NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

The 2022 Events Thread: To E3 or Not-E3, Keighley propaganda, Gamescom and more

46 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I haven’t really been keeping up with gaming news lately, but it’s still going to feel weird if Nintendo don’t have some kind of showcase planned this month. :hmm: 

To be honest though, at the moment I’m most looking forward to the Microsoft event (now there’s something I wouldn’t have said a few years ago! :heh:) especially as I’m back on Game Pass and absolutely loving xCloud. :D 

Good to see you posting again. :heart:

What games have you got your eye on that are featured on Game Pass? 

Everyone GIFs | Tenor

? :p 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Julius said:

My final glimmer of hope that we do get something, really, comes from me speculating that, if when dealing with the ESA, Nintendo had to announce their event at least X days prior to the beginning of E3 or their event (i.e. legally obliged due to contracts). With E3 cancelled for the second time this year, I wonder if they can now just treat it like a typical Direct; so, if we're getting it next Tuesday, maybe it's not announced until this Thursday or Friday, as they're under no real obligation to do so any earlier? 

Let me just hold onto this hope so that I can be crushed by disappointment :p

Could be that there's a last-minute announcement coming of a Direct + Treehouse in the usual slots but personally, I'll be happy enough if Nintendo gives this Summer Games Fest fiasco a wide berth and put out a mid-year Direct at some other time when SGF is caught unawares and can't piggyback off it. Hardly think they'd take the hump over Silksong. :p 

If Nintendo opts to do smaller and more frequent news reveals and updates, that might be cool too. No reason why they shouldn't experiment a bit with E3 not happening.

We all know they're apt to Tweet out a trailer at any moment for a never-seen-before game that's set to release in three weeks or something. Nintendo is a bit of a loose cannon. :hehe: 

The leaks seem to be getting worse, feels like there's almost no surprises any more. It's really sad tbh. Social media has kind of taken over the world and everyone wants their moment of fame.

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

The leaks seem to be getting worse, feels like there's almost no surprises any more. It's really sad tbh. Social media has kind of taken over the world and everyone wants their moment of fame.

You mean PT with the serial numbers filed off?

Nice get for Xbox if true.

Edited by Dcubed

19 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Good to see you posting again. :heart:

What games have you got your eye on that are featured on Game Pass? 

Everyone GIFs | Tenor

? :p 

Hehehe! :laughing: Yeah, the choice is just ridiculously overwhelming. So right now I'm jumping between several "smallish" games:

Nobody Saves the World
Pac-Man Museum+
Vampire Survivors
Tunic
Spelunky 2
Dead Cells

And previously (since my last post in the gaming diary thread on here) I've played through:

Exo One
Hades
Halo Infinite
Mortal Kombat 11
Hitman III (also played 1 & 2 via this as well)
Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master
Trek to Yomi

And outside of Game Pass:

Tomb Raider Game of the Year Edition
Resident Evil 4 HD Project
The Typing of the Dead: Overkill
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Neon Abyss

As for what else I've got my eye on, will probably check out some of the post-Nintendo Rare stuff that I never got the chance to play back in the day and which is now available to me via xCloud. Also considering Assassins Creed Origins, which has just gone up. I've not had much luck with that series before but get the feeling the ancient Egyptian setting might help. :hehe:

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Hehehe! :laughing: Yeah, the choice is just ridiculously overwhelming. So right now I'm jumping between several "smallish" games:

Nobody Saves the World
Pac-Man Museum+
Vampire Survivors
Tunic
Spelunky 2
Dead Cells

I've been meaning to pick this up. I love DrinkBox Studios and i've heard nothing but good things about this.

I'm looking forward to playing Tunic when it hits the PS ecosystem. The game just looks so charming.

26 minutes ago, RedShell said:

And previously (since my last post in the gaming diary thread on here) I've played through:
Hades
Halo Infinite
Hitman III (also played 1 & 2 via this as well)

I played through Hades earlier in the year and really enjoyed it which is strange considering I'm not big on Rouge-like games.

