NEurope
Cube

Kirby and the Forgotten Land (March 25th 2022)

Credits have rolled. Still got to reach 100% there. Super massive spoilers ahead!

Spoiler

Boy, it did not disappoint in that regard.

First of all, in regards to Elifin's origins.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.pn

Yeah, nah. Any Kirby fan worth their salt immediately raised suspicions on it. New, adorable, cute companion? Must be part of something horrifying! So yeah, mostly saw that one coming a mile off. Although, it's not all evil, I guess. Massive laughs when Kirby rammed a truck into it's face.

That phase when you're running down the corridor is some nightmare fuel though! It's proper gross! And it might just be me, but the incomplete form before that gave me some serious "Heart of NOVA" vibes.

What's interesting here is it can make those portals. You know, those portals that have been around since Kirby's Return to Dream Land? So as far as I'm guessing, there were humans in this forgotten land that somehow managed to make technology to create these portals and then somehow moved to a land of dreams, according to Leongar, anyway. Which left Forgo Elifis to take control of these animals that were left behind and form the Beast Clan? Still not entirely sure what the end goal was there, but there's still more game to play, so maybe more answers are coming.

The real jerk of this story is Meta Knight though, all this going down and you just chilled at the arena the whole time? WTF, man!? At least your sword was proper useful.

Dreading have to go through the boss rush there. The last few bosses have some real tough to dodge attacks! You WILL need to use the R dodge. And you just know there'll be tougher ones at 100%!

Edited by Glen-i
Added space to avoid accidental new page spoilers.

12 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

2pnSAWwbndq3uooKUiGCI2ySM60=.gif

Just before you cast me like a possessed die, what happens if you die is similar to Mario Odyssey. There. Now you know. Since you won't have croaked it in this game to find out for yourself. :indeed:

11 hours ago, Ike said:

Don't know if it works on EU copies or not.

Every little helps. Keep em coming!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Just before you cast me like a possessed die, what happens if you die is similar to Mario Odyssey. There. Now you know. Since you won't have croaked it in this game to find out for yourself. :indeed:

I almost did on the first post-game challenge.

Good ol' Kirby endgame difficulty spike!

One of the early bosses found out the hard way what a Kirby difficulty spike was when they came across me, in spike form.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I almost did on the first post-game challenge.

Good ol' Kirby endgame difficulty spike!

Once you're done with the game, tell me how it ranks among the other Kirby end-/post-games.

I've reached 100% completion and haven't died once. Would love to give harder Kirby games a try :peace: 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Once you're done with the game, tell me how it ranks among the other Kirby end-/post-games.

I've reached 100% completion and haven't died once. Would love to give harder Kirby games a try :peace: 

I've played a fair few Kirby games and the post games challenges are harder than the main game but they still aren't ridiculously difficulty. Dude, you can comfortably complete Souls games, I don't think Kirby post games would cause you any issues. :D 

Also, get back to playing Kena!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've played a fair few Kirby games and the post games challenges are harder than the main game but they still aren't ridiculously difficulty. Dude, you can comfortably complete Souls games, I don't think Kirby post games would cause you any issues. :D 

I'm not looking for soul-crushing difficulties :p Just a little bit of challenge. I like Kirby but all of its games I've played so far kind of felt like a slog to me.

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Also, get back to playing Kena!

Maybe tomorrow. Right now I'm trying to screw Slay the Spire's RNG but it's screwing me. 

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Maybe tomorrow. Right now I'm trying to screw Slay the Spire's RNG but it's screwing me. 

good-family-guy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I'm not looking for soul-crushing difficulties :p Just a little bit of challenge. I like Kirby but all of its games I've played so far kind of felt like a slog to me.

You'll get some pushback from Kirby Clash... because it's one of those free-to-start games and wants you to put real money into it. 

Dream Course has its moments too but it's a putting game (golf) so maybe not what you're thinking of. :p 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Dream Course has its moments too but it's a putting game (golf) so maybe not what you're thinking of. :p 

Truly the Dark Souls of golfing games. :D 

I quite liked Kirby Clash. I put a stupid amount of time into it.

15 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Well, some of the most difficult ones to 100% in my opinion are:

64: To be frank, only one bit is difficult, the boss rush. Kirby isn't as flexible in this game and the bosses aren't very fun. Losing patience will get you killed 90% of the time.

Canvas Curse/Power Paintbrush: Good luck getting the required medal on Paint Roller, because it's very strict! I've only done it once and it was torture! Great game though.

Planet Robobot: This boss rush is actually good, a real test of endurance and skill. It took me a fair few attempts to beat the True Arena in this. Also gives you a mark of shame if you attempt to cheese it with amiibos.

Star Allies (Post Update): Trying to beat The Ultimate Choice on the highest difficulty with solo Kirby? Yeah, that's fun! Probably the second hardest Kirby challenge in the series. (After Canvus Curse's Paint Roller) Remember, friends are for wimps! Pity that the base game is a bit mediocre by Kirby standards. It's fine, but still.

