NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

The 2022 Events Thread: To E3 or Not-E3, Keighley propaganda, Gamescom and more

This is one of the more boring series of lineups this show has ever presented. Literally the only thing I thought was unusual was the "Best RPG" category, which contained Elden Ring (shouldn't that be in Action/Adventure?) and then 4 Switch-exclusive games. Also, Triangle Strategy somehow didn't make it to "Best Strategy Game".

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Stray feels like it's really scraping the bottom of the barrel, was it really that good? Felt like no one was talking about it at release.

It feels like that game was everywhere at release. Specifically, the outlets who usually focus on "mainstream" games were giving it a lot more screentime than one would think of an Indie game. Even sites like GameFAQs and Howlongtobeat were featuring it on their front page.

Regardless, I'm always happy to see Indie games get the occasional spotlight, so this was nice.

• Thanks 1

Stray feels like it's really scraping the bottom of the barrel, was it really that good? Felt like no one was talking about it at release.
I can't speak for how good it is, but if we handed out awards for how much people talked about games, then Call of Duty would win every year.

It could be a great game that flew under many people's radar, and still deserves an award.

1 hour ago, bob said:

I can't speak for how good it is, but if we handed out awards for how much people talked about games, then Call of Duty would win every year.

It could be a great game that flew under many people's radar, and still deserves an award.

Not saying we hand out awards for how much buzz a game gets, but I just don't recall people raving about it at the time. Looking on Metacritic it's at 83% so obviously it's great. 

I'm just bitter that Tunic didn't get nominated instead.

I saw a lot of Stray discussion at launch on Twitter, both from within the industry and without. 

Any of you maniacs going to tune in to the "look at me, I'm Geoff Keighley" show?

I'll be watching, will probably regret my decision to do so but I'm usually up late anyway so I might as well check it out. Apparently Keighley said they've tried to make it shorter than previous ceremonies so hopefully it's a bit better paced and doesn't drag on too long - not really expecting much in the way of announcements but there's always a chance something exciting is revealed.

51 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Any of you maniacs going to tune in to the "look at me, I'm Geoff Keighley" show?

Nah, got work in the morning. Plus, it's been absolute garbage the past few years.

Those expecting all these years to be this incredible showpiece full of insane new reveals, will naturally be disappointed. Not sure how anyone can expect this pop up show to be that. Those going in with managed expectations for a few cool trailers will likely enjoy it.

I'm looking forward to the Jedi Survivor gameplay, maybe some Starfield and the Celeste dev team's new game that they've teased a trailer for tonight.

Christopher Judge's speech was something - I love the guy but making poor Al Pacino hang around on stage for so long like a lemon was pretty cruel. Well deserved though, don't blame him for making the most of the moment

Bayonetta: Origins announced - huge departure for the series in terms of artstyle and tone but it looks incredible, out in March!

Quickly browsed through some stuff while making a bottle for Ollie, doesn't seem like anything worth paying attention to.

5 minutes ago, Cube said:

Quickly browsed through some stuff while making a bottle for Ollie, doesn't seem like anything worth paying attention to.

To be fair it's probably been the best Game Awards show they've done, still too many ads and overblown reveals (and not enough time spent on, you know, actually giving out awards) but it's been more enjoyable a watch and they revealed Death Stranding 2, Hades 2 and an unexpected Bayonetta spin off so I've already got more than I expected 

Bloody hell! From Software are finally making something that isn't another reskinned Souls game again!?

OddballSpanishAnteater-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Dcubed

The best announcement for me was Horizon DLC ..until they announced that they're screwing over PS4 players.

Hopefully E3 next year can bring back the old trend of showing off game footage.

Great show, much tighter than previous years. Lots of cool announcements.

Jedi Survivor, Earthblade and the Mario Movie clip were the highlights for me.

Sign in to follow this