How did you find Halo Infinite? I used to be a huge Halo fan and was contemplating picking up a Series S or X to play it but reception from fans who were burned by 4 and 5 (much like myself) didn't really care for it.

I've been really tempted to pick up the Hitman Trilogy for the PS4. I watched a Dunkey video for Hitman 3 the other day and couldn't stop laughing at what he was getting up to in the game. They look really fun to play, especially with all the different ways you can complete missions.

The Microsoft store has leaked the list of the next wave from Capcom's Arcade line up. I assume this was going to be announced at Capcom's show.

Spoiler

List of games in Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium

• 1943 Kai
  • Black Tiger
  • Block Block
  • Capcom Sports Club
  • Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
  • Eco Fighters
  • Gan Sumoku (GunSmoke)
  • Hissatsu Buraiken (Avengers)
  • Hyper Dyne Side Arms
  • Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
  • Knights of the Round
  • Last Duel
  • Magic Sword
  • Mega Man: The Power Battle
  • Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
  • Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
  • Pnickies
  • Rally 2011 LED Storm
  • Saturday Night Slam Masters
  • Savage Bees (Exed Exes)
  • SonSon
  • Street Fighter
  • Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • The King of Dragons
  • The Speed Rumbler (Rush & Crash)
  • Three Wonders
  • Tiger Road
  • Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've been meaning to pick this up. I love DrinkBox Studios and i've heard nothing but good things about this.

I'm looking forward to playing Tunic when it hits the PS ecosystem. The game just looks so charming.

Only put a couple of hours into Nobody Saves the World so far, but yeah, it definitely appears to be another great Drinkbox Studios title. ;) It certainly has their signature style to it, and the gameplay gets nicely mixed up by having to switch characters/abilities regularly. The map seems like it'll end up being pretty large, and there's lots of stuff to unlock and level up.

Tunic is nice, especially when it comes to the game's presentation. I love the old-school Zelda vibe, especially the gorgeous hand drawn manual that you gradually obtain as you progress. :love: It's all very obscure and cryptic though, which can be frustrating. To be honest I think I might restart my playthrough, as I began quite a while ago and returning to it now I feel pretty lost. :heh:

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I played through Hades earlier in the year and really enjoyed it which is strange considering I'm not big on Rouge-like games.

How did you find Halo Infinite? I used to be a huge Halo fan and was contemplating picking up a Series S or X to play it but reception from fans who were burned by 4 and 5 (much like myself) didn't really care for it.

I've been really tempted to pick up the Hitman Trilogy for the PS4. I watched a Dunkey video for Hitman 3 the other day and couldn't stop laughing at what he was getting up to in the game. They look really fun to play, especially with all the different ways you can complete missions.

Hades is great, yeah. It infuriated me at times, but I'd keep coming back for more until I finally managed to escape. :D

It was back in December, but I do recall enjoying Halo Infinite. Had attempted several times to play the earlier games in the series, but always struggled to stick with them ::shrug: so Infinite is actually the first and only Halo game that I've played through to completion. Wasn't paying much attention to the story (as usual :hehe:) but I did really like the companion character, she was absolutely hilarious in some of the cutscenes. :laughing:
The gameplay eventually got a bit repetitive towards the end of the campaign, but seeing as I was basically new to the series it probably wasn't as bad as it could've been had I played all the previous games. Using the various vehicles in combat was always a laugh and the grapple hook was very cool too. I still play the multiplayer occasionally as well, seeing as it doesn't require a sub to Game Pass.

The Hitman trilogy is awesome. Took me a little while to get into it, due to the stealth based gameplay (I imagine it won't be an issue for you :cool:) but once that had clicked it was a lot of fun. The stealth mechanics (on the default difficulty) actually aren't that aggressive either, meaning it was often possible to botch stuff up and still drop the targets/complete missions. :grin: But yeah, you can set up some truly entertaining moments either by planning or by accident, which is great, there is a huge amount of variety and ways to go about playing the game. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

I think the £1 Game Pass Ultimate deal is still running, and the game is definitely still available on GP, if you wanted to check it out a bit before picking it up on PS4.

