NEurope
Julius

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack: N64 & SEGA Mega Drive (& GBA!!)

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Also noted in case THERE'S A DIFFERENCE IN RESERVE POKÉMON that I need to overcome.

"OOWAAAH TAKEN DOWN IN ONE HIT"

There's a really lovable charm about the Pokémon Stadium announcer. Must have absolutely killed the cartridge space, I mean literally "TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"

I always got irked when it asked "is it down and out?" As the poor creature fainted in front of him.

Hey look! 3 brand new multiplayer GBA games for NE nights to sink into!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Sad 1

but-why-ryan-reynolds.gif

I mean, I guess Luigi physics in Mario World is a novel way to play it, but still...

But hey, A Link to the Past GBA has a pretty good chance now, and that one is actually worth putting on NSO.

Edited by Glen-i

C'maahn Nintendo... You've already released these in former console iterations... 

Far more worthy games of release on this. Priorities guys...

2 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

C'maahn Nintendo... You've already released these in former console iterations... 

Far more worthy games of release on this. Priorities guys...

Let's face it, the last thing Golden Sun needs is to be put on the service during the month where no-one is going to notice it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Let's face it, the last thing Golden Sun needs is to be put on the service during the month where no-one is going to notice it.

I get that, but if they're going to fist Zelda this month they might as well do the Oracle games

gameboyadvancenintendoswitchonlinemay2023banner.620x0.webp

New Game Boy Advance titles added to Nintendo Switch Online May 2023

Now up on the main page.

- - - - -

These are interesting ports of the original NES/SNES games, the first title is well worth playing if you've never played Super Mario Bros. 2... the port of Super Mario World has extra content, but it's down to preference as to whether you'd choose this version or the original, and the same with Yoshi's Island, as it has extra content, but probably a few differences between it and the original SNES release.

Still, good to have some new GBA games on the service, which means Kirby should be the next GBA game to be released... some time within the next month or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only recently found out they added voices to the boss and some other characters in Mario Advance/SMB2 which is surreal.

The games are up now on NSO btw.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Helmsly said:

I only recently found out they added voices to the boss and some other characters in Mario Advance/SMB2 which is surreal.

I like how Red Birdo says "Fuck you" when defeated

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Helmsly said:

How did that pass you by! 

Thanks for the heads up. Think the only one of these I didn't get a lend of on GBA was Mario World, so I had a quick blast on it... MY EARS! :eek: And I don't mean the voices; the music wasn't coming through well at all. Jumping felt a bit off too so I was down to one life before I even got to the yellow switch palace. Might play it a bit more to see if I can get used to it but I reckon the SNES version will remain the way to go unless there's something worthwhile to unlock on the GBA by doing every stage with Mario and Luigi plus collecting all the dragon coins (twice?), since this is tracked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

How did that pass you by! 

Thanks for the heads up. Think the only one of these I didn't get a lend of on GBA was Mario World, so I had a quick blast on it... MY EARS! :eek: And I don't mean the voices; the music wasn't coming through well at all. Jumping felt a bit off too so I was down to one life before I even got to the yellow switch palace. Might play it a bit more to see if I can get used to it but I reckon the SNES version will remain the way to go unless there's something worthwhile to unlock on the GBA by doing every stage with Mario and Luigi plus collecting all the dragon coins (twice?), since this is tracked.

There isn't. It's weird in that it's the only Mario Advance that doesn't really offer new levels or tweaks of levels for the sake of a special mode. Mario has the same physics, so you're imagining things there. But there's less of a field of view, and some of the levels were tweaked to make the game a little easier. Some of the holes being made smaller, etc.

Luigi, complete with different mechanics and physics, and Dragon Coins in levels where they originally weren't any (Castles, etc.) are the only additions of note.

There is a neat feature that lets you warp to levels you've found, but I believe that only happens once you see the credits.

EDIT: Nope, it's when you get all 96 exits. Also you only have to clear each level twice, once with each brother. You only have to get the Dragon coins once.

Edited by Glen-i

23 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Mario has the same physics, so you're imagining things there.

There was no mistaking it since my most recent point of reference for Mario World feel comes from Mario Maker.

4 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

There was no mistaking it since my most recent point of reference for Mario World feel comes from Mario Maker.

Well, there you have it, Mario Maker doesn't have the same physics as Mario World, even in Mario World style.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Well, there you have it, Mario Maker doesn't have the same physics as Mario World, even in Mario World style.

That is correct.

Never noticed how washed out the GBA version looks before.

12 minutes ago, Ike said:

Never noticed how washed out the GBA version looks before.

Yeah, it's a neccesity for the unlit and very dark GBA. Put it on a lit screen, and it looks very un-nice.
Needs must, I'm afraid...

Fire Emblem [The Blazing Blade] lands on NSO GBA next week! 

Plan your strategy and draw your steel, because smoldering rivalries are set to burn bright once more on the Nintendo Switch™ system!

Starting June 22, Fire Emblem™ also known as Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade will be available for everyone with a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership as part of the Game Boy™ Advance Nintendo Switch Online library.

• Thanks 1

fireemblemnsoexpasionpackgbajune2023banner.620x0.webp

Fire Emblem added to Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack June 2023

Now up on the main page.

- - - - -

An excellent addition to the GBA lineup, probably one of the more enjoyable traditional Fire Emblem games in the series.

Plus, it's nice to be able to actually see it on a choice of either a decently lit portable screen, or on a TV, as these type of games really do need increased visibility.

Also, it's good that this game is more accesible now as well, as I'm sure the price of the original GBA cartridge and/or the boxed game must be somewhat pricey now.

The EU version has some content cut, so best to play the US version.

• Thanks 5