NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Animal Crossing Direct October 15th 15:00 BST

I'll definitely jump back in because of this update. 

I like how the thing they used to advertise 2.0, Brewster, ended up being the most insignificant part of it! I might come in for coffee a grand total of one time :laughing: 

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

Is anyone even playing this still? Or will they be now with these updates? I like that there's newer items, fences and customisation for existing items. 

Still boot it up every day.

Yeah, I'm still playing it every day too. I'm kind of glad I kept putting off properly customising my island, seems like I'll have a lot more options for that now. 

Glad that Isabelle and the like will be popping into the cafe, one of my biggest gripes with New Horizons is that they're stuck behind a desk or in the shops unless it's NYE or some other big event. The early game gave me a bit of hope, seeing Timmy (or Tommy, can't remember which one exactly) wandering around the island was great but they didn't follow through on that promise. Would still prefer they all had their own houses that they went to once the shops closed or their shifts at residents services ended but that sort of thing would be too major an overhaul for an update - this is the best we're going to get until a sequel

6 hours ago, Ike said:

I want some of the new DLC design stuff (partitions, etc.) in the main game. They've really added a lot for the DLC.

The DLC being available as part of NSO+ is pretty nice.

It will be able to be used on the main game if you’ve bought the DLC. I’m guessing you may have meant standalone. 

I personally loved the updates. Some nice new features, a few good little updates and two major changes in the visitor island and DLC. Cooking added just means I need to find a place to plant the veg. The first person camera mode looks cool, permanent ladders, new characters, new emotes, some new items. Shame they said it was the last major update but I’m going to assume this was planned over a longer timeframe but didn’t happen cause of the pandemic. So it’s all come now. 

Oh and also still playing every day here  

Also a little confused over the DLC and NSO sub bit. Hope they clear that up a bit. 

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Like 1

You know, I always thought after New Leaf, Isabelle had shived Tortimer off screen, and that's why he was nowhere to be found in New Horizons.

FBvzDl4XEB0Tk4Z?format=jpg&name=900x900

Guess that theory is out the window now...

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, RedShell said:

Anyone know what the deal is with it being included as part of the new online sub though, is it that you can only use it while subscribed, or does it get permanently added to your account?

I mean it seems like you can eventually bring those new design features to your own island home, so if someone were to play it via the sub, what would happen after leaving the service?

Here’s some info on that from Animal Crossing World:

If you cancel your Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership or otherwise lose access to the Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise expansionyou’ll lose access to visiting the Archipelago area where Paradise Planning content can be enjoyed, but you’ll get to keep access to any design features unlocked that can be used on your personal island.

https://animalcrossingworld.com/2021/10/what-happens-if-you-get-animal-crossing-happy-home-paradise-with-switch-online-and-cancel-later/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

content-4-36569-animalcrossingdirect15102021roundupbanner.jpg

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct 15/10/2021 Roundup

Now up on the main page.

Full press release, and YouTube video embed.

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

Caught up on the Direct this morning. Admittedly, I wanted to see the reactions to the pricing of the Expansion Pack, but ended up sitting through the entirety of it. 

Honestly, I think it might be one of Nintendo's best Directs with a single game as the focus that I've watched. It didn't drag on for too long, which is crazy considering just how much new content is on the way, so hats off to them for that! 

Will it get me back to playing New Horizons? Probably not. To be honest, I think the act of trying to organise my island more and starting that by completely flattening it just turned it into a chore, which is my own fault, but I did still really enjoy my time with it, I think a game I check in on daily just doesn't suit me. 

Very happy for - and envious of! - those who have stuck around and have been waiting for an update like this, because there's a whole lot in there that I wish was around at launch for me to experience. Crazy that it's been a year and a half since then, and crazier still that this will be the last free update?

I guess Nintendo knows what we don't, but they did a similar thing for Splatoon 2 by being very vocal about a final update, and with Splatoon 3 on the way - and New Horizons' success - I've got to wonder if they're planning ahead and want the next Animal Crossing out earlier in the next console's life? 

But yeah, how jolly! Monkey looks cute as all heck, permanent ladders are awesome,  and the more extensive interior design looks rad! Not to mention the new camera perspective, that looks like it'll be fun :peace:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Julius said:

Honestly, I think it might be one of Nintendo's best Directs with a single game as the focus that I've watched. It didn't drag on for too long, which is crazy considering just how much new content is on the way, so hats off to them for that! 

100%. They've got the pacing of Directs down perfectly these days. Their last main one was excellent throughout mixing big reveals with smaller headlines throughout.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this