NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Vote: The Greatest Smash Bros Character Reveal Trailer Of All Time

51 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

That @Glen-i can’t do anything right lol. I guess we can just assume Banjo won. 

I just happened to post it, right before Glen went offline. :p

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

Bump!

A new post is approaching!

(on the next page)

...probably.

Soon. ;)

• Thanks 1

Well, that was a sudden thing to see during breakfast! That'll teach me for playing video games!

content-4-36583-netop10scrtarticlebanner.jpg

But hey, there it is for all you people too lazy to go to the main page!

Ta to @S.C.G and @RedShell for the graphics, and @Jonnas for proofreading it.

Spoiler

11. One Day, Pyra Just Disappeared

12. Comet Observatory (Rosalina & Luma)

13. One-Winged Angel (Sephiroth)

14. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU 1st Trailer (Villager)

15. Sonic Joins the Brawl

16. Ramen Time! (Min Min)

17. A Piercing Screech (Ridley)

18. Super Smash Bros. is coming to Nintendo Switch! (Inkling)

19. Super Smash Bros Brawl E3 2006 Trailer (Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario and Snake)

20. Goddess of Light (Palutena, Dark Pit)

21. Wii Fit Trainer Joins the Battle!

22. The Ashen Demon (Byleth)

23. A New Seed! (Steve/Alex)

24. Looks Like We Don't Have a Choice! (Shulk)

25. A hard worker's dream (Isabelle)

26-44. Everything else that got no votes

And that about does it! Now while I kept things on track, this was @Dcubed's idea. So thanks for that! Was interesting, for sure!

You're now free to discuss anything about this vote, including what you actually voted for, if you so choose.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I'm surprised that the E3 2006 trailer didn't do better in the polls! Even though the trailer is pretty tame by today's standards in terms of editing, production and pacing; it was the first time we ever got a 3rd party character! (speaking of which, why the hell did Sonic Joins The Brawl beat it!? - was it the 1,2,3 kick?).  Likewise, I think A Piercing Screech, Looks Like We Don't Have A Choice, and Goddess Of Light deserved to do a bit better as well; though they didn't make my top 3, they're really good trailers that are well put together.

Also... wow! Cloud's trailer got no votes at all!? That's shocking! I thought that trailer was fantastically well put together! (It might have the budget of about 50p found down the back of Sakurai's couch, but the editing is top notch!)

Glad to see you guys recognise greatness with Vampire Killer though.  That is an amazing trailer in every respect (and was also my personal No1 pick).  But I do agree that Best Friends is the most important Smash Bros trailer as a whole, even if it isn't necessarily the absolutely best put together one.

BTW @RedShell Love the side bar graphic you made; I sniggered profusely :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just realised I hadn't commented here when the article first came out.

I'll say, I am baffled by how low Sephiroth's trailer is. Heck, even Sora's and Megaman's feel low.

• Thanks 1

Oh right, yeah! I'm gonna go ahead and reveal how I voted initially.

Spoiler

5. Looks like we don't have a choice! - Honestly, "You will know our names" carries this trailer for me. It's, like, the ultimate hype song! You could put it over loads of trailers and it would make them better.

4. Champion of the Ring - This one's cool, the artstyle shift really makes this one memorable to me.

3. Vampire Killer - It's really good! Got a little bit of everything. And that surprise Richter interruption is just masterful!

2. The Legendary Wolf - What can I say? I like the trailers that go for a completely different artstyle. I also like the implication that the Smash invitation has become so desirable, that people will throw themselves off of buildings for it.

1. Mii Fighter Gameplay Trailer E3 2014 - Boring title, hilarious trailer! It barely has any gameplay, but who cares when you have Iwata and Reggie doing a ridiculously stupid fight? It's still one of the funniest trailers I've seen for a game!

Am I a little peeved that DCubed's top pick triumphed over mine? A little. But I'm not gonna complain. Vampire Killer deserved to place high.

Anyway, for the sake of clarity, I'm also gonna reveal the tie breakers that ended up as another tie, which forced me to step in and give the deciding vote.

Spoiler

The four way tie was actually pretty conclusive on who won there (The Brawl Reveal Trailer got more Tie Break votes then the other three combined), but Wii Fit Trainer and Byleth's trailer both got one vote. So I stepped in and put Wii Fit Trainer on top there. I like Byleth in Smash, but that trailer was pretty limp, in my opinion.

The six way tie was a lot more close. Sephiroth's got three votes, giving it the win. Villager's and Sonic's got two votes. That was an easy choice for me. I'm amazed Sonic's trailer did that well in the first place, guess the pivotal moment of "Mario VS Sonic" was enough to carry it.

Ridley's, Min Min's, and Inkling's got one vote there. You can see how I placed them in my previous post.

The only 1-on-1 tie was between Rosalina's and Pyra's. Those trailers were really divisive!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Byleth trailer was good purely for the self aware "too many swordsmans" quip.

Back in the Melee days, Sonic being included was a common "April Fools"/fake leak. And then it was real (in Brawl). The actual trailer is pretty awful and not aged very well.

Terry's trailer being in the top 10 surprises me most.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ike said:

The Byleth trailer was good purely for the self aware "too many swordsmans" quip.

Back in the Melee days, Sonic being included was a common "April Fools"/fake leak. And then it was real (in Brawl). The actual trailer is pretty awful and not aged very well.

Terry's trailer being in the top 10 surprises me most.

Yeah, I loved that bit of Byleth’s trailer.  I also really, really wanted to give a vote to By Book, Blade & Crest of Flame though for how it screws over Chrom in hilarious fashion; but sadly it was 3 votes only.

Also, yeah @Jonnas, I can’t believe that One Winged Angel didn’t crack to Top 10 (but Cloud got robbed even more, so I guess it’s still a victory for Sephiroth in the end :p).

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this