NEurope
Cube

Kirby and the Forgotten Land (March 25th 2022)

Looks great, I can't remember the last time Nintendo did a dedicated single player 3D platformer that wasn't Mario

(and yes I realise it's made by HAL)

Edited by Ronnie
  • Thanks 1

Kirby games are always a highlight because their core messages are you can heal friends with kisses and you can be cute but still an all-powerful being. It's a lesson for us all. 

Looking forward to this. The 2D games are good multiplayer games but I live alone now so it'll be nice to have a platformer. 

I am planning to get this if everything goes to plan. But the bloody Covid has stopped thegamecollection from shipping games to my country.

22 minutes ago, Kounan said:

I am planning to get this if everything goes to plan. But the bloody Covid has stopped thegamecollection from shipping games to my country.

Well it is called Kirby and the Forgotten Land so you may be in luck

(Jokes aside hope you do manage to get it)

33 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Well it is called Kirby and the Forgotten Land so you may be in luck

(Jokes aside hope you do manage to get it)

I could ask them :D.

I can get it also in my country, but it is really expensive, so I choose the eshop, or have to wait quite some time before I can get it for less money (which then comes simmilar what you pay for a new game in the UK).

This was literally the only thing of interest for me in that direct.

Looking forward to it! 

This may be the most excited I've been for a Kirby game in forever. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

One moment in particular that caught my eye in the trailer was how Needle Kirby can roll around with enemies stuck to it, like a Katamari. Feels like a fresh take on an old power (and a change that makes far more sense in 3D), which makes me think they're reimagining most of Kirby's classic powers.

I also hope there's plenty of collectibles, because figuring out how to use your powers to find optional stuff was the best part of Kirby's Dream Land 2&3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jonnas said:

This may be the most excited I've been for a Kirby game in forever. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

One moment in particular that caught my eye in the trailer was how Needle Kirby can roll around with enemies stuck to it, like a Katamari. Feels like a fresh take on an old power (and a change that makes far more sense in 3D), which makes me think they're reimagining most of Kirby's classic powers.

I also hope there's plenty of collectibles, because figuring out how to use your powers to find optional stuff was the best part of Kirby's Dream Land 2&3.

Agreed.  The 3D setting feels like a natural  fit for the more puzzle/exploratory gameplay style as seen in KDL2&3.

• Like 1

"HI!"

Release date confirmed - March 25th

30th anniversary celebrations planned too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks great! Visuals definitely look a bit improved from the first showing too.

The way Kirby just casually walks up to those caged Waddle Dee's and cheerily shouts "Hi!" was really funny for me!

Looks solid, nice to see some co-op action in there as well.

• Thanks 1

Well this looks like the greatest thing ever.  March 25th can’t come soon enough :D

0k2azxc47w541.jpg?auto=webp&s=26b6e7b9b1

Edited by Dcubed

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

The way Kirby just casually walks up to those caged Waddle Dee's and cheerily shouts "Hi!" was really funny for me!

I did find the little montage of him saying "HI!" to everyone funny. He's basically a Labrador puppy.

It truly does look superb and looks like good, old fun. Looking forward to this even though I'm not the biggest Kirby-fan around.

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

30th anniversary celebrations planned too

Poor Zelda and Link got nothing.

Game is looking good though, Ive never been much into the Kirby games but I'll be picking this up for sure,

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Poor Zelda and Link got nothing

Da da da daaaah!

Legend-of-Zelda-will-also-have-Game-Watc

So I'm not expecting that much from the Kirby anniversary either.

Luckily, this game looks to be plenty of fun and for me is enough Kirby celebration. It looks a bit less apocalypse-y than the first trailer, but that doesn't matter.

On the other hand there is literally a never ending deluge of Kirby merchandise in Japan (and the café) so maybe it might be more celebrated than Zelda's, at least in Japan

kirbyandtheforgottenlandreleasedatebanner.620x0.webp

Kirby and the Forgotten Land gets a new trailer and release date

Now up on the main page.

Full press release, and trailer, plus the release date.

It looks like a really well-made and imaginative 3D Kirby game.

The temptation of potentially purchasing the game on release day is there, though we shall see. :smile:

3 hours ago, Dufniall said:

Da da da daaaah!

Legend-of-Zelda-will-also-have-Game-Watc

So I'm not expecting that much from the Kirby anniversary either.

Luckily, this game looks to be plenty of fun and for me is enough Kirby celebration. It looks a bit less apocalypse-y than the first trailer, but that doesn't matter.

Ah yes, they got that port of a remake of a port of an old game of a port of a remake (too much? lol) For such a huge franchise I really thought Zelda would get more.

that's what it was that I couldn't place. Shame as that looked awesome but who knows if that may still play a part in it. 

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

For such a huge franchise I really thought Zelda would get more.

To be fair, it was only the 35th anniversary, a bit of an arbitrary number. I think it starts to lose all meaning if you celebrate these things too often, and they did quite a bit for Zelda's 30th from what I remember.

KIrby's anniversary celebrations have all been pretty great so far; I'd expect good things from this one (hopefully not just another G&W release!).

A 35th Anniversary CD with new music arrangements sounds pretty likely (they did one for the past anniversary); let's just hope that it actually gets a worldwide release and doesn't remain Japanese only.

Edited by Dcubed

It won't happen but I'd love to see a re-release of Air Ride for the 30th. Never got a chance to play it but heard lots of great things about it. 

• Thanks 1