NEurope
Glen-i

Show off your Christmas Swag!

Merry Christmas, you N-Erds!

This is the thread for showing off the stuff you got this festive morning! As well your tables/floors/beds. Actually, no. Especially your tables/floors/beds.

I haven't got my stuff yet. Too early. So I'll be back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

862wFPR_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Got a great haul this year, mainly from the new girlfriend. got the remaining sets from the first wave of Mario Lego, so should have all of them now (lucky as they were retiring soon. And lots of other cool little bits and bobs. Love the jumbo Gizmo Funko Pop.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I can't show anything because my phone broke and it's gone crap but I've got a PS5! I can't actually believe I have one now! I'm so happy! It's a Christmas fookin' miracle!

• Like 3

Santa was good to me this year! :D

ufFtrNc.jpg

Not pictured is a RetroUSB AVS... which won't be arriving until 2023 due to chip shortages, bummer.

The Mega Everdrive Pro is timed really really well, considering that I literally just snagged a copy of Lunar: The Silver Star for SEGA CD for the stupidly good price of £65 just a couple of days ago!!! (It normally goes for about £150+ on eBay!!)

Too bad I can't redownload anything onto the Switch OLED yet because the eShop is currently dead lol :laughing:

Guess it's time to play Lunar! :hehe:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 4

Merry Christmas to all of you of N-Europe. I had been getting stuff for the past week from family and friends. Gotta split the post up accordingly. Firstly, the presents I got this time last week from my group of friends who hang out with me after work every other Tuesday. We always meet up the last weekend before Christmas to have a festive meet-up so all presents get opened pretty much at the start.

No photo description available.

Then last night my old Housemate stopped by and dropped off some gifts. As they were in a gift bag, he said I might as well just open them there and then.

May be an image of video games

And finally on the big day, I went round first thing in the morning to spend Christmas with my parents and brothers. My older brother didn't know what to get me so he gave me a card with £20 inside.

269820812_5156055271094879_4501842346987                                       
269744927_5156055427761530_5919399784339

This Christmas arrived so quickly and now it's almost over

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas guys, hope you all had a good day!

My brother's partner tested positive on Xmas Eve so it was another quiet one, it was just me, my parents and my eldest brother. Hopefully we'll get to see everyone else later on next week, it was a shame I didn't get to see my niece's.

I got the usual, plenty of socks and chocolate as well as two games I've been meaning to pick up for a while, Deadly Premonition 2 and Demon's Souls. 

• Like 2

Hope everyone had a good day. I spent it with my family at home and mostly played with my niece and nephew.

Favourite present is obviously the drawing of Spider-Man my niece did for me. Very jealous of her talent!

RMF41iR.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Got a great haul this year, mainly from the new girlfriend.

Looks like she could be worth keeping around for another round of birthday and Christmas gift reception! :santa:

@Emerald Emblem Would you mind posting around here somewhere about the Horipad when you've had the chance to put it through its paces? Curious to know how the buttons, joysticks, d-pad feel.

@Happenstance That is genuinely cool. Treasure it. :cool:  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Looks like she could be worth keeping around for another round of birthday and Christmas gift reception! :santa:

She's a keeper that's for sure and not just for the next round of presents.

There was one present that wasn't in the photo. She had made me a small present herself. she had got one of those deep frames, put in four Lego minifigs of superheroes and my name in the middle. Its such an amazing present and I love that she did it.

@Happenstance if you are not already, let your niece know that that is an amazing piece of art and encourage her to continue drawing. She could easily make something out of her talent.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

@Happenstance if you are not already, let your niece know that that is an amazing piece of art and encourage her to continue drawing. She could easily make something out of her talent.

Yeah we all try to encourage her as much as possible and I’m always the one who gets her art supplies for birthdays etc. I can’t wait to see what she does in the future.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah we all try to encourage her as much as possible and I’m always the one who gets her art supplies for birthdays etc. I can’t wait to see what she does in the future.

That picture is definitely one to frame! Absolutely incredible talent and captured his likeness fantastically!

• Like 1

Haven't photographed everything, as I'm not home yet, but my main things:

PSX-20211225-203441.jpg

PSX-20211225-140359.jpg

Also got a Paloma Faith record, some t shirts, a set of D&D dice and a Gameboy mug.

• Like 4

I was really happy this year because I got pretty much nothing. Usually, it’s a real pain having to find something to do with a load of stuff I don’t actually want but this year I just got a bit of money from my Dad and that’s it. Unfortunately, my son now receives an even bigger pile of crap than I ever did - so the problem continues.

The main thing this year was:

1zLxziK.jpg

And yes, the power drill and hammer in the background were needed to put it together. As someone that usually has no problem constructing things, this was the most ridiculous thing I've ever built - I real mission. Still, he seems to love it so it was all worth it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Belated Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all stayed safe and had a great day :peace:

Christmas and my birthday are back-to-back, so got a neat little pile of books, films and games from them both (EDIT: and also a GameCube controller and Switch adapter which aren't pictured!):

WQb770C_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Not related to gifts, but I've spent the last two weeks practicing my baking skills for the first time in a long time, trying to recreate a chocolate clafoutis I last made around a decade ago (with no access to that recipe, I ended up tweaking another one I found based on taste and feel). On Christmas it meant I could bake them for all my family, and they turned out great!

9i4GJZ0_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Wish I took a picture of the gooey inside, but I was too hungry to wait, so that didn't happen :D

Edited by Julius
Totally forgot about the GameCube controller and adapter
  • Like 5

On 25/12/2021 at 10:26 PM, darksnowman said:

@Emerald Emblem Would you mind posting around here somewhere about the Horipad when you've had the chance to put it through its paces? Curious to know how the buttons, joysticks, d-pad feel.

I haven't used it too much, but from what I can tell, the face buttons, D-pad and Sticks feel like the Pro controller. However, the black buttons almost feel rubbery and in low light you can't make out the symbols on them and I'm not sure if I like them or not, the shoulder buttons seem a little bit bulkier than the Pro controllers but feel good enough. The biggest drawback for me personally is that my hands are quite big, so it doesn't take long for my hands to start cramping after booting the Switch up. But I would imagine for the younger gamer this controller would be ideal for them.

• Thanks 1