NEurope
Ronnie

Nintendo Direct : 23.09.21 (11pm UK time)

Pretty much just expecting a deep dive into Metroid Dread where they spoil everything even more than have been doing already.

Other than that, N64 games being added to Switch online seems a solid bet (especially with those leaked patents for another Switch controller) so I'll be happy to see them announce that. Otherwise I'm not really fussed, trailers for Bayonetta 3 & Metroid Prime 4 would obviously be great but those both seem unlikely, maybe we'll see another snippet of BOTW2 and find out the title? 

Either way I'll be glad to have another direct to enjoy!

Metroid Dread, Big Brain Academy, Mario Party and Advance Wars Remake already coming.

Guessing the last Smash character will get revealed, and a big game for December?

eB647Tx.png

:laughing:

Hype levels are at an all-time low for me, but here's hoping Nintendo are finally going to start dropping some megatons again. :heh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

There just has to be...HAS to be something Monster Hunter Rise related in here, G rank DLC or whatever, my NSO subscription for another year depends on it! (And at the moment the auto renew is off) 

Hopes are not high, but yet we can only dream

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Metroid Dread, Big Brain Academy, Mario Party and Advance Wars Remake already coming.

Guessing the last Smash character will get revealed, and a big game for December?

But those are all autumn not winter 😋

There may be Mario & Rabbids too but not sure when exactly that is. March was it?

(I'm working and lazy hence lack of Googling)

1 hour ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

There just has to be...HAS to be something Monster Hunter Rise related in here, G rank DLC or whatever, my NSO subscription for another year depends on it! (And at the moment the auto renew is off) 

Hopes are not high, but yet we can only dream

I wouldn't put my money on that until next Spring. A year after release seems right.

Anyway, it's mad to think that we're very close to finally finding out who won the Smash Prediction Competition!

There is absolutely no way the last character will be warmly welcomed by most people. Smash never ends on a huge get, but that won't stop people getting their hopes up!

Me? I've got my expectations in check. If it has to be a Sword/Shield Pokémon, it better be the correct one!

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If it has to be a Sword/Shield Pokémon, it better be the correct one!

Rick!

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Rick!

What? The Rhyperior I trained?

Bit of an odd choice, even weirder that it's specifically the one I nicknamed... But sure, why not? Smash needs a Rock and Ground type!

Edited by Glen-i

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

What? The Rhyperior I trained?

Bit of an odd choice, even weirder that it's specifically the one I nicknamed... But sure, why not? Smash needs a Rock and Ground type!

Well you should be honoured for all the work you've done for the roster

Just now, RedShell said:

Rick?

Hide contents

Give it up

• Haha 1

With the focus “mainly” on games being released this Winter (or Autumn 😜) I’m expecting a few details on a couple of post-March 2022 releases.  My guesses are Splatoon 3 and Rabbids 2.  Zelda would be nice but I don’t expect anything as expect Nintendo think it would draw too much attention away from their Winter releases (which it would!).

Metroid Dread, Advance Wars, Mario Party & Pokémon to be the main games.

Danganronpa, DLC for Hyrule Warriors 2 and then DLC for Monster Hunter. 

Plus the final Smash reveal will be here!  Cue excitement followed by the inevitable disappointment…

Do we think we’ll see any indie games? I was thinking Sports Story and the new tennis game, but I think they’ll save them for another indie direct.

Those are my predictions (what I think anyway, not necessarily what I actually want!)

• Like 1

Is it actual Winter, ie Dec 21 - Mar 21, or is what the Americans consider winter, the last three months of the year.

I'd say Splatoon 3 and one big new announcement are safe bets, plus updates to existing stuff, the Smash character and maybe an NSO update.

Sports Story would be nice.

Agree with @WackerJr, no Zelda. Maybe Game Awards? Or their Jan/Feb Direct + E3 that year = Nov 2022 release? Hopefully sooner though.

• Like 1

content-4-36557-nintendodirect23092021banner.jpg

Nintendo Direct to be broadcast on 23/09/2021

Up on the main page.

We'll have the full roundup article with the press release etc up on the main page shortly after the event airs tomorrow evening. :smile:

No expectations for this, aside from potential spoilers for Metroid Dread (which I'll be avoiding and posting a spoiler warning on/in the article/main page if applicable)

And maybe a trailer for a surprise revival/remake of an old Nintendo game... I don't know, maybe Mach Rider? ::shrug:

Yeah I'm not sure if it's seasonal winter or just end of year. I know Q1 of the finance year is April onwards too so... Lots of options. 

I'd expect them to announce something for March latest. 

It's too late for me to watch it live, unfortunately. But I'm looking forward to seeing if they come with some good surprises. There's nothing for me until Arceus and after that, well, Zelda, Metroid, Bayonetta, but not holding my breath for either of those until mid 2022.

Gosh yeah I didn't clock the time. I'll have been in bed for a while at that point! Something to watch Friday morning I guess.