NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Actraiser Renaissance

crying-icegif-3.gif

I can’t believe it exists.  Never in a million years would I ever have thought that Actraiser would return!!

• Like 1

I'm watching @Dcubed play through it and there's quite a fair bit that's actually new. An expanded moveset and a Tower Defense element to the sim sections.

New music too! And apparently, they did SNES style versions of those as well if you choose the original soundtrack.

It's all very neat!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Yeah, this is very much a Metroid Zero Mission style re-telling of Actraiser.

There are a LOT of new gameplay mechanics that make the game play quite differently from the original.  The combat system in the sidescrolling stages has been completely revamped, and the level design is pretty drastically different.  Likewise, the simulation sections are much more fleshed out than the original; you now have resources to gather, forts and garrisons to build and even ally characters that you can command against Tanzra’s demons in the all new Tower Defense battle sections.  There’s a new optional quests system and the story plays out differently throughout the simulation sections, with new story beats, characters and vignettes added in.

So far? I really like it! I think these new additions really fit nicely into the original game’s mold.  It does feel like what would happen if Actraiser got the Metroid Zero Mission treatment so far! :D 

Edited by Dcubed

Oh right, another thing I forgot to mention.

It's perfectly possible to play this with one of those SNES controllers. Even with the new moves.

Sign in to follow this