NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

UK Covid booster programme

Supposed to have my booster on Tuesday, but lo and behold my son's PCR test came back positive tonight...

• Sad 2

I had my booster end of October (plus flu jab), felt a bit shit, but not as bad as I did after my second jab, but decided to take time off work to recover.

I had my booster on Tuesday, and felt fine the whole of Wednesday, but this morning i'm feeling a bit rough. Headache, and shivers, with aching neck and shoulder (of the jabbed arm). Weird how delayed the response was...

Had mine on Tuesday. Whole process when I got there was quick and simple, and I was in-and-out in less than 10 minutes.

3rd Pfizer jab and thankfully no side effects at all (I was fortunate not to have any after my initial two as well). My wife had hers recently too, although she felt ill that evening.

Glad to get it done before Christmas.

Had mine a few weeks ago, well mine wasnt a booster but rather a 3rd full vaccine. (high clinical risk people have to get the full dose every time) and i got my flu vaccine at the same time.  I was actually dreading it because i had such a bad bad time with the first vaccine - my glands all exploded within half an hour and i was in agony for a week... but nothing this time! :bouncy:

I am really excited about the anti viral drugs they have now introduced for people who happen to get covid, this is game changing.  Should mean people (hopefully) recover faster, and get them out of hospital beds and home.  I predict that the vaccines on top of effective medication FOR covid will be what ends this once and for all.

I do sitrep reports at work and the numbers are getting worrying again :(

• Like 1

Well I must be very unlucky, I had my covid booster on the 29th (3rd pfizer shot), just a sore arm initially, but then the next day I started developing cold like symptoms, after checking the symptoms of the new Omicron variant I saw some in common (Sneezing, painful headaches and sore throat), just took a lateral flow this morning and it's returned a positive result. Never had covid until now and here we are. Ordered my PCR to confirm it now.

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Like 1

Had my booster on Wednesday and it was ok that evening, but Thursday was awful. Took me about 15 minutes to get up from lying down of the sofa at one point. Awful stuff.

Then I was totally fine on Friday apart from a sore arm. Weird.

Seems like I've had a similar experience to @Emerald Emblem

I've been off work the last two weeks for Christmas, and I knew I had my booster booked for the Tuesday just gone (the 4th), so was careful to not go out to supermarkets, etc., from last weekend to reduce the risk of me passing it onto someone else. 

Tuesday rolls around, get the taxi to the vaccination centre, and the place has less than 10 people on the premises. Awesome. I was in and out with my booster jab within 5 minutes of arriving. Wait around 15 minutes to get a taxi back to my apartment, order some McDonald's breakfast -- same result as the last time I had McDonald's breakfast with a jab, which I did with my first: a tad feverish, so lie down for a few hours after a bit of paracetamol and chugging some water. 

Tuesday night/Wednesday morning was hellish because my sister didn't get home from work at the usual time (she's normally back at midnight on a Tuesday shift, if not earlier) and I was up a bit later than usual because of the nap I'd taken before. Long story short she stayed around a friend's house but texted my old (cancelled) number, and then immediately went to sleep with her phone on Do Not Disturb, so me and my parents were up until 06:00 before we finally get a response. So Tuesday's night of sleep was borderline nonexistent. 

Felt fine on Wednesday, even if I didn't get up until noon, but by the evening I was a bit downtrodden and getting major feverish chills, to the point my teeth were chattering. Wake up yesterday morning to coughing up some nasty looking and slightly bloodied stuff (I tend to get dry air in my room this time of year which can unfortunately have the same effect when combined with a cold), which is concerning, but it was mightily outweighed by the fever, so I went with the NHS guidance of it potentially just being a booster side effect after 2 days. 

Well, today's the third day, but I got up late after yet another rough night of sleep. For whatever reason blood circulation to my nose gets real bad when I have flu-like symptoms, to the point that it can cold, which makes for terrible nights of sleep unless you half risk suffocating yourself with your duvet. So I knew that realistically I either had COVID or the flu. 

Just taken a rapid lateral flow test and it's showing as positive. Ordering a PCR now, but considering that realistically my three potential vectors (based on the timing of my symptoms) were two taxi drivers and someone working at a vaccination centre, it's an understatement to say that I'm miffed. I mean, what are the odds that I likely get it from someone who needs to be taking regular tests on the day that I go and get my booster? 

tumblr_mlvzd6sdPd1s6zntno1_400.gif

:mad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Julius said:

but considering that realistically my three potential vectors (based on the timing of my symptoms) were two taxi drivers and someone working at a vaccination centre

Those taxis probably had loads of people in and out of them all day. An infected door handle, seat, seatbelt etc seems like a likely way of catching it.

31 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Those taxis probably had loads of people in and out of them all day. An infected door handle, seat, seatbelt etc seems like a likely way of catching it.

That's true, think I just got very unlucky. It was first thing in the morning when I went to get my booster and I liberally applied hand sanitizer before entering and just after exiting.

Is what it is ::shrug:

Had my booster on 29th December, was an absolute shambles.  Got there early just in case there was a queue, which sure enough there was.  Probably getting on for a quarter of a mile at a guess.

Appointment was at 1:10pm, didn't even get to the desk for the first "check in" until probably 1:50pm maybe later.  By the time I got to that desk area, the side doors were opened and they decided to let the 2pm onwards appointments go ahead of us, they reclassified the queue I was in as walk in.  Some people behind and in front kicked off a bit, didn't blame them really.  They had to change the queue again by the time I left the building.

Did get a mild reaction this time, had a sore arm as before but had some flu like symptoms in top as well as my entire left arm aching

Sign in to follow this