NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

The 2022 Events Thread: To E3 or Not-E3, Keighley propaganda, Gamescom and more

Their showings have been a disaster for the past couple of years so they won't be missed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Their showings have been a disaster for the past couple of years so they won't be missed.

Agreed. Can do without Nintendo :p 

• Haha 2

What's up you fucking nerds? Want something actually WORTH watching and looking forward to and watching in the future's future? Well here you FUCKING go then!

:D

• Like 1

Just now, Dcubed said:

Want something actually WORTH watching and looking forward to and watching in the future's future?

The words you say and the video you posted don't match up. :p 

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The words you say and the video you posted don't match up. :p 

Something must be wrong on your end. I checked a look at that video just fine.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Something must be wrong on your end. I checked a look at that video just fine.

Mine is a Devolver Digital Summer Game Fest video. What are you seeing? :p 

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Mine is a Devolver Digital Summer Game Fest video. What are you seeing? :p 

A countdown to marketing countdown to marketing.

You just don't get it, you're too stuck in the past while we're all in on the future's future past future.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

What's up you fucking nerds? Want something actually WORTH watching and looking forward to and watching in the future's future? Well here you FUCKING go then!

:D

That's the worst thing I've experienced this week.. and I've seen Britain's Got Talent most nights :blank:

Edited by nekunando
  • Haha 1

In other news, Nintendo has stated they won't be present at Gamescom. Instead they'll focus on smaller events throughout Germany.

Big loss for Gamescom, plus I'm not sure if it is a right decision from Nintendo to miss out on the same exposure usually brings, being the biggest physica gaming event in Europe.

Capcom have taken Nintendo’s usual slot with their own show.
Edited by Dcubed

Limited Run had their show last night. Has anyone else watched it? I thought they showed of some pretty cool looking games. The Bill & Ted collection was a deep cut. I had the Gameboy game back when I was a kid.

21 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Limited Run had their show last night. Has anyone else watched it? I thought they showed of some pretty cool looking games. The Bill & Ted collection was a deep cut. I had the Gameboy game back when I was a kid.

Here's the full list of announcements from Limited Run BTW...

A Boy and His Blob: Retro Collection (Switch)

American Hero (Switch standard $34.99 / Collector's $64.99)

BATS: Bloodsucker Anti-Terror Squad (Switch standard $34.99 / Collector's $84.99)

Bill & Ted's Excellent Retro Collection (Switch standard $34.99 / Collector's $59.99)

Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition (Switch standard $34.99)

Blossom Tales 2 (Switch)

Deathwish (Switch)

DoDonPachi Resurrection (Switch)

DOOM Eternal (Switch, $59.99)

Enclave (Switch)

Espgaluda II (Switch)

Frogun (Switch)

Garden Story (Switch)

Glover (Nintendo 64)

Go Go Kokopolo! (Nintendo 3DS, $34.99)

Konami Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection (Switch)

LUNARK (Switch)

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties: Definitive Edition (Switch)

PowerSlave: Exhumed (Switch)

Rendering Ranger R-2 (Switch, Super Nintendo)

River City Girls 2 (Switch)

Shadowrun Trilogy (Switch)

Skelattack (Switch)

Spidersaurs (Switch)

STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II (Switch)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Switch, $34.99)

Tetris® Effect: Connected (Switch, $39.99)

Undermine (PS4, Switch)

Pretty sad that LRG are willing to pay for the 32GB cartridge for Doom Eternal, while Bethesda can't be arsed... But at least it's finally getting a retail release!

Pretty cool to see that Rendering Ranger is finally getting a western release! Was always strange that one remained Japan only when it was made in Germany.

Tetris Effect Connected is also another big get too; as are the Cave shooters!

Edited by Dcubed

I think it's a shame they don't have an EU branch. The cost of their handling and shipping to the UK is almost as much as buying a game.

• Thanks 1

So still no word on a Nintendo show? That's a damn shame. Regardless of the actual quality of the show, I always look forward to it. it's also probably why I'm absolutely not aware of any other shows, because apparently I've totally missed the LRG show (and I probably can't be arsed to watch any other shows).

At first glance that list doesn't contain many interesting titles, but I'll (finally) get Doom at least, and Turtles. On the other hand, I'm kind of bitter I'll have to order a LRG version after pre-ordering a regular version that's cancelled, it won't fit with the other game.

Edited by Sméagol

23 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think it's a shame they don't have an EU branch. The cost of their handling and shipping to the UK is almost as much as buying a game.

Their customer support for damaged stuff is pretty much "too bad" when you're in the UK, too. I got a board game from them and the quality was shockingly bad, with ripped cards and duplicate parts with other stuff missing (the board game itself is also absolutely terrible).

