NEurope
Julius

Football Season 2021/22

Oh my goodness Courtois WTF

Hate him but what a game he's having 

Also @Hero-of-Time yeah you're right, hadn't thought of that! Crazy to think about, but then again, both times you were up against the almighty Chelsea :p

Edited by Julius

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Oh my goodness Courtois WTF

Hate him but what a game he's having 

Yup. Easily man of the match.

Madrid were the better team and the better team won. They took their chance and their defensive play, as well as their keeper, were fantastic. We just didn't show up and it was another performance of us running around but struggling to do anything substantial with the ball. 

Unlucky Liverpool, you just so happened to catch Courtois on the day of one of his best ever performances. He was imperious and he's the reason Real won today, but Liverpool did also fall away as the second half went on. 

Real now have double the number of UCL/European Cups as the next team with the most UCL wins (Milan with 7). Insane. They've put in some crazy performances this season, Carlo is a champ, most UCL's won by a manager (4) and very deserved. 

Ronaldo must be seething now that some of these Madrid players are joint level with him for second most UCL's at 5 after he left thinking the dynasty was over. That's nice to think about at least :laughing:

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

The more Courtois speaks the more I hate him

Also reminder that Ancelotti has as many UCL's now as Pep and Jose combined 

And Raúl bringing out the trophy was a great moment :D

Edited by Julius

I hate the power football has over me sometimes :hmm:

When your team, that you love and support for often incomprehensible reasons, wins then you reap the benefits of the joy and euphoria that comes with it. When it goes the other way, like last weekend and more recently last night, it can put into perspective how exhausting and ultimately draining it can all be.

The amount of stress you go through watching every match possible, the relief, the frustration, the hope, the despair.. it all takes its toll. You can come away wondering why you care so much.

But you do. Always!

After last weekend, I was so ready for the season to be over. Yes, we had the possibility of a 7th European Cup on the horizon but I was also feeling somewhat desperate for the break so that I didn't have to properly think about football again for a few months.

Liverpool have been amazing and the success, however you want to judge it, has been impressive. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! 

Going so far in every competition just makes defeat taste all the worse, unfortunately, especially when you lived every moment through the season.

No doubt I'll be back on August ready to go again but for now I really just want my life back!

I'm looking at the best way of getting tickets to see a Premier League match next season, apparently a membership of one of the clubs is fairly essential. Looking on the Liverpool site is a bit confusing, it just says membership costs £36.99. Is that annual or monthly? 

Really surprised to see Salah has signed a new 3 year deal with Liverpool today. I didn't think either side were going to back down and Salah had one foot already out the door.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Really surprised to see Salah has signed a new 3 year deal with Liverpool today. I didn't think either side were going to back down and Salah had one foot already out the door.

I'm gutted he's staying. I'd rather have kept Mane and cashed out on Salah.

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm gutted he's staying. I'd rather have kept Mane and cashed out on Salah.

To be fair it would never have happened that way, I don't think Mane was just angling for more money. I'd have preferred him too I think but he wanted to leave.

I think this leaves us in a stronger position for next season anyway. Klopp doesn't have to spend time worrying about rebuilding the front partnerships as much, knowing that they'll soon be gone again.

Barcelona win the award for weirdest unveiling promo for a new signing that I've seen in a while; I present to you, Christensen by Photoshop. 

What were they thinking? :D

That's it, all new signing reveals need to be done as WWE entrances from now on

10 hours ago, Mokong said:

That's it, all new signing reveals need to be done as WWE entrances from now on

Indeed. It's absolutely fantastic. :D 

10 hours ago, darksnowman said:

For anyone wondering what Kompany would bring to the club...

I hope other clubs follow his lead. :p 

Will anyone else be watching the Women's Euro competition? I've been watching the England team progress over the past few years and they are looking really strong at the moment and have done for a while now. I'm hoping they can go quite far in the tournament. There is a passion and drive shown by the women's England side that puts the England men's team to shame.

• Like 1

Looks like Aribo is taking the well-trodden route via Southampton to Liverpool. :laughing: 

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Will anyone else be watching the Women's Euro competition? I've been watching the England team progress over the past few years and they are looking really strong at the moment and have done for a while now. I'm hoping they can go quite far in the tournament. There is a passion and drive shown by the women's England side that puts the England men's team to shame.

I'll be keeping an eye on the Green and White Army. 

6 goals up at half time. 

lovelyjubbly-delboy.gif

Crazy performance. I was expecting Norway to cause some issues but they just haven't been in the game at all.

Yeah, I was worried that Norway would prove to be quite tricky but the just looked shell shocked in the first half. England were definitely nervous on Wednesday night but they got the 3pts, I fully expected them to put in an improved performance tonight but they've just blown the opposition away - the movement, passing, closing down, finishing has been outstanding, hoping that Beth Mead and Ellen White can both pick up hat tricks 

• Like 1

Yeah, Beth has been fantastic. Her crosses have been outstanding for the majority of the game.

Glad to see the NI ladies haven't disgraced themselves. Would be nice if they can wrap things up without getting tonked by England.

1 minute ago, darksnowman said:

Glad to see the NI ladies haven't disgraced themselves. Would be nice if they can wrap things up without getting tonked by England.

I'd be surprised if England side a proper squad. We are through to the next round and it would be pointless to risk injuries.

I actually worry for Northern Ireland on Friday, the strength in depth England have is ridiculous (especially up front) and the players that do come in for that game will be itching to impress to try and get in Wiegman's starting 11 for the QF. Northern Ireland have been quite disciplined at times in this tournament but they are still very much a team of part timers so if England score early on Friday and get their tails up it could be a very long night for the NI players.

Crazy how much possession Spain had during the match and yet couldn't do nothing with it. Their final ball was always terrible. Credit to Germany though. They made it very hard for Spain to break them down. Outstanding defensive performance.