NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

The 2022 Events Thread: To E3 or Not-E3, Keighley propaganda, Gamescom and more

Yeah imma need to wait for gameplay on Wo Long but I'm very intrigued

Xbox dipping their toes into the East is good. Dedicated segment now?

Edited by Julius

Playdead's next game can't be far off surely. Inside was 6 years ago!

There's the other big leak. As I mentioned in the Xbox thread, I imagine they will be on other consoles as well. Seems foolish not to put P4G on the Switch.

"Japanese devs are some of the most talented in the world"

It's funny, Japanese developed games tend to stick out like a sore thumb to me, and not in a good way. (Nintendo and a couple others the exception.)

Long rumoured and unfortunately leaked (surprised we didn't see more), but Kojima teaming up with Xbox might be the push I need if exclusive. 

Makes so much sense for him on Game Pass. Just think of what he could do with a guaranteed massive audience doing cool player interaction stuff like Death Stranding! 

Edited by Julius

Disappointed it's Persona 3 Portable. Regular 3 with the P4 updates would have been better. Hopefully there will be a Steam release at some point.

Damn, we've got 15+ minutes left and we're about to dive into Starfield? 

I'm ready. Feed me Todd :D

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

Long rumoured and unfortunately leaked (surprised we didn't see more), but Kojima teaming up with Xbox might be the push I need if exclusive. 

Makes so much sense for him on Game Pass. Just think of what he could do with a guaranteed massive audience doing cool player interaction stuff like Death Stranding! 

With it being Cloud based I doubt i'll bother with it. He was rumoured to be working on a Stadia game. I wonder if it's being reworked for Xbox?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

With it being Cloud based I doubt i'll bother with it. He was rumoured to be working on a Stadia game. I wonder if it's being reworked for Xbox?

I think you're right, imagine it's almost definitely that. So it's weird that we didn't see it. 

I think the size of it will definitely decided for me, but I just want to see how he can pull off some interesting things with that guaranteed audience size of Game Pass and buy-in, just given what P.T. was and how Death Stranding turned out.

I'm imagining something like the dilemma of the bombs and two ships towards the end of The Dark Knight :laughing:

Sign me the fuck up for Starfield, looks incredible. I guess I'm buying a Series X for it.

The space combat/flying looked very rough though, but apart from that :heart: Love the UI especially.

Edited by Ronnie

Highlights

- High on Life. Looks like a lot of fun.

- A Plague Tale: Requiem. Curious how it goes after the first. Hopefully the combat is much better as it was dreadful (making the final chapter of the first awful)

- Flintlock The Siege of Dawn. Looks interesting. Mainly due to magic cat thing.

- The Last Case of Benedict Fox. Looks a bit like a Metroivania

- Starfield. Gameplay looks good. Concerning that they showed no dialogue choice stuff. Also put off by the scale of the game. The bigger it is, the less depth it usually has.

EZA seemed quite down on Starfield but it looked good to me, definitely has me thinking about investing in an Xbox of some kind. Shame we didn't see any of Kojima's game, given the leaks I expected a teaser trailer at the very least but I supposed it might have been a different project. 

Persona on Gamepass is pretty huge, hopefully this opens up the possibility of then coming to Switch too but I won't be holding my breath - Microsoft probably paid Atlus handsomely to get them on Xbox. 

I didn't watch it properly until the last half hour or so but it seemed like a decent show, definitely better than the SGF showcase on Thursday

6 minutes ago, Cube said:

Also put off by the scale of the game. The bigger it is, the less depth it usually has.

Agree, but Todd Howard has said they've been in active development on this game since Fallout 4 shipped back in 2015, so that's 7 or 8 years. Plus all the pre-production they'd done for years beforehand, which he also spoke about.

Edited by Ronnie

Very disappointing show for me, only a few I wanted to play.

Diablo IV I'll be getting regardless but i wasn't exactly blown away. I expect it'll be one I appreciate more when playing.

Persona games. As I mentioned I'm disappointed it's Persona 3 Portable and not a rework of regular 3 with the P4 changes that Portable got. Portable lost a lot of its charm on PSP. Always glad for more people to be able to enjoy Persona though. I expect they'll be timed exclusives as I can't see 3 and 4 not coming to PS5 then probably Steam and Switch later.

