NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

The 2022 Events Thread: To E3 or Not-E3, Keighley propaganda, Gamescom and more

This is the most violent take on Somewhere Over the Rainbow I think I've lived to hear so far :laughing:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I think probably only a Croc remake could save this stream at this point 😴

Did you ever play the sequel? I know you speak about the original a lot but I don't recall you mentioning the second game.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Did you ever play the sequel? I know you speak about the original a lot but I don't recall you mentioning the second game.

I've barely played the first one 😆 I was just thinking I should put them on something to actually play properly.

• Haha 1

@Julius does your mind also go straight to Brandon Jones when Scorn gets brought up? :D "Odd forms and sober tapestries." 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I think probably only a Croc remake could save this stream at this point 😴

I’m just here for the Golden Eye remaster.

Just now, Ike said:

I’m just here for the Golden Eye remaster.

I completely forgot about that! 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

@Julius does your mind also go straight to Brandon Jones when Scorn gets brought up? :D "Odd forms and sober tapestries." 

Instantly :D

• Haha 1

Minecraft Builders? Looks pretty cosy! 

Not my thing but shocks me they haven't done more with the IP 

Edited by Julius

Although a massive bait and switch with the graphics. Looked lovely then... mobile graphics.

Lightyear Frontier looks comfy as all heck, that wasn't console exclusive right? Might need to keep an eye on that 

EDIT: console launch exclusive. I can be patient :p

Edited by Julius

Lightyear Frontier looks cool.

And a new Minecraft game, gotta agree with you @Julius feels weird they haven't done much with the license apart from this and Dungeons

First I've heard of As Dusk Falls, is it a Detroit Become Human type game? Looks interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

First I've heard of As Dusk Falls, is it a Detroit Become Human type game? Looks interesting. 

If I'm remembering right, I think it was at Xbox's bigger pre-Series launch event in the summer of 2020? It's been a hot minute for sure though. 

EDIT: found it, it was announced at their July event in 2020. Think the purchase of the studio might've also been then too? 

And yeah I thought so, something along the line of choices, but then it showed the branches and it seems to be about the impact of Two Rock on each individual...so maybe just the impact of the one event/idea, but without the choices?

As a trailer I don't think it gave a great idea of what we should expect from gameplay ::shrug:

Edited by Julius

1 minute ago, Julius said:

If I'm remembering right, I think it was at Xbox's bigger pre-Series launch event in the summer of 2020? It's been a hot minute for sure though. 

And I thought so, something along the line of choices, but then it showed the branches and it seems to be about the impact of Two Rock on each individual...so maybe, but without the choices? Don't think it gave a great idea of what we should expect from gameplay ::shrug:

Yeah they could have made the gameplay a bit more clear. Or at all.

• Haha 1

Man, that CGI Necromancer trailer was super generic (that could've been literally anything fantasy) and this is a long segment to focus on Diablo IV. 

Pacing of the show has been thrown out the window now :blank:

Edited by Julius

This Sea of Thieves QoL trailer feels like an insurance or price comparison ad :laughing:

• Haha 1

Jeppe Carlsen was the lead gameplay designer at Playdead, didn't realise he had his own studio now. 

So, that's uh, three Inside-likes spawned from the team spinning off now? Cocoon (this), Jump Ship's Somerville, and Playdead's actual next game. 

It's a good deal so long as they're all great :p

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this