NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack: N64 & SEGA Mega Drive (& GBA!!)

Can't wait fir this one. Wasn't this the one that let you taunt and cheer in multiplayer too? Hope that's still in there. 

21 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Can't wait fir this one. Wasn't this the one that let you taunt and cheer in multiplayer too? Hope that's still in there. 

Yeah, it is. And it'll definitely be in this one. GameCube one had it to, complete with the taunt actually floating across the screen for that extra annoying factor.

They dropped it once online play became a thing, I think you can guess why.

BTW, I just found out that the Japanese version has one less character then the other versions.

image0.jpg

That's kinda mad to think about. Granted, it's just a palette swap of Mario, but still. Wonder what made them decide to add another unlockable character?

To be honest, I'd argue the Japanese got it good there. Metal Mario sucks (curves way too much, and god help you if you don't nail the last A press perfectly!), and is not worth the effort of getting every Birdie Badge. (Even more funny when you realise you get Maple for getting around half of them and she's way better!)

Edited by Glen-i

On 07/04/2022 at 11:26 AM, Glen-i said:

They dropped it once online play became a thing, I think you can guess why.

There’s no escape now! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now you’ll get sarcastic golf quips AND sarcastic claps! At the same time!!

So, this is weird. @Dcubed there hoping for the GBC characters to be in there, but it's a lot worse then that.

So there was a hidden feature in this and Mario Tennis that let you play some special tournaments. You hold Z+R and then select Clubhouse, which unlocked a code entry screen. You enter certain codes then.

NSO version has disabled the ability to get to the code entry screen. Holding Z+R does nothing.

It's bizarre, you can do it in Mario Tennis. Wonder why they removed it from Golf?

Odd, I've read that there is a code that unlocks everything though. Is that still there? Something about an input of button presses done on a menu screen?

34 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Odd, I've read that there is a code that unlocks everything though. Is that still there? Something about an input of button presses done on a menu screen?

I imagine that is, as it's done on the title screen. Haven't tested it though, because that's cheating!

• Weird 1

Putting is not the same as Super Rush. Need to get used to the distances and such, finding I'm under putting a lot.

However I did do this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Putting is not the same as Super Rush. Need to get used to the distances and such, finding I'm under putting a lot.

However I did do this

The physics are always hard to get used to whenever you swap Mario Golfs, the physics change between games. I did almost get an Albatross though. Very annoyed when I slightly missed that!

Anyway, I'm ready for tonight.

I'll be hosting, thank you very much! @Dcubed will be joining as well. So only 1 space left now.

Online Mario Golf 64 was a mistake. The atmosphere truly makes everyone far worse then usual! I thought Super Rush Speed Golf was poor etiquette! I'm Maple (P1), @BowserBasher is Luigi (P3), and @Dcubed is Sonny (P2)

Keep an eye on the meet point on that above clip.

• Haha 2

Great games when we didn't get disconnected. I fail to see why Nintendo would remove the online taunting. I saw no issues at all. I think I was handicapped with a worse player.

• Haha 1

Just now, BowserBasher said:

Great games when we didn't get disconnected. I fail to see why Nintendo would remove the online taunting. I saw no issues at all. I think I was handicapped with a worse player.

I mean, you chose Luigi. You had plenty of other options.

• Weird 1

That was a beautiful disaster.  I swear, I have never played that badly at Mario Golf before! :laughing:

Spoiler

Ahh, that was great fun! We'll have to do Mini Golf and Speed Golf next time :peace:

• Haha 3

Played a round. Can we have the PAL version plz.

16 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

You could do endless replays of shots if you're desperate to sicken peoples' happiness. 

23 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Played a round. Can we have the PAL version plz.

You could do endless replays of shots if you're desperate to sicken peoples' happiness. 

If you go to the settings, you can have the PAL versions on the menu.

Also, anyone who actually does endless replays is the worst kind of person. There's no point to it, and it's not even funny.

Edited by Glen-i

Just unlocked Wario so now is constant "CHEATER!" taunt time. Unless that was GC Wario.

• Haha 1

News about the GB and GBA emulator being used for NSO showed up yesterday evening. There's now a list of games that have been tested on the service.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/04/rumour-here-are-the-supposed-gba-games-tested-for-switch-online-so-far

People are speculating that the GB/GBC games will be added as party of the standard service and the GBA games will be part of the expansion.

Apparently the GB side of things has been finished for ages now and Nintendo have just been sitting in it until the right time for a release.

With the emulator leaking, we will probably see an announcement sooner rather than later.

• Thanks 1

Didn't know how much I miss Chu Chu Rocket until I clicked that link.

Wonder what they consider "the right time" to be for release? Reckon Nintendo are sitting on a mountain of stuff for when Switch sales slump. 

4 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Wonder what they consider "the right time" to be for release? Reckon Nintendo are sitting on a mountain of stuff for when Switch sales slump. 

Given the expansion pack launched in October and has a one year membership I'd guess probably around October...

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Given the expansion pack launched in October and has a one year membership I'd guess probably around October...

Yeah, no doubt they've something waiting in the wings to get the early adopters to keep the auto-renew active on their subs.

If they go early with the Gameboy stuff maybe the Expansion Pack will get Super Gameboy in October. :idea: 

Yeah I don't see the Game Boy being the main push, but maybe part of a bigger incentive. 

Looks like some more Mega Drive games will be getting added soon. There's maintenance scheduled for the MD side of things later today. That usually means a new set of games is being prepped for release.

*Prays for Shining in the Darkness, Rocket Knight Adventures or Soleil*

• Thanks 1

If anything it'll be Game Gear or Master System to get ahead of any leaks. ;)

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

*Prays for Shining in the Darkness, Rocket Knight Adventures or Soleil*

Send one up for Landstalker!

I suppose it's time for another sacrifice to SEGA in the desperate hope that I'll finally be able to play Shining Force 2.

The three Megadrive games were just added

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1