NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Indie World Showcase : 11 / 08 / 21 (5pm UK time)

Indie Directs are always fun, curious to see what gets shown. Hoping for an Axiom Verge 2 date (he tweeted it will be ready and in time to finish it before Metroid Dread drops so can't be too long). Maybe Fall Guys, maybe Silksong? Did OlliOlli World already have a launch date?

December apparently for OlliOlli World. 

I'd love to see another Cadence of Hyrule type thing with an indie team trusted with a Nintendo IP.

A Steamworld Dig 3 announcement or more info on the Shovel Knight games coming out would be great. Not expecting Silksong (crazy how that announcement trailer was 2 and a half years ago, it looked so far along!).

Wonder if there will be an update on Eastward? Feels like it's been a while since we've seen that!

17 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Windjammers 2.  SURELY!?

You'd hope so, considering they put out a video half an hour ago saying that there's going to be a beta for PlayStation and PC from tomorrow until the 22nd! 

Will the Switch get the beta I wonder? Feel like it would be a bit odd to purposely leave them out of this announcement just to have it highlighted for the same thing in the Showcase, but then again, guess they can say "Try it today!" at that point? 

• Thanks 1

content-4-36538-indieworld11082021banner.jpg

Indie World Showcase to be broadcast on Wednesday 11th August at 5PM UK time

Up on the main page.

We'll have the full roundup article with the press release etc up on the main page shortly after the event airs tomorrow. :smile:

No expectations for this, aside from (again) perhaps Panzer Dragoon Z.W.E.I. Remake being that it's due out this year...

• Thanks 2

Can't believe someone stole the winemaking sim game idea I had years ago and did nothing with. 

• Haha 1

I thought that was a really good showcase. I can’t wait for Metal Slug Tactics.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

It was a great showcase. Loop Hero coming later this year, Eastward launching as a timed exclusive on September 16th and Axiom Verge 2 coming out later today (launching on PS4/PS5 and PC later this year as well). Far: Changing Tides looks fantastic as does Garden Story, which is also out today.

Really solid showing.

• Like 1

Really great showcase. A bit surprised there was no big final reveal but Eastward looks fantastic and it's nice to have a date on that.

Garden Story and Axiom Verge 2 shadow drop both on the same day! :eek:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helmsly said:

I thought that was a really good showcase. I can’t wait for Metal Slug Tactics.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out too. Would love a demo for it.

1 hour ago, Ganepark32 said:

It was a great showcase. Loop Hero coming later this year, Eastward launching as a timed exclusive on September 16th and Axiom Verge 2 coming out later today (launching on PS4/PS5 and PC later this year as well). Far: Changing Tides looks fantastic as does Garden Story, which is also out today.

Really solid showing.

A lot of good looking stuff shown, yeah. What was that beast fighting game at the end?? Made my face screw up. :confused:

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Really great showcase. A bit surprised there was no big final reveal but Eastward looks fantastic and it's nice to have a date on that.

Garden Story and Axiom Verge 2 shadow drop both on the same day! :eek:

Is Garden Story new or just coming to Switch now? I'd like some info on it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Is Garden Story new or just coming to Switch now? I'd like some info on it.

It was revealed in a prior Indie Showcase and I think it was in a non-Nintendo E3 stream earlier this year, but no release date until well, today.

• Thanks 1

content-4-36541-indieworld11082021roundupbanner.jpg

Nintendo Indie World 11/08/2021 Presentation Roundup

All up on the main site, N-Europe's Roundup of the presentation.

Full press release and video. :peace:

Once again, no expectations here, games were shown, plenty that I probably won't be purchasing, though there's clearly a lot of variety on offer.

Axiom Verge 2  looks like it's worth checking out now, I might download it and play it, despite not even playing through the original.

(The original game is currently 10% off in the eShop... I'd have thought that maybe a bigger discount would have sold the developer more copies now the sequel is out?)

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk was probably the highlight, as it seems like a Jet Set Radio type game, but for real this time... as in, this looks on-par with the Dreamcast classic.

• Like 3

Great showing yesterday. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk looks cool, a spiritual successor to Jet Set Radio. TOEM looks interesting as well, the black and white photography one. Really happy that Metal Slug Tactics is coming to the Switch, prefer to play it there instead of on the PC. Tetris Effect is a nice addition, although I had my share of Tetris games.

Axiom Verge 2 drop was the highlight, I don't remember when the last time was that I picked up a new indiegame instead of waiting for a sale, but for this I made an exception. Put about an hour into it and I feel it's going to be good!

@S.C.G: The first game has been on sale numerous times, with discounts of at least 50% (maybe more). So if you are interested I'd say wait a bit longer for a bigger sale. Part 2 is also 10% off now.