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Just to add that for us folks over here that's gonna be at 11pm UK time.

Resident Evil 2 on the N64 NSO if you please. My body is getting ready.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dcubed said:

ace-attorney-phoenix-wright.gif

This Capcom Showcase is taking place at 15:00 PDT/23:00 BST on Monday, whereas Nintendo's usual E3 Direct/Spotlight/whatever they decide to call it slot has previously been on a Tuesday at 09:00 PDT/17:00 BST for...at least as long I've been on these forums :p

Spoiler

E3 2021:

E3 2019:

E3 2018:

E3 2017:

But anyways, yeah, I don't know how excited I am for this year's Capcom Showcase. Their showing last year was a huge letdown and one of the more pointless E3 conferences I've sat through, but hopefully the difference this year will be the fact that we already know what big projects are on the way from them (Street Fighter 6, Resident Evil 4, etc.), so just focusing on showing more of those games and maybe a reveal or two should make for a solid showing. 

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

Summer Game Fest schedule: Your complete 2022 guide

ALL THE DATES AND LIVE STREAM TIMES FOR EVERY SUMMER GAME FEST PRESENTATION

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/summer-game-fest-schedule/

Just came across this handy looking roundup. Reckon I'll make a note to catch up with the Wholesome Direct as I gave it a look last year and it was games I wanted from start to finish. Probably be better off rewatching last year's to see what's made its way to Switch from that in the last 12 months. :laughing: Otherwise, I'm sure if there's any Switch news from the rest I'll hear about it one way or another. :) 

• Like 2

The lack of Sony and Nintendo on that list makes me sad. Man, I miss the old E3 days. :( 

• Sad 1

Any word on a Day of the Devs presentation? I remember last year's stream being amazing and one of the highlights of not-E3.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo don't have a presentation lined up for this month. They've got so many games announced for the rest of the year I'm not sure they need one? Hopefully though!

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Any word on a Day of the Devs presentation? I remember last year's stream being amazing and one of the highlights of not-E3.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo don't have a presentation lined up for this month. They've got so many games announced for the rest of the year I'm not sure they need one? Hopefully though!

Only thing Nintendo needs is more paper and ink for the money printing printer. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

It's a weird one, and I think it could really go either way. Personally, I hope we get one, simply because I think Nintendo's June presentations have consistently been some of the better summer shows since 2016. 

I think I saw something floating around that Jeff Grubb had heard a few people talking about how Nintendo might have a few smaller things over the next month rather than one big grand event which tells all, and I think that would suit certain games on the horizon which would likely get a solid 5-10 minutes of extended gameplay shown off anyways, like Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or Splatoon 3. Thinking about it, I am kind of surprised that they haven't tried to push for more smaller presentations focused on certain games -- I feel like Treehouse is something which could easily be year-round rather than just in June for E3 (or Not-E3), and I feel like with the right people included, it could get us back to a feeling I know some people miss of getting to know Nintendo higher-ups more as characters and individuals. 

On the other hand, I feel like some smaller titles, like Live-A-Live, could get absolutely buried if not shown off during a big summer Nintendo presentation as one last reminder that that game actually exists. I can't imagine the sales expectations for that game being impossibly high, mind you, it would just be strange if it didn't get one last final push like that. 

I also can't help but wonder if Geoff might've stolen some potentially big titles from under Nintendo's nose. I'm not saying it will happen (as I think it'd be a bad idea with how quiet the game has been for...well, forever), but can you imagine if Silksong was going to get shadow-dropped within the next week, and Geoff secured that for Summer Game Fest rather than having it be part of a Nintendo presentation? Him having a show not entirely focused on one brand could certainly help get more and more developers to subscribe to showing their game at the event, especially with how it's quickly turned into the E3 equivalent of Gamescom's Opening Night Live. 

My final glimmer of hope that we do get something, really, comes from me speculating that, if when dealing with the ESA, Nintendo had to announce their event at least X days prior to the beginning of E3 or their event (i.e. legally obliged due to contracts). With E3 cancelled for the second time this year, I wonder if they can now just treat it like a typical Direct; so, if we're getting it next Tuesday, maybe it's not announced until this Thursday or Friday, as they're under no real obligation to do so any earlier? 

Let me just hold onto this hope so that I can be crushed by disappointment :p

I haven’t really been keeping up with gaming news lately, but it’s still going to feel weird if Nintendo don’t have some kind of showcase planned this month. :hmm: 

To be honest though, at the moment I’m most looking forward to the Microsoft event (now there’s something I wouldn’t have said a few years ago! :heh:) especially as I’m back on Game Pass and absolutely loving xCloud. :D 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this