Anyway, I best stop derailing this thread. :p

Have Nintendo announced their "E3" Direct yet? :laughing:

• Thanks 2

Apparently these two games won't be showing up at the Xbox show.

Spoiler

Fable and Perfect Dark

Not surprising, if true. It's been reported a few times that both games have had development issues. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The Microsoft store has leaked the list of the next wave from Capcom's Arcade line up. I assume this was going to be announced at Capcom's show.

Leaked List (Reveal hidden contents)

List of games in Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium

• 1943 Kai
  • Black Tiger
  • Block Block
  • Capcom Sports Club
  • Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
  • Eco Fighters
  • Gan Sumoku (GunSmoke)
  • Hissatsu Buraiken (Avengers)
  • Hyper Dyne Side Arms
  • Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
  • Knights of the Round
  • Last Duel
  • Magic Sword
  • Mega Man: The Power Battle
  • Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
  • Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
  • Pnickies
  • Rally 2011 LED Storm
  • Saturday Night Slam Masters
  • Savage Bees (Exed Exes)
  • SonSon
  • Street Fighter
  • Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • The King of Dragons
  • The Speed Rumbler (Rush & Crash)
  • Three Wonders
  • Tiger Road
  • Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire

This is so dumb.  Why are they doubling up on games that they have already re-released in previous collections for the same damn consoles!? Why bother with the SF Alpha games when they've only just re-released them in the SF Anniversary collections on the same bloody consoles!? It's not even like a SEGA situation, where the western-made Genesis collection was such complete arse that we welcomed higher quality re-releases! The SF Anniversary Collection and Fighting Collections are actually good!

More RE4 Remake to be shown at Capcom's Showcase:

Think that already means they've outdone their showing at last year's event :p

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Well, that show was a waste of two hours. The way Geoff decided to show the games was very strange. It was front loaded with space/horror games, had a ridiculous advert section that featured The Rock and then loads of anime games. The best part of the show was how salty Drukmann was about The Last of Us leaking. He wasn't afraid of having a pop at Sony for allowing it to happen. :D 

Day of the Devs has completely bodied Geoff and Summer Game Fest this year. I want to play pretty much all of these! :D

Do feel sorry for Neil and the team about the TLOU leak, that salt was unreal :laughing: looking forward to Factions at least, sounds like the project has ballooned but in a way they're ready to tackle, which has got to be exciting! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Day of The Devs has already been way better than the main show

That was the case last year too!

I'm not watching live but glad to hear the positive comments, will catch up later

I'm ready to check a look at Devolver Direct in an hour and 14 minutes!

Wonder if that Monkey Island sequel will show up?

Edited by Glen-i

Big lol at the blatant inspiration for the ending sequence there.

Skate Story stuck out to me. No idea how it plays, but it's certainly got a unique look to it.

The Plucky Squire looked cool as well. Gives a Mario Odyssey style 2D merging feel to it.

The Plucky Squire looks INCREDIBLE

Skate Story too, stunning visuals but the gameplay probably isn't for me. 

Thank god for indie/Devolver games because that Summer Game Fest stream was tedious af. Depressing how AAA gaming seems to be getting more samey with each passing year.

24 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The Plucky Squire looks INCREDIBLE

Skate Story too, stunning visuals but the gameplay probably isn't for me. 

Thank god for indie/Devolver games because that Summer Game Fest stream was tedious af. Depressing how AAA gaming seems to be getting more samey with each passing year.

Oh wow! Are you praising Devolver's show!?

That is high praise!

Plucky Squire is coming to Switch, so I'm keeping an eye on that.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh wow! Are you praising Devolver's show!?

That is high praise!

I'm praising their games, I skimmed past their show! Took me 5 minutes to watch instead of 25.

Edited by Ronnie

Ah. Plucky Squire is James Turner's (Until quite recently, Pokémon Artist) new project.

I guess this is what he's been working since Pokémon Sword/Shield. Now I'm even more interested!

Edited by Glen-i

Sign in to follow this