NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Domo Kun

Wario Ware Revolution

There's been no official word about it. But I'd say it's pretty likely that Nintendo will make a Wario Ware game for the Revolution to show off the controller's potential.

Now, part of me thinks this would be a great way to introduce users to the controller's potential. Yet another part of me thinks this will mean the console will be labeled gimicky and it might get off to a bad start.

What're your opinions on a game to show off the console's potential in such a way as Warioware?

Although no 'official' announcement's been made i'm sure Nintendo mentioned Wario Ware is in development for Rev around E3 last year;

The DS launched with Wario Ware and it did great for the console and I think the same applies for the Rev.

I can see the Rev selling in a very similar way to the DS; especially if Nintendo approach the Rev with the same/constant level of advertising they've shown the DS!

I think Wario Ware would be a great to have there as a launch title! or as a game sold with the Rev!

I think it's pretty safe to say that they're probably already making a WW for Revolution, since it's a match made in heaven.

I think it's inevitable this will happen, and not just 'at some point in the console's lifespan' but at launch. It is the perfect way to demonstrate what the controller can do and some of the stuff shown in the Revolution promo video would hint at it (A full game based on chopping and frying? Unless they're making a Mario Chef...although knowing how they milk Mario it wouldn't actually srurpise me :heh: ) Also if anyone listened to IGN's podcast on the Revolution they sounded pretty convinced that one was in the work and would be a launch title.

My only concern about launching with something like this is the graphics, if they do a 2D game no matter how enjoyable it is it's probably safe to say it won't stand up well against Halo 3. That doesn't matter to you or me but to the casual gamer, it just might - Even EyeToy/Buzz! have well animated 3D graphics. Each mini-game in 3D would probably be best and I think cel-shading could work well.

It's called WarioWare Pushed! it will be there, it wont be worth what you pay for it.. but you will get it for the experience it will give you for a few hours.

it should make a great multiplayer game, as the gamecube version was, i'm really looking forward to this, hopefully, launch title:)

The Cube ver rocked, though now I'm kinda bored of it. Not all the minigames came up in multiplayer and if they did, some were REALLY rare!!

It's called WarioWare Pushed! it will be there, it wont be worth what you pay for it.. but you will get it for the experience it will give you for a few hours.

Where'd you hear this?

Erm, dunno.. some website.

We've had twisted, touched and it seems a natural progression to call it pushed.

All part of Nintendo's revolution in gaming..

I really can't be arsed to trawl my bookmarks to find it. Sorry.

I really enjoyed Wario Ware touched and still come back to it now and then. It was a great way to show off the console and the unlockables were cool. I remember some tough Ping-Pong matches during brakes.

I also think a Wario Ware for Rev is in production but I doubt it will feature good graphics, it'll rather be some "techdemos" and such things but people who are all about graphics shouldn't choose the Rev (no, I don't think it's less powerful, I base it on the fact that there's no HD) in the first place. I think the Wario Ware crazyness isn't something for everybody and the ones who like it don't care about it's graphics but only it's crazyness and for other people there should be enough traditional games to choose from.

I'm looking forward to Wario Ware and if it features multiplayer (and it has to) it will be a very cool experience with plenty of lifespan. I didn't really like the GC version in single player but in multiplayer it was great.

Launch title for sure. It's the perfect revo launch game & fits with Nintendo's strategy. I hope they have a built in Nintendog Revolution lol

Nintendogs is saturated the market, no game has sold that well in years.

It wont be out again.

it should make a great multiplayer game, as the gamecube version was, i'm really looking forward to this, hopefully, launch title:)

How funny will it be with four people standing waving their arms around trying to finish a mini game. I can see it now :hehe:

It's got to be a launch title as it will show off what the Revolution's controller is capable of.

Like the DS showed what it's capable of, WW:T showed off pretty much everything it could do. Even mic stuff.

The only problem was people calling it "gimicky" though usualyl sony/msoft fanboys.

I think this will be fantastic on Rev, Just a thought, like on ds we had NES ones, can we have some from other consoles on that too, the cleaning bit from nintendogs would make a great minigame

how great would it be to have it on Revo with a bunch of Retro mini games but this time from N64 and stuff as well, ooooh so cool

It really would be so much fun, I hope it's a launch game. I've only got the demo of the DS Wario Ware but it's enough to keep me busy for hours, trying to beat my scores.

Sign in to follow this