NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MindFreak

Pikmin Bloom (mobile)

May as well send some Pikmin off to complete them, they’ll just be back in the morning.

I’m so annoyed, I thought the event finished later so instead of going out earlier I thought I’d walk around for a bit while the baby is put to sleep. Now I’ve done 8,000 steps and nothing to show for it. :cry:

6 hours ago, Will said:

I’m up to 3,500 steps on the challenge. When it gets a bit cooler outside I’ll walk around the condo until I hit 10k. 

Everyone else going to try and complete it?

Went for a walk and I’m pot about 6,300. May do some more later to get to 10,000 would only need around 25 minute walk. 

I've just uninstalled it.

Was thinking of doing so once I reached 1 million steps (on about 650,000) as it was starting to get boring but what pushed me over the edge was my phone notifications were sometimes taking ages to come through and I saw someone suggest it was this game and as soon as I uninstalled a barrage came through.

Now this could be a coincidence and I'll see how it goes but for now my Pikmin army is gone (I am hoping/assuming the saved data remains for my account but I guess I'll find out in the future).

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

(I am hoping/assuming the saved data remains for my account but I guess I'll find out in the future).

I believe, like Pokémon Go, all you data will be stored on niantics server or whatever. So when you log in it’ll just get it all back. 

32 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I believe, like Pokémon Go, all you data will be stored on niantics server or whatever. So when you log in it’ll just get it all back. 

Yeah figured it would be. 

Been a few days now and it does seem like Pikmin Bloom was the cause of it. The random person on the internet that suggested it said it could be because its constantly in the background tracking steps so it was hogging all the bandwidth (essentially). Not sure if its generally a problem or because I'm on a newer phone that maybe they've not accounted for.

Yeah that's my experience but more than just SMS, it was everything. 

I’ve no idea if these problems are just mainly android or affected iOS too but I have noticed that some of my apps hadn’t been sending notifications. Mainly Carrot Weather had stopped sending rain alerts (I know there should have been as they were coming through in my iPad) plus I had noticed a few other odd notification things. 
I’ve uninstalled it to test this out for a few days to see what happens. I won’t be missing much as I really was down to just checking it at 9pm when the daily thing happened. 

Does anyone still play this? They introduced 5-player weekly challenges recently. My friend code is 204984427100.

Edit: added everyone who posted codes on the first page.

Edited by Mandalore

I stopped because of the bug preventing/delaying notifications from other apps coming in which I assume has been fixed but never got back to it.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

I stopped because of the bug preventing/delaying notifications from other apps coming in which I assume has been fixed but never got back to it.

Me too and as soon as I removed the game my notifications went back to normal. Never went back as it just wasn't enticing me to.

On 5/17/2022 at 4:32 PM, Mandalore said:

Does anyone still play this? They introduced 5-player weekly challenges recently. My friend code is 204984427100.

Edit: added everyone who posted codes on the first page.

Do you have any idea how to form a group for the weekly challenges? Every time I start one it gives me no options other than starting on my own and I can’t find any way to add people to the group.

I still enjoy this for what it is but I feel like there is so much more they could do with it. I really wish they’d do more of this group stuff and maybe add a few multi-level collection things. The ‘game’ as it is is really very limited.

11 hours ago, Will said:

Do you have any idea how to form a group for the weekly challenges? Every time I start one it gives me no options other than starting on my own and I can’t find any way to add people to the group.

As far as I can tell it automatically adds you to a friend's group if any are available. If not you get put in a new one on your own that friends can join.

Sign in to follow this