, at least, don't remember noticing people crying out for it to be brought over in a Wii Hanabi Festival or anything like that. Then last week when I was perusing some Direct comments sections on the wider reaches of the Internet it was as if everyone and their dog were lifelong diehard fans with encyclopedic knowledge of it. :blank: 

On 13/02/2022 at 9:54 PM, Sméagol said:

Well if I got kudos every time I haven't heard of something then.. wait what are kudos, can I eat them?

In a bowl with milk. They are good at any time of the day.

• Thanks 1

The direct last Wednesday was so good I bought a Switch 5 days later after holding off for nearly 5 years.

I've always said Mario Kart 9 would make me buy a switch, the significant DLC announced was enough for me and confirmation MK9 is being saved for the successor to the Switch.

Feels like the announcement of Nintendo Switch Sports has gone under the radar a bit though which is surprising given the impact the original Wii Sports had as well as Resort.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I suspect that might be in part because waggle controls has lost its lustre a bit. I'm sure it'll still do well but I don't think there's the buzz about it the same way there used to be. Who knows, maybe once it's out. 

@Sméagol The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story got review scores of 8/9/8/8 in Famitsu so it seems to have turned out to be pretty decent!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

@Sméagol The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story got review scores of 8/9/8/8 in Famitsu so it seems to have turned out to be pretty decent!

Nice. I haven't been following releases lately, but I saw it pop up somewhere recently. It's coming out tomorrow right? As it's probably not much affected by drift, I may actually just get it.