NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Will Mario Kart 9 release on the Switch?

17 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Ah yes, Mario Kart: Breath of the ....... petrol fumes coming out of the exhaust.

With a twist of item and kart part crafting thrown in because it's the done thing in everything nowadays.

17 hours ago, Ashley said:

Maybe the twist will be all the karts are now electric. 

Imagine the uproar when they debut the trailer and the karts silently zoom and jostle. 

think that just about sums it up.

Based on last night's announcement I think it's fair to say we won't be seeing a new game on the Switch

• Haha 2

It's a good compromise, adding new content to an already amazing game, and potentially being ready to go with a brand new MK on the next system in a few years.

Yeah it's good they're continuing to support MK8, even if it is a little weird its five years later! 

Should the thread title be changed to... "Will Mario Kart 9 be released?" :p

At this point, might as well turn the "8" on its side... "Mario Kart Infinity"

It's a good business move, Mario Kart 8 still sells... lots... and the best thing they could do for it is to add more tracks.

Even if this is a move to recoup losses(?) or investment from Mario Kart Tour, it's clearly worth doing.

Now it's a case of, once all the tracks have been released, by the end of next year?!? Will there be a retail release titled "Mario Kart 8 DX/Plus/Ultimate"?

• Like 1

Well I guess it is now getting ported to Switch in a roundabout way! :D

As for Mario Kart 10? Yeah... we're not getting that until 2025 on Switch 2 at the absolute earliest.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:
Based on last night's announcement I think it's fair to say we won't be seeing a new game on the Switch

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they announced MK9 a month after everyone bought the dlc.

On 1/8/2022 at 2:06 AM, Helmsly said:

but I'd much rather Nintendo released some DLC (I think some new tracks, drivers and karts would be popular even after all this time) for MK8D and release the next Mario Kart for Switch 2.

Since Nintendo are reading my posts and taking notes, I also think the Switch could do with a new Donkey Kong Country game, a Metroid Prime remake and a Star Fox Zero port with good controls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

2 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Since Nintendo are reading my posts and taking notes, I also think the Switch could do with a new Donkey Kong Country game, a Metroid Prime remake and a Star Fox Zero port with good controls.

Do us all a favour and ask for F-Zero please.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this