NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Multiversus (2022)

Been very heavily rumoured the last few months since the launch of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, so no surprises here. 

MultiVersus is a brand-new, free-to-play platform fighter that lets you team up with or against your friends using some of the world’s most iconic characters including Batman, Shaggy, Superman, Bugs Bunny & more.

Use unique co-op abilities, find your favorite fighter combos, and save the Multiverse!

MultiVersus is scheduled for worldwide release in 2022 on PlayStation®5 (PS5™) and PlayStation®4 consoles, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles and PC with full cross-play support, dedicated server-based rollback netcode and content-filled seasons. 

Pre-registration for upcoming playtests is available now at MultiVersus.com

Bizarre this is passing over the Switch, I wonder if they have plans for it down the road? But crossplay and rollback netcode can only bode well. Could be fun! 

Edited by Julius

Haha yeah already saw the leaked cast earlier, but nice to see it confirmed. What a stupid cast, can't decide if I love it or hate it. :grin: Also bizarre to see that they went with the Shaggy the all-powerful meme at 1:56.

They emphasize the voice cast but to me they all sound off, but maybe that's because most voices are based of the (more recent) cartoon series? The game looks very slow as well, and a bit cheap and clumsy, not as polished as for example the Nickelodeon one.

All in all can't see myself putting any time in this but who knows.

Edit: I do like how they put more focus on teamwork, something that is for example completely missing in the Smash Bros. movesets.

Edited by Vileplume2000

This has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen… I’m in! :D 

… at least I would be if it wasn’t free to play; way to kill what should be something awesome :( 

Cinematic trailer:

Okay, can't speak to the game itself, but that seems like a great and accurate depiction of their characters. It's not quite got that Sakurai charm to it the Smash trailers do, but clearly what they've gone for, and I think they did a half decent job! Especially that Iron Giant team-up with Superman, that was perfect :peace:

Edited by Julius

That's a great trailer; really highlights the utter absurdity of this crossover!

Just a shame that this game is F2P... I'd actually be really interested in playing Multiversus, but alas...

I watched this the other day and gives some hands-on info for anyone curious:

Apparently more aerial-based that Smash and takes some getting used to but when you do it apparently works.

I am intrigued by the game. It's look so stupid that it could work. Just a shame I don't have a console to play it on!

Started playing this today. It actually seems pretty good for a Smash Bros. clone, but it's also quite different in how it plays (aerial movement is super floaty) and I can't quite get my head around not tapping the stick for "Smash" attacks. :heh:

The inclusion of retro cartoon characters is great though. :D Looking forward to seeing who else gets added.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this