NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Death's Door

Oh yay! It is coming to Switch then? Gonna keep that on my wishlist.

This was the second best thing about the Devolver Direct this year.

Edited by Glen-i

Glad to see the game coming to other platforms as its a great game.

Played the game when it launched on Xbox earlier in the Summer and it was fantastic. Just a really well put together game that plays really well, looks great, has a nice soundtrack and has a good level of challenge (its very much a Zelda-like with some of that Soulsborne challenge and some Metroidvania elements for accessing previously inaccessible areas).

Definitely a game worth your attention as its one of my favourite games of the year alongside Hitman 3 and The Forgotten City (the latter is a game I highly recommend as well).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's out now!

Want to pick it up but waiting till my wife and I have finished Big Bang Theory season 12. Shouldn't take long now, though.

Got this for review last Friday and have played it for about 5 hours. So far, it's brilliant. I really enjoy the sense progression. There's never too far between upgrades, and combat is very enjoyable. However, I miss a map so I can easily see where I have been to go there and collect stuff I missed, and then I also find myself cornered by enemies and walls a bit too often - of course that's on me but it's frustrating to die because you accidentally rolled into a corner and then having three or more enemies stop you from getting out.

Minor niggles, though. It's a beautiful game as well, the soundtrack is really nice and calm with enough variety between areas.

Currently, I am about to collect the second of three Giant Souls. That area has been quite the labyrinth, though, so I'm sure I missed stuff there!

• Like 2

On 28/10/2021 at 8:27 AM, Ganepark32 said:

very much a Zelda-like with some of that Soulsborne challenge 

Having not seen any gameplay this is good to know because the trailers didn't make it clear for me what kind of game this is. 

On 02/12/2021 at 11:55 AM, MindFreak said:

Got this for review last Friday and have played it for about 5 hours. So far, it's brilliant.

Apparently, it's up there with the best. What says you?

7 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Having not seen any gameplay this is good to know because the trailers didn't make it clear for me what kind of game this is. 

Apparently, it's up there with the best. What says you?

It's certainly a solid game with a lot of value. It doesn't do anything groundbreaking and new but what it does is done well. I only have a few complaints, one being the lack of a map, the other being that you can't use collectibles for anything, making them a little pointless. The story is a bit confusing up till the end where things click but that's mainly because it does a Hollow Knight and just indicates stuff. However, gameplay is really well-done, it's smooth and interesting. There is no strength potions, no luck, and minimal healing so it's always down to pure skill which is really nice. Puzzle wise it's a bit on the easy side but that doesn't matter much.

I've defeated the final boss now and am ready to take on the post-game.

• Thanks 2

Ah, sigh. Tip for anyone starting this game now, plant all the seeds as you find a pot! I now have to go back through every part of the game to find unused pots. Can't really be bothered now. 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this