• Thanks 1

On first viewing I thought nothing there for me. However after revisiting a couple games look interesting to me. TOEM looks like my kind of game. Remind me of Pokémon Snap a bit. Far: Changing Tides looked interesting too. 

However I can’t believe non of you are talking about the game of the show, Boyfriend Dungeon, who doesn’t want to woo their weapons and have a morphing sword that turns into that guy. 

• Haha 2

Caught up. Haven't done these in a while:

• Bomb Rush Cyberfunk (2022) - maybe - not into skating games, but this doesn't seem to be purely skating, plus I'm digging the style.
  • Toem - A Photo adventure (Autumn 2021) - maybe - I am into photography games, or at least, I wish there were some more options. I like the style, although I'd have prefered another style for a photography games, but it looks fun enough.
  • Loop hero (Winter 2021) - absolutely not - I bought this game on Steam. That this is another roguelite that disappointed is an understatement, it's the first game I'd paid for and consider having removed from my account. I hate it that much.
  • Far - Changing Tides (Early 2022) - maybe - First game doesn't ring a bell. Artstyle is too simplistic for my taste, but I'm digging the vibe.
  • Necrobarista - Last Round (now) - maybe - I was into this when it was announced, but it's not really doing it for me at the moment. Maybe I'll still give it a chance.
  • Garden Story (now) - no - This look's like theoretically it's up my alley, but footage has never appealed to me.
  • Boyfriend Dungeon (now) - no - Girlfriend dungeon maybe, but this, no.
  • Axiom Verge 2 (now) - absolutely yes - Loved the first, it was my favourite metroidvania before Hollow Knight.
  • Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon (Winter 2021) - no - Simply not for me. Loving the music though.
  • Islanders - Console Edition (now) - no - I love citybuilding games, but it looks to me they stripped down the genre down to something that's not fun. Just busywork.
  • Metal Slug Tactics (2022) - absolutely yes - This is up my alley and it looks great.
  • Tetris Effect Connected - no - As usual, I'm not into action puzzlers.
  • Astroneer (January 2022) - unlikely - I'm not digging the style. Small chance I'm into the gameplay.
  • Hundred Days (Winter 2021) - no - Modern games with "simulator" in the name, are usually ones to avoid for me, exceptions notwithstanding. Looks like busywork.
  • Slime Rancher: Plortable Edition  (now) maybe - Maybe, but probably not. This has been on my Steam wishlist for a long time, but I'm not in the mood for it.
  • LumbearJack (2022) maybe - Looks too simplistic for me (both artstyle and gameplay), but may be dumb enough to be fun.
  • Curious Expedition 2 (now) - unknown - I would need to see more.
  • Gang Beasts (Autumn 2021) - absolutely not - This looks like Shovelware. Looks absolutely terrible.
  • Eastward (September 2021) - yes - This grabbed my attention first time around, and I'm still looking forward to it.
Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Ronnie said:

It was revealed in a prior Indie Showcase and I think it was in a non-Nintendo E3 stream earlier this year, but no release date until well, today.

I meant to look it up today but I forgot. Will do so later and see if it's meant to be any good. 

8 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

On first viewing I thought nothing there for me. However after revisiting a couple games look interesting to me. TOEM looks like my kind of game. Remind me of Pokémon Snap a bit. Far: Changing Tides looked interesting too. 

However I can’t believe non of you are talking about the game of the show, Boyfriend Dungeon, who doesn’t want to woo their weapons and have a morphing sword that turns into that guy. 

The photo game looked interesting, to be sure. Do you think (or know if) there will be any colour in it? Could get a bit drab after a while if not...? ::shrug: 

I looked up Boyfriend Dungeon this morning and it seems hilarious. 

@Sméagol it's nice to have your quickfire assessments and all... but it's even nicer to have a list of what was shown that I can now refer back to. :D 

• Weird 1

I will point out black and white photography has been around for over 100 years 😋

28 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I will point out black and white photography has been around for over 100 years 😋

Is this game black and white snaps of a technicolour world? If so, disregard what I said.

26 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Is this game black and white snaps of a technicolour world? If so, disregard what I said.

The world was monochrome before the 50s. Little known fact. 

Anyway I'm interested in whatever the Jet Set Radio game is called. That sweet sweet nostalgia. 

Was surprised to see Boyfriend Dungeon come out as it's been talked about for a long time on Twitter to then suddenly be released was a bit of a head spin. 

On 8/11/2021 at 7:17 PM, darksnowman said:

A lot of good looking stuff shown, yeah. What was that beast fighting game at the end?? Made my face screw up. :confused:

I've never played it myself, but Giantbomb used to steam it often over the years and they seemed to have a lot of fun with it. From what I gather from watching their streams of it, the game seems to be a deliberately janky brawler to mess around in.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this