NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack: N64 & SEGA Mega Drive

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I suppose it's time for another sacrifice to SEGA in the desperate hope that I'll finally be able to play Shining Force 2.

IT WORKED!

YES! I know what's on my next to play list once Grandia is done!

Of course Sonic Spinball inevitably brings the quality down, but I don't care!

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Who or what did you sacrifice? @Dcubed, post if you're okay.

Soleil and Rocket Knight Adventures died for @Glen-i's sins...

• Haha 1

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards lands on NSO on May 20th:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So that just leaves Pokemon Snap as the lone N64 NSO game announced but not yet released... How convinient that the current N64 wave runs out right before E3...

I still think that N64 is gonna dry up completely after this wave, despite there being plenty of games still left over to be released... but they'll fill the hole by announcing GB/GBA games for NSO instead.

50 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I still think that N64 is gonna dry up completely after this wave, despite there being plenty of games still left over to be released... but they'll fill the hole by announcing GB/GBA games for NSO instead.

Meanwhile, I don't buy this. Why even negotiate with Microsoft if you're not even gonna bother with getting at least both Banjo games?

I say that directed to you as if I haven't made that point to your face already. Just getting my opinion there.

It has now occurred to me that Nintendo may have saved Crystal Shards for now, just because they expected Forgotten Land to raise demand for Kirby.

Normally, you'd expect a company to use the older games to promote the latest release in a series, but Nintendo instead used the latest release to promote an old game (and by extension, the NSO). It's an unusual situation.

1 hour ago, Jonnas said:

It has now occurred to me that Nintendo may have saved Crystal Shards for now, just because they expected Forgotten Land to raise demand for Kirby.

The funny coincidence is that Kirby 64, along with Forgotten Land, are two of the very few Kirby games where Kirby can't float forever.

I've been playing a bit of Kirby 64 this evening. Man, it's rough. It's so slow, boring and I can't stomach more than a couple of levels before taking a break from it. Anyway, the reason I wanted to post here is because I ran into a nasty glitch that I don't recall ever happening on the N64 version of the game and wanted to give others a heads up.

Basically, if you get hit by this mini boss, Kirby freezes and you can't do anything. Make sure to make a save when you reach this thing.

I manged to replicate it numerous times.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, that's definitely getting patched before Pokémon Snap drops. That's certainly not a thing in the original game.

Edited by Glen-i

On 13/05/2022 at 11:49 PM, Glen-i said:

The funny coincidence is that Kirby 64, along with Forgotten Land, are two of the very few Kirby games where Kirby can't float forever.

Seems like H-o-T's playthrough was just determined to prove you wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 3