NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo Direct : 23.09.21 (11pm UK time)

I saw Kirby was leaked but didn't know it was a 3D World style game - looks great!

That Animal Crossing tease was a bit mean though, hopefully the update is more than just the cafe - looking forward to the direct in October.

Lots of Square Enix in this presentation, the card RPG looks really interesting but not really my thing

They're doing a deep dive in Dread, I'm muting it and looking away until its over...

Was that Winback as part of N64 online? Bizarre.

Show me those controllers Nintendo, geez

Edited by killthenet

Never thought I'd see a day where Nintendo are making Megadrive controllers. Crazy times

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yaaaay I can replay OOT. :D

Boooo no Pokemon RBY GSC. xD

Edit: Also I see they're including the toughest game of all time: Ecco the Dolphin (I'm serious, it's tough (but also a really excellent game)).

Edited by Sckewi
  • Like 1

Just now, Dcubed said:

Why have they recast Bayonetta!?!? I don’t understand!

It is super jarring, doesn't sound right at all. She doesn't look right either...

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Why have they recast Bayonetta!?!? I don’t understand!

Yeah, such a weird decision. It's all very Metal Gear Solid V, and I don't like it.

The gameplay looks solid though!

@killthenet, it'd be weird if she didn't look different, though?

Edited by Glen-i

DUDE!!! BANJO KAZOOIE IS COMING TO SWITCH!!!!

And it’s NOT the shitty XBLA version!!!

I’ve waited so frigging long… The Bear & Bird are finally back where they belong…

crying-icegif-3.gif

• Haha 1

I just realised with Sonic 2 being a part of NSO, there will be four ways to play it on Switch: The NSO version, the Sega Ages version, the Megadrive/Genesis Classics version, and the upcoming Sonic Origins version. xD

• Haha 3

Yup, pay a second subscription on top of the £20 a year to rent the original Banjo-Kazooie, or pay a fiver to own a much better version, alongside also owning Banjo-Tooie, Nuts & Bolts and a load of other Rare games.

It's a shame Nintendo continues to treat the Switch so poorly.

• Like 1

Just now, Cube said:

Yup, pay a second subscription on top of the £20 a year to rent the original Banjo-Kazooie, or pay a fiver to own a much better version, alongside also owning Banjo-Tooie, Nuts & Bolts and a load of other Rare games.

It's a shame Nintendo continues to treat the Switch so poorly.

I mean, you're wrong. But whatevs.

Also, Banjo-Tooie's controls are awful in the XBox version.

I didn't clock that they showed Banjo in the coming soon bit, that's great because I've never had access to it before.

Really good direct on the whole, Kirby looks great and it was good to finally see Bayonetta 3 (even if they have made the bonkers decision to recast her). I'll definitely be picking up Castlevania Advance Collection and Disco Elysium when they hit the eShop and the trailer for the Age of Calamity add on hooked me in so I'll probably pick that up too (if I can convince my brother to give me my copy back). 

Interested to see how much more they add to Animal Crossing, the fact they are giving it a separate direct gives me hope that it's pretty major.

I know it's stupid to get excited about but I am really looking forward to the N64 games being added to the online service, and getting a wireless legit N64 controller is going to be so good (if I can get my hands on one, I'm sure they'll be like gold dust)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

I just realised with Sonic 2 being a part of NSO, there will be four ways to play it on Switch: The NSO version, the Sega Ages version, the Megadrive/Genesis Classics version, and the upcoming Sonic Origins version. xD

That has to be some sort of record.

• Like 1