NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Animal Crossing Direct October 15th 15:00 BST

content-4-36565-animalcrossingdirect15102021banner.jpg

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct to be broadcast on 15/10/2021

Up on the main page.

We'll have the full roundup article with the press release etc up on the main page shortly after the event airs. :smile:

This should be a decent seasonal update for anyone who is still regularly playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

• Like 2

I hope this is a meaty update! I often long for the first year of the game where I played daily and enjoyed building up and decorating my island - I went back recently after the direct to clean up weeds and stuff in time for Brewster and his pigeon milk, alas my island is so full there's barely anywhere for weeds to actually grow :laughing:

If there is somehow a way to expand your island I'll be reeled back in but otherwise I can't see myself playing too much as my island is set up just how I want it now and that was my favourite aspect of the game, I'm not too fussed on catching fish and bugs these days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This update seems pretty amazing lol

Edited by Helmsly

Yep, this looks like it'll draw me back into the game. Looks like plenty of new stuff to justify calling it a version 2.0 update!

The paid DLC looks like a Happy Home Designer+ kind of game, pretty interesting! Curious to see what it costs.

• Like 1

I want some of the new DLC design stuff (partitions, etc.) in the main game. They've really added a lot for the DLC.

The DLC being available as part of NSO+ is pretty nice.

Permanent ladders will be super useful but I'm most happy about Gyroids coming back - I love those little weirdos.

Great to see Kapp'N return, and Harv's islands upgrade is really cool - gives us more opportunities to interact with merchants 

It's a shame that KK will still be stuck in the plaza though, I would have loved if he'd taken up residence at The Roost. 

The Happy Home Designer DLC look pretty substantial too, I can definitely understand why they're charging for it but it's a shame that some players won't be able to access the new features.

Also, where is Resetti? And what about Phyllis and Pelly? 

So we're getting Happy Home Designer 2? And it comes as part of the NSO Expansion Pack? Nice!

The price for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion is crazy.

Edit:  Sorry that pricing took me for surprise.  All the stuff getting added in the Version 2.0 patch is awesome!

Edited by V. Amoleo

So the DLC is €24,99 standalone, or included in the NSO Expansion Pack which will cost €39,99 a year (how cheeky of them to drop the NSO Expansion Pack price in this!). That's pretty steep, both for the DLC as for the NSO+.

Edit: Edited in euro signs. In pounds it's 22,49/34,99.

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Like 1

Wait, I've got every crocodile on my island and yet I saw one in that Amiibo card pack that isn't in the game!

MEGATON! Perhaps Crocodile Isle can have it's dream fully realised of 9 crocs, and Cranston.

Also, Happy Home Designer 2 is also nice, I suppose...

Edited by Glen-i

Yeah... that's not cheap for the Expansion Pack.  We had better be getting more added onto it over time if they want to charge basically double the current NSO sub for it! (I expect GCN and Wii games for this kind of money Nintendo!)

It's not clear if that's for the standard NSO plus the expansion, there's no way just the expansion is that much?

WOW, from £18 to £35 for the NSO expansion, I was thinking maybe a tenner extra at most. Hmmm.... like @Dcubed says they better add more to it over time and give us more stuff like Tetris 99 etc. I suppose we're getting the £22 Animal Crossing DLC for 'free', for a start...

Edited by Ronnie

5 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

So the DLC is €24,99 standalone, or included in the NSO Expansion Pack which will cost €39,99 a year (how cheeky of them to drop the NSO Expansion Pack price in this!). That's pretty steep, both for the DLC as for the NSO+.

Edit: Edited in euro signs. In pounds it's 22,49/34,99.

Considering it's basically the sequel to Happy Home Designer, I think 22.49 is actually quite reasonable.

Apparently, you don't even need New Horizons to play it. But you probably won't get the benefits applied to your own island.

Edited by Glen-i

Any info on how much more expensive the family plan will be with the NSO expansion? That's already £31.49 as it is, surely it can't go up to £60...

Just now, killthenet said:

Any info on how much more expensive the family plan will be with the NSO expansion? That's already £31.49 as it is, surely it can't go up to £60...

Family Plan is £59.

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

It's not clear if that's for the standard NSO plus the expansion, there's no way just the expansion is that much?

That's for the sub on its own; not just for the expansion pack.

The expansion pack sub price (for those that are already subscribed to NSO) hasn't been announced yet.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Family Plan is £59.

Thanks, look like I'll have to start chipping in then - my brother's been covering the cost up until now

I don't know how to feel about this. A lot of the additions look cool but it all feels so disconnected. I wish they'd have given us more land mass and had the caravan park as part of the existing island and also allow you to move in these new designed houses to your island instead of that archipelago. As is it just feels like there will be so many loading screens and aeroplane/boat trips which is an especially harrowing thought knowing how bothersome some of the Animal Crossing load times can be. 

Price wise I would not be willing to pay for the standalone DLC, it definitely seems a bit too steep. It is a much nicer prospect as part of the NSO Expansion but then there is also the caveat that you have to subscribe for a minimum of 1 year meaning this would cost a minimum of £35 if I went that route. 

I'm really not sure what to think atm so I'll leave it on the back burner, I have plenty of other things to be getting on with anyway. Perhaps I'll see how much the free DLC engages me and make my decision from there. 

Wow! What an update. :)
I shall definitely be spending some more time with Animal Crossing again soon. :hehe:

That Happy Home DLC is super tempting too. Lottie is back! :love:

Anyone know what the deal is with it being included as part of the new online sub though, is it that you can only use it while subscribed, or does it get permanently added to your account?
I mean it seems like you can eventually bring those new design features to your own island home, so if someone were to play it via the sub, what would happen after leaving the service?

*EDIT*

If you do not renew your membership for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack, it’s not possible to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise unless it has been purchased separately.

So the HHP stuff in your New Horizons house, does Tom Nook come and remove it all if you don't renew? :laughing:

Edited by RedShell

Oooo I like the look of this update. I've been thinking about redoing some parts of my island. So perhaps this is a good time with a new update coming.

Is anyone even playing this still? Or will they be now with these updates? I like that there's newer items, fences and customisation for existing items. 

Sign in to follow this