Starfield looks good but I hope the base building stuff is mostly optional, hated that in Fallout 4. I missed the end of the video on that, did we get any kind of date?

Very pleased that almost all the stuff they showed was coming out in the next 12 months. I wish more publishers would do that. A lot of gameplay too which is another plus.

For me, I'll happily take:

Lightyear Frontier
As Dusk Falls
Pentiment
Ravenlok
Cocoon
Starfield
and of course, Silksong.

12 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Persona on Gamepass is pretty huge, hopefully this opens up the possibility of then coming to Switch too but I won't be holding my breath - Microsoft probably paid Atlus handsomely to get them on Xbox. 

Apparently the games are coming to Steam, Switch and PlayStation (already has P5R). Probably can't say anything about it yet due to some agreement.

Nothing at the show was really for me and by the end of it I had pretty much tuned out. I've never been a fan of Bethesda's RPG offerings. Both Fallout and Oblivion bored me to tears when I played them back in the 360 days and so Starfield was never going to appeal to me.

• Thanks 1

Very meh showing for me, most of it was "I guess I'll play it anyway if it's on Gamepass".

I will say this about most Xbox showcases; they just don't understand the concept of a megaton announcement in the way Nintendo do 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Quite a few things that caught my attention during the Xbox showcase (more than I was expecting actually :hehe:): 

High on Life
Scorn
Pentiment
Ravenlok
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Also love that Flight Simulator is getting helicopters in November (the Halo aircraft is pretty cool too). Oh- and they're finally letting you save your ship in Sea of Thieves! :heh: Better late that never I guess, and the extra ship customisation is nice. :)

Still not completely sure about Starfield. Sure, it looks amazing, but I also get the feeling it's going to be one of these games that just tries to do way too much and is ultimately a confusing mess. We shall see... :hmm:

But yeah, not a bad show overall I reckon.

Is that it for "E3" now then, or are there any other shows coming up?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Capcom tonight at 23:00, Xbox Games Showcase Extended tomorrow (more things they didn't get to show off last night from what I gather) at 18:00, and Final Fantasy VII's 25th Anniversary stream at 23:00 on Thursday (all times BST), so not much left to go! 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, RedShell said:

As well as what Julius said, there's Nintendo's show which is still scheduled to be aired sometime this month. Rumours have it pegged for the very end of June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Julius said:

Capcom tonight at 23:00, Xbox Games Showcase Extended tomorrow (more things they didn't get to show off last night from what I gather) at 18:00, and Final Fantasy VII's 25th Anniversary stream at 23:00 on Thursday (all times BST), so not much left to go! 

Last year I watched several of the online presentations. Unfortunately for me, Capcom was one of them. Not making that mistake again. :D 

Tomorrow morning I expect to log in and see:

- Resident Evil 2 (64), 3 and Code Veronica are coming to eShop (£40 and 40GB each)
- Resident Evil RPG coming to Switch this Halloween
- Dino Crisis Trilogy coming to eShop (sold individually at full price)
- Breath of Fire HD rereleases coming to eShop with all the mod cons
- New Breath of Fire announced for Switch
- DuckTales coming to Switch
- Piano 4
- Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure HD for Switch with follow-up to follow

Have not been announced.

Perhaps there'll be a trailer for Capcom Fighting Collection. ::shrug: 

Edited by darksnowman
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure!
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Unfortunately for me, Capcom was one of them. Not making that mistake again. :D

I totally get that, last year's presentation was one of the weakest shows in a very weak E3! 

I honestly don't really know what to expect going into this at this point, other than the remake of Resident Evil 4 and Street Fighter 6 being shown off some more. Maybe Village DLC? Would have loved to see the RE classic games come out, but that felt like it should've come last year for the anniversary. 

The only thing I'm really personally hoping to see come out of this is Dragon's Dogma 2. Dragon's Dogma looks right up my alley, but I feel I completely missed the boat when it came out, and a decade on - even with Dark Arisen - I think it's a bit of a tough sell to my friends (especially with one of the biggest obstacles for them with Monster Hunter World being how it could take a while to just dive in), so I'm hoping if we see it, multiplayer has been streamlined to help me sell it to them :D

Sign in to follow this