• Thanks 1

This game's brilliant. Entering every stage reminds me of that magic feeling of stepping into a new one in Mario 3D World, maybe not quite to the same extent but close enough.

Waddle Dee Town is a fun idea too

Nicked these codes from elsewhere.

From Demo:
NEWADVENTURE - 300 Star Coins, 1 Rare Stone
CLEARDEMO - 300 Star Coins

Hidden in Waddle Dee Town:
FIRSTPASSWORD - 100 Star Coins
BRAWLINGCOLOSSEUM – 500 Star Coins, 1 Attack Boost
KIRBYSTORY - 300 Star Coins
KIRBYTHEGOURMET – 1 Rare Stone, 1 Car-Mouth Cake
THANKYOUKIRBY - 1,000 Star Coins, 1 Rare Stone
THANKYOUMETAKNIGHT - 3 Rare Stones

Other codes:
MOUTHFULMODE (until April 25) - 100 Star Coins, 1 Car-Mouth Cake
KIRBYNEWSDESK (until April 25) - 150 Star Coins, 1 Energy Drink
KIRBYMICROSITE (until June 10) - 100 Star Coins, 1 Car-Mouth Cake
GAMENEWS - 1 Rare Stone
KIRBYGAMESTOPCAN - 150 Star Coins, 1 Maxim Tomato

Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, Normal is proper broken against bosses!

A lot of them release multiple stars to swallow, crazy damage with some skillful positioning.

Oh. That's what the stars are for! I've just been wielding a copy ability so haven't been swallowing the stars but good to know. 

• Weird 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Well, some of the most difficult ones to 100% in my opinion are:

64: To be frank, only one bit is difficult, the boss rush. Kirby isn't as flexible in this game and the bosses aren't very fun. Losing patience will get you killed 90% of the time.

Canvas Curse/Power Paintbrush: Good luck getting the required medal on Paint Roller, because it's very strict! I've only done it once and it was torture! Great game though.

Planet Robobot: This boss rush is actually good, a real test of endurance and skill. It took me a fair few attempts to beat the True Arena in this. Also gives you a mark of shame if you attempt to cheese it with amiibos.

Star Allies (Post Update): Trying to beat The Ultimate Choice on the highest difficulty with solo Kirby? Yeah, that's fun! Probably the second hardest Kirby challenge in the series. (After Canvus Curse's Paint Roller) Remember, friends are for wimps! Pity that the base game is a bit mediocre by Kirby standards. It's fine, but still.

Continuing this... The True Arena in Kirby's Adventure Wii/Kirby Returns to Dreamland is a nightmare; thanks to That One Boss (You know who...)

Speaking of which, Meta Knightmare Ultra is a solid challenge as well to get a decent time on too.

And then there's Extra Mode in the original Kirby's Dreamland... Which rachets up the base game's difficulty from a 1 straight up to 11 on a dime!

Oh and Kirby Triple Deluxe? You get not one, not two but THREE extra super bosses to fight in its True Arena! And they will break you!

15 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Oh and Kirby Triple Deluxe? You get not one, not two but THREE extra super bosses to fight in its True Arena! And they will break you!

Unless you use the Archer ability and then it's an absolute cakewalk. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Unless you use the Archer ability and then it's an absolute cakewalk. 

Only lamos use archer though :p

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Only lamos use archer though :p

Smart people. Only smart people use archer. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Smart people. Only smart people use archer. 

It's such a broken defensive ability! It won't break many records, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It's such a broken defensive ability! It won't break many records, unfortunately.

Real Kirby players beat True Arena with Hammer.  You know it to be true ;)

6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Real Kirby players beat True Arena with Hammer.  You know it to be true ;)

Only speedrunners, you'd be mad to attempt a more casual run of it.

Hammer sucks.

EDIT: Unless you're playing a game where Dedede is playable, his hammer rocks! Especially when you can throw it away infinitely.

Edited by Glen-i

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I quite liked Kirby Clash. I put a stupid amount of time into it.

I notched up about 30 hours on it with a roughly a 10 min average playtime. There was a while there where the last thing I did in the day was play it and when it was time to pay up or let the timers recharge, that was my cue to close the 3DS and call it a night. 

latest?cb=20140516060134

• Haha 2

I've had the guitar riff from Treasure Road stuck in my head all day.

Great. 

45 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I've had the guitar riff from Treasure Road stuck in my head all day.

Great. 

Did somebody say guitars in Kirby games?

Spoiler

Nothing quite fits the cutest character ever quite like death metal, eh?

This one takes a minute, but it's totally worth it.

And a GBA tune made more rocktastic to finish things off.

Yeah, Kirby has a great track record with the electric guitar.

Maybe that will dig that earworm out. And if not, there's always Bubble Bobble.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

And if not, there's always Bubble Bobble.

What. Have you done. :mad::mad::mad:

• Haha 2