NEurope
Mokong

N-Europe turns 24!

Might as well just bump this thread :) - Admin: nope, split it instead 

N-E is 24 years old today!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That means you have a year to prepare a big party for the big 25th anniversary!

I haven't been here 24 years but holy shit.

• Thanks 1

I don't think anyone has actually been here the whole time although there's a few of us who have been here for a fair old while!

• Thanks 1

emperors-new-groove-happybirthday.gif

In September, I'll have been here 17 years. I joined shortly before the US release of Pokémon Diamond on Pearl.

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday us!

I joined in October of 2006, so 15+ years, I can't remember what brought me here or how I found it but it's been fun. I don't post a lot in many of the forums so I seems to be upping that a bit. But because of this site I have made some good gaming friends and get to enjoy some great nights of gaming with a bunch of you.

• Thanks 1

I can't remember whether I joined the forum or started on the site first but I do recall I started on the site a few weeks before the release of Super Mario Sunshine and just had a look that would make it 20 years sometime in September 😱

Still younger than me!

I remember I found this website back in the Cube-Europe days (2004-2005), but only started to post around 2006. My first post was an opinion on Twilight Princess. And it's just been the coolest place since.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1

I think I started posting in the Cube Europe days around 2002. I was Gizmo originally but that name got nabbed when the forum transitioned so decided to just go with my real name.

Was just looking back at some of the oldest threads still available and there are some pretty interesting things being discussed. Quite fun to have a bit of a read-through.

I’m trying to make an effort to post here pretty regularly but life gets in the way a lot nowadays. Even though we’ve become a bit of a smaller group now this still feels like my ‘home’ on the internet. Here’s to many more years!

• Thanks 1

Cheers Ash for splitting it out into a new thread :)

If I recall correctly I first discovered Cube-Europe, the day after the sites 3rd birthday which was just after it changed from N64-Europe to Cube-Europe I think.

I remember I was trying to find info on a release date for the Gamecube typing in "Gamecube Europe release" into Google C-E was one of the top results, I actually thought it was an official Nintendo site for the first few weeks too :p

neuropeturnstwentyfourbanner.620x0.webp

N-Europe Turns Twenty-Four

Five days after the date, with a repurposed banner from two years ago, but it's up on the main page. :smile:

Some ramblings, observations and gratitude for this site, forum and everyone who has made it all possible.

There's some Nintendo game related talk, especially as this site started with the N64, and the platform has renewed interest thanks to Nintendo Switch Online.

At least we have (almost) a year to potentially prepare for the next anniversary. :peace:

Thanks, everyone. And all the best for the year ahead.

• Like 4

I've definitely been around long enough that I rememer being N64-Europe.

Unfortunately my memory's a bit foggy overall, so I don't remember much in between. If there are any dots people can join I'd love to read them.

There are a lot of names I haven't forgotten though, and I wonder where those people ended up.

I used to enjoy making signatures and wallpapers and sharing them on the old "Creative" board. Back then we would regularly have best signature and avatar competitions - I eventually became a mod of that board. I honestly don't remember how I went from that position to taking on the responsibility of rebuilding and hosting the site, but it happened somewhere along the way. It's kind of a dream of mine to give the site another design, but inspiration's never quite hit right.

I did actually recently replatform the site though, which opens up a lot of possibilities. I could now quite easily rapidly develop new sections and functionality for the site. Ashley and I had a good idea for what to start with, so keep an eye out for that :)

Happy to see the old faces of those who still pop in, and the enthusiasm of those old and new that still love Nintendo and gaming in general.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1