NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Indie World Showcase : 15 / 12 / 21 (5pm UK time)

As always curious to see what they show. Sports Story, Silksong, Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, Fall Guys, Windjammers 2, River City Girls Zero are the "bigger" ones I can think of, some of them already confirmed to be delayed to 2022 though. Maybe Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon gets a bit more spotlight although it is out now already.

But most fun comes from the new surprises.

Windjammer 2 just got a January release date so I don't think they'll spend much time on that. 

Looking forward to seeing what they end with this time. Silksong shadow drop? :D

Outer Wilds has to be there if it's going to release before 2022 so there should be at least one shadow drop. Fingers crossed we see something of Silksong but besides that Sports Story and Lienzo's new game I'm struggling to think of anything else off the top of my head. 

There's usually one or two previously announced games but these showcases tend to be mainly for new announcements I think.

I usually enter these with few expectations, just allowing myself the Freedom to appreciate the stuff I'm about to see for what it is. I'll keep an open mind on anything as long as they properly Plan It. Then I can be surprised by any game or Two.

Maybe there's one specific game I'd really like to see, though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Because my brain is foggy the only upcoming game I can think of at all is Kirby and I know that won't be in it so literally everything will be a surprise for me. 

Internet sulking over no Hollow Knight: Silkesong in the trailer.

These things take time I reckon.

Omori coming to Switch is a pretty big announcement to end on, I've heard that game is supposed to be a really good RPG.

The opening game looked amazing, but yet another turn based RPG, so not really my thing.

Sea of Stars and Loco Motive were the ones to impress me the most. Will be looking out for these.

Solid showing. 

The three games I have my eyes on:

Sea of Stars - I remembering seeing this game back around the time it landed on Kickstarter, I remember reading that Yasunori Mitsuda came on board to compose, and I remember that I then heard virtually nothing after that. The Chrono Trigger influence is real, and boy am I here for it. Hope this shows Tokyo RPG Factory how influence is done! But it's still so far away :(

Omori - I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw this pop up late last year in a handful of GOTY 2020 lists, and was immediately intrigued because they hadn't seen anyone really talking about it? I've steered clear of the game since - as apparently it's got a great but easy to spoil story - but have been patiently waiting on this, so yeah. Surprised it wasn't a shadow drop, but I'm happy it wasn't -- got enough games on my plate right now as it is! Spring 2022? Day 1. 

Endling - Extinction is Forever - think we're going to get an increasing number of games and films over the coming years which are going to be screaming at the top of their lungs about climate change, but this looks to be one of them. Very curious about the little they showed of it here, and we don't have to wait long as it's another Spring 2022 title. 

Will 2022 finally be the year Julius plays indie games on his Switch? Stay tuned to find out! :p

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

I was reading up about Chicory yesterday after seeing it appear on some Games of the Year lists, but embarrassingly I hadn’t heard of it.  It’s had some glowing reviews and so I’m interested in this one too & glad to see it heading to Switch.

• Like 1

One of the worst Indie Worlds for me personally, few games appealed to me and a lot of games didn't really trigger my interest. It's good to see River City Girls is getting a sequel, although it looks to be more of the same and I have yet to play the first part. Dungeon Munchies slightly caught my eye because the mechanism looks kind of interesting. Endling looked great but the story and concept just feels to depressing, and I have a feeling they are going to milk that despair to the max in this game. Figment 2 makes me wonder if maybe I should pick up Figment in a big sale, although I wasn't that impressed with the trailer. Sea of Stars looks good, but I'm also not in the market for an RPG.

All in all not a single game that I need to play ASAP, or even have to put on the wishlist, while usually there are at least 2 or 3.

I feel much the same, it was probably the weakest one of these for me personally, it was only really Omori that jumped out at me as a must play. I'll keep an eye on Gerda and Afterlove EP, they both look quite interesting, but otherwise there wasn't anything that seemed tuned to my tastes. 

content-4-36593-indieworld15122021roundupbanner.jpg

Nintendo Indie World 15/12/2021 Presentation Roundup

All up on the main site, N-Europe's Roundup of the presentation.

Full press release and video.

No expectations = no disappointment. ;)

Caught it after the fact. Very little that I'm likely to buy from this, but you never know, and besides, I enjoy seeing what the indies are up to. There is usually more variety on show in these than the normal Directs, which is always cool to see. 

Sign in to follow this