NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EEVILMURRAY

EEVIL's New Year Resolution Thread!

YES! I've not managed to properly do this for a few years in the past, but I remembered! Which was nice.

So... what promises are you going to make to yourself that you may fail to fulfil!? I shall kick things off...

Get back into the saxophone - I had to cancel my lessons a few years ago because I lost my job and never got properly back into the career game to keep up the investment. Now I know I'm in permanent employment, I've contacted my old sensei who originally seemed interested but has fallen off replying to me. So I may have to source another.

Keep up with ze German - I'm learning German with Duolingo and it's going alright, maybe 2-3rd attempt at learning the language, but this app makes it more fun. Don't want to fall off and it be for nothing.

Additional gains - I've been going to the gym once a week to do some a class on a Monday. I've recently been doing 2 on a Monday as they're one after the other and they're basically the same thing, so it's more reps etc. But I'd like to go a second day and maybe focus on some more machines and maybe some free weights, dependant on gym-bros hogging them all.

Brush more - I know... I only brush once a day most of the time before bed, don't really do it in the morning because I don't have breakfast before I leave the house. I've got a brush/toothpaste in my drawer at work for when I get those uber feels, but it isn't consistent enough, and I can feel the gaps closing in my teeth.

Get through painting backlog/buy less miniatures - I have too much to wade through and I keep buying more, so cleaning my decks of half painted stuff would be nice.

GO!

• Like 1

I have 3 for next year:

1. Get off plague island
  2. Be more confident
  3. Be more selfish

The third one is mostly in regards to my family and is a repeat of 2020's resolution as that was tied to travelling and well...we know how 2020 went.

• Like 2

Similar to EEVIL, I'm planning on brushing up on and improving my Spanish via Duolingo. I also plan to drink less and read more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FalcoLombardi said:

Similar to EEVIL, I'm planning on brushing up on and improving my Spanish via Duolingo. I also plan to drink less and read more.

Oh yes! I would also like to cut down on the beer, I don't think I could drink less properly, so might as well drink something more slimming

• Like 1

• Kill myself if Corona policy is still keeping me from enjoying anything (too dark?)
  • Do more sports. With the swimmingpools being closed, I've been forced to look for alternatives (that I'd actually enjoy). I've decided to take on climbing next year, starting with bouldering as that is the easiest to get into. Looking into it now, the options in the neighbourhood are pretty staggering, with 4 boulderhall pretty closeby, 2 climbinghalls a little bit further (with the biggest of our country being one of them), and a free public outdoor bouloderwall practically around the corner. After the lockdown I'll buy some climbingshoes.
  • Play more games.
  • Go to the fucking cinema every fucking week, whenever a fucking lockdown, a fucking curfew, or a fucking QR code that gets fucking lost isn't making this impossible.
  • Looking above, I should give Duolingo a nother serious shot. I'll start with French and German probably.
  • Get a job.
  • Try to make money with something creative.
  • Do more photography.
  • Go on a fucking holiday, if it's even fucking possible.
  • Cancel Netflix.

Yes I'm a bit frustrated.

• Thanks 1

Some quite major ones for me:

- finish buying a house

- get married (officially, no big ceremony)

- possibly start a family.

I’m gonna go back to my hope from 2 years ago and that’s travel more, even if it’s just around the UK for now. Hoping to try some wild camping down in Dartmoor at some point.

I also want to try and work harder at getting more creative hobbies off the ground. I tend to start them and then just drift away. Latest idea seems to be some kind of tech blog as I like writing and I buy a lot of tech crap :laughing:

As for work, it’s simply getting as far away from my current job as possible. If I can get something in a more creative area then that would be great but at this point I’m pretty much open to anything. Sick of being unhappy with my job and teetering on the verge of depression because of it.

Happy New Year everyone!

In terms of minor goals I hope to read more books this year, I usually try and read one a month but I'd like to try and do more than that this time around.

I've been writing a book for a while which is eating up most of my creative energy so I would like to actually finish it this year - I've done a few drafts but still don't think it's ready yet, hopefully I can get it to a state that I'm happy with over the next few months. 

On a more serious note I hope my mental health improves, it has definitely taken a hit during the pandemic and once again I feel quite far away from being able to get back into work. 

Edited by killthenet

I'm late to the party but screw it, I'm putting this out there to the universe!

I want to pass my Personal Training course, lose at least 2 or 3 stone and try to jog 5K. The last one I used to be able to do very easily but since I've had my foot injury, it's not been so great. However, it's feeling a helluva lot better so I'm going to try and do it in intervals and take it slow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this