NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack: N64 & SEGA Mega Drive (& GBA!!)

14 hours ago, Ashley said:

When you remember what video game (and wider) culture was like at the time it's not that surprising

5 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Higher ESRB rating but have you played Conker's Bad Fur Day?

I must have buried all of it in the deepest darkest corners. It's al coming back now. Yes, I played Conker, still have my N64 copy somewhere, that game was just a big "we gonna do what we like" game by Rare. And possibly the game with the biggest change from original design and early screenshots/videos to final design of a game. T

hose were some odd times, and let us not forget possibly the worst offender by Nintendo 

It ended up not being as binary as those ads made out. I think I did all those things and still won the day. :hehe: 

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Which Thursday or Friday?

@BowserBasher?

31 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I can do either, I'll be on AC just fishing otherwise.

So, shall we say. 8-ish tonight?

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Sounds good to me cause then I can go fishing afterwards.

23 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

19 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Sounds good to me cause then I can go fishing afterwards.

I'll be on in about 90 mins too then. :D 

Oh right, I've unlocked 4 or 5 of the secret courts along with the 2 secret characters, so I suggest that I host.

But I haven't unlocked all the star characters, so in the spirit of fair play, just don't use them.

3 sets, 6 games sound good? Or shorter?

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh right, I've unlocked 4 or 5 of the secret courts along with the 2 secret characters, so I suggest that I host.

But I haven't unlocked all the star characters, so in the spirit of fair play, just don't use them.

3 sets, 2 games.  Like civilised folk.

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

3 sets, 2 games.  Like civilised folk.

What you talking about, I thought we were playing the full fat tennis, so 5 sets, 6 games lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

What you talking about, I thought we were playing the full fat tennis, so 5 sets, 6 games lol

Considering we're doing doubles, I was thinking 3 matches of 3 set, 2 game. So everyone gets paired with everyone once.

Of course, this is all assuming the connection is stable, ours can handle Smash Bros, so it should be fine in theory...

Edited by Glen-i

22 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

2 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Three or five full sets format is good for me. If @Dcubed needs to go to get himself tucked into bed at a civilised hour we can do a 2 min match to warm up.

I only have 4 star characters so far. Will volunteer to host when I have them all.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Considering we're doing doubles, I was thinking 3 matches, so everyone gets paired with everyone once.

Of course, this is all assuming the connection is stable, ours can handle Smash Bros, so it should be fine in theory...

I'd like to think my fibre can handle a bit of N64 online but you never know how inefficient Nintendo have made it. :laughing: 

@darksnowman How did you manage to bring up the Sarcastic Clap!?!? I thought you couldn't do it with N64 NSO games!!

Edit: I just figured it out!!! Hold Zr and press the right stick, it brings up the cursor; then you can click the right stick to Sarcastic Clap!! :D (Sadly this doesn't work with N64 controllers, has to be Joycons or Pro Controller).

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

So I really need to play these games before I have an online session.

So Mario Tennis is still smooth and great in multiplayer. Seems really fast paced too, no stopping for super special shots. Just pure tennis, until you play on Bowsers course.

Mario Kart 64 is still broken with those shortcuts to this day and I love it. Can't believe I pulled the Wario Stadium one off second attempt, I always had a bit of trouble with that. Rainbow road though, first time on the shortcut, go me!

I haven't touched StarFox yet so didn't know the controls, but was fun to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

@darksnowman How did you manage to bring up the Sarcastic Clap!?!? I thought you couldn't do it with N64 NSO games!!

Edit: I just figured it out!!! Hold Zr and press the right stick, it brings up the cursor; then you can click the right stick to Sarcastic Clap!! :D (Sadly this doesn't work with N64 controllers, has to be Joycons or Pro Controller).

Yeah, I only enlisted for the Expansion Pack the other day and have only tried Mario Tennis so far on it, so once you changed to games that utilise the c-buttons I was scrambling to find a comfortable way of accessing them on the Switch Pro Controller. :blush: 

Mario Kart 64... I have not played that game in years. Could not tell you the last time I touched it. I'll need a heads up next time so I can practise it on the Switch Pro Controller (and practise it full stop, tbh) as I had bother getting those sprites to go in a straight line. Still good fun and funny to see us all thinking the same thing with a shortcut or two! :laughing: 

With Tennis we need to play full matches to give us a chance to get into it with the characters and course conditions. :p Come on!

• Thanks 2

F-Zero X is being added to the lineup this Friday:

In this futuristic racer, the key to winning is speed! F-Zero X will become available for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members on March 11th!

Choose from 30 different hover-car racers, including updated versions of the Blue Falcon and other vehicles from the original F-Zero" game, and get ready to hit the acceleration! Race to the finish line on tracks that twist and turn through the air. However, you will have to avoid the other 29 cars on the track or else face the consequences! If you're in a competitive mood, try to win a Grand Prix Cup, get the fastest lap time in a Time Trial, or destroy the competition in a Death Race. You can also challenge three friends in the Versus mode. With five separate play modes, hidden vehicles and courses, and an excellent soundtrack, F-Zero X is a worthy racing title to return to!

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

Isn't the key to winning most racers speed?

1 hour ago, bob said:

I remember winning an X Cup or two because it generated tracks with right-angled jumps that the CPU couldn't cope with.

:laughing: 

3 hours ago, bob said:

Not for F-Zero GX.

The key to winning that race is swerving.

• Haha 1