NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Star Wars Eclipse

Into my veins, oh my goodness! High Republic at last! 

Star Wars Eclipse™ is the newest adventure in the High Republic era, now early in development by Quantic Dream. Learn more on www.StarWarsEclipse.com. 

Set during the High Republic era, Star Wars Eclipse™ is an intricately branching action-adventure game that can be experienced in many ways, and puts the destinies of multiple playable characters in your hands, created in collaboration between Quantic Dream and Lucasfilm Games.

Edited by Julius

Looks fantastic, a bit disappointed that it's "early in development", guess it's a few years off. Pretty ballsy to set the game in the High Republic era given how tempting it must have been to do OT, but I'm here for it. Interesting that there doesn't seem to be any ships or characters from the books, although I could be mistaken on that.

That logo is a beauty.

7 hours ago, Julius said:

High Republic at last! 

Have you read the books yet? If not you need to jump onto the bandwagon, they're fantastic, book 3 out next month will finish off the opening trilogy.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 8:51 AM, Ronnie said:

Looks fantastic, a bit disappointed that it's "early in development", guess it's a few years off. Pretty ballsy to set the game in the High Republic era given how tempting it must have been to do OT, but I'm here for it. Interesting that there doesn't seem to be any ships or characters from the books, although I could be mistaken on that.

That logo is a beauty.

Yeah, unfortunately like all of the other announced Star Wars gaming projects, I think it's just a case of slowly starting up the marketing train when they can to line up with a slate of regular releases for when the EA exclusivity deal comes to an end. 

Super glad that they've gone for the High Republic era, think it's taken them long enough, the only real surprise to me is that we're getting this before even seeing anything besides a logo for The Acolyte. Think this really could set a great tone for the rest of the High Republic era stuff, much more so than I think even The Acolyte could, which means there's a whole lot of pressure on Quantic Dream to deliver. And seemingly on a scale that they've not even got close to touching before. 

And yes, agreed about the logo -- the name is great too! Trailer coupled with the title definitely gave me some Dune vibes! 

This all being said, I was a bit surprised that this was an announcement for a new project rather than a trailer for Jedi Fallen Order II - maybe in June, depending on the scale of what they have planned? 

Also, goes without saying, but the situation at Quantic Dream sucks and David Cage can go get his face sucked by a swarm of mynocks. 

On 10/12/2021 at 8:51 AM, Ronnie said:

Have you read the books yet? If not you need to jump onto the bandwagon, they're fantastic, book 3 out next month will finish off the opening trilogy.

I actually haven't!

Reading has definitely taken a backseat for me since the first lockdown last year, which is a shame because I'd managed to just get back into it before then, so I think I'll need to make one of my goals for 2022 to read more books (my shelf would definitely thank me for it). I've fallen very (very) behind with Star Wars books, so maybe I'll need to turn my attention to catching back up. 

I could probably look it up, but I always like to ask people their opinions on things like this: am I starting with Light of the Jedi and then branching off from there, or should I start elsewhere? 

52 minutes ago, Julius said:

I could probably look it up, but I always like to ask people their opinions on things like this: am I starting with Light of the Jedi and then branching off from there, or should I start elsewhere? 

Definitely start with Light of the Jedi. That'll give you a good introduction to the era. The main meat of the story are the adult novels, so that one, then The Rising Storm, and The Fallen Star out next month. Then surrounding those you have the young adult and middle grade books, all the comics, the manga, the audiobook etc. All of those tell different stories in parallel to the major events going on in the novels. 

All of the above is Phase 1, also called Light of the Jedi. There will be three phases in total, so probably nine adult novels and tons of supplementary stuff when it's all finished in a few years.

Super glad that they've gone for the High Republic era, think it's taken them long enough, the only real surprise to me is that we're getting this before even seeing anything besides a logo for The Acolyte. Think this really could set a great tone for the rest of the High Republic era stuff, much more so than I think even The Acolyte could, which means there's a whole lot of pressure on Quantic Dream to deliver. And seemingly on a scale that they've not even got close to touching before. 

I think they wanted to give the books a bit of time in the spotlight to kick things off, seems fair enough to me. And yeah I get the impression The Acolyte will only be vaguely related to the High Republic, given they said it was set in its final days. So yeah lots of pressure on Eclipse to deliver and carry on the great work of the books.

Oh and yeah hopefully a Fallen Order 2 reveal soon. I had such a great time with that game I'm probably going to replay it on PS5, and I rarely re-play games!

Also, goes without saying, but the situation at Quantic Dream sucks and David Cage can go get his face sucked by a swarm of mynocks.

100%

Edited by Ronnie
  • Thanks 1

This deal's getting worse all the time: NetEase are reportedly acquiring Quantic Dream. 

Hoo boy -- a Chinese company with a history of oversexualised characters acquiring a company with a history of racism and sexism? Seems like a cesspit designed by Sidious himself. 

Sign